ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beats by Dre headphones

Clio 182 Silver
they are good but not sure you would see a benefit for playstation.

ps fake ones sound better than real ones.. figure that out

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Beats are awful, terrible sound quality, terrible build quality and terrible brand image

DB.

BMW 440i
They are actually decent, people like to have a snobbish view on them on here, but music, especially house, rnb and hip hop etc sound very good through them. At that price, I would take them if they are legit.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
What would you reccomend? I want something that will sound half decent whilst gaming !

They will sound fine for the PlayStation. Half the people with negative views on them are just following the crowd, probably have never lifted a pair up.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
They will sound fine for the PlayStation. Half the people with negative views on them are just following the crowd, probably have never lifted a pair up.

I had some with my phone, far too much bass, I went to use them again recently as I had no other headphones and they didn't work.

G51 BEN

All these kids and fashion conscious preppy types are the ones following the crowd with a pair of these slung round their neck for no good reason.
They are a brand, and you can only buy them if you are wearing chino's and a buttoned up checkered shirt iirc.

Get a decent pair for that amount - Sennheiser or similar

Bose > All.

My girlfriend has Beats which I got her for xmas, and they are poor compared to my Bose pair. The audio is decent enough compared to say the stock Apple headphone, but not as good as Bose or Sennhieser.

Build quality is also s**t. I mean, really s**t. Girlfriend had them for about 2 months with minimal use and the ear piece started popping out of the casing. Took them back but the new pair did the same.

Fashion-phones. Not for audio connoisseurs at all.

This. Every morning driving by the bus stops along my route and theres 2 or 3 people wearing em.

Get yourself into a store that has a bunch of different types and price ranges. I was in a similar predicament a few years back thinking i needed to spend 200+ on them. In the end I decided to spend £60 on some Denon headphones and put the rest of the money into making a good hi-fi system.

Clio 197
HD25 MKII google search these, buy them, searching for headphones done. Fantastic quality in build and sound. Had a pair for 4years now (full time DJ) and can not fault them. Also very comfy if you wear them for long a long period of time.

Depending on your budget. You could go all out and buy some t1's in war monitors but get ready to spend some pennies.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
If your going to use them for gaming then I recommend turtle beach all day long and plus you have microphone and cheaper to.

I have these:
bose-quietcomfort15.jpg

They're bloody brilliant.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Cheers for all the replies and advice guys. Think ill give the beats by Dre headphones a miss even at that cheaper price. Headphone shopping this weekend for me then

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
The beats were ok but well over priced. I used them with my HTC one x which has beats audio and if I'm honest it was just bass overload. You loose a lot of the mid and high frequencies as the bass just dominates.

Not the best value for money imho. Loved the single cable setup though.

Megane 250
For ps3 go for turtlebeachs, they're awesome for gaming, can adjust everything to make it perfect for your self to get a better gaming sound.

I got some turtlebeach x31s think thy we're in shops for around £90 they're awesome.

DB.

BMW 440i
The fact youre being offered them at that price, just take them and sell them if anything.

I'd use them though, love mine, very good and had them over a year now with no problems.

133/225/CLS AMG
Personally I wouldn't touch a set of Beats, I've listened to them and wasn't that enamoured with them. I've known a couple of people with them and one set packed up within 6 months, the others just didn't feel especially well made.

I personally wouldn't spend the kind of money on them as I don't think they're built to the prices they sell for. Cleverly marketed to be very fashionable but they are average in my eyes.