ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blue 172 cup cut me up - stirling

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Don't make things worse off for yourself pal. As a said half way thru this thread I'll be seeing you about! Someone your size isnt going to do much damage lolz..

Knowing who most of Martin's family is, id re think that before your 172 ends up in a ball of flames in your driveway one night lol!!! proper nuts!

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
I don't have a drive way.. It's locked in a secure unit every night in the middle of nowhere :) Funny one tho ha!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hahaha listen to her eh!? Some of us have a life and can't always reply back as fast as a wee renford regect like yourself, see for your cheek I'll f**king leather you the next time a see you. You will regret being as smug as you must feel right now. Silly wee laddie fae Denny trying to make a c**t of me on a Internet site haha not very wise son..

Im going to guess no gcse's at c or above?

Ashy172 do you go around all the time thinking you are mr T?? seriously get a grip or you won't last long in life because folk will not tollerate it!!

Have a nice day and stay calm,or leather the car

53 Clio's & counting
+
Hahaha listen to her eh!? Some of us have a life and can't always reply back as fast as a wee renford regect like yourself, see for your cheek I'll f**king leather you the next time a see you. You will regret being as smug as you must feel right now. Silly wee laddie fae Denny trying to make a c**t of me on a Internet site haha not very wise son..

Someone+is+wrong+on+internet.png

All said in jest mate, welcome to the forum.

Just try to chill out a bit, and take things with a pinch of salt.

Now onto your car, you want a turbo conversion? Just be prepared to do it properly, you will need to be spending a good 4 or 5 thousand pounds

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

Read in the 'proper' accent thats the funniest s**t I've read all year lmao

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

This is f**king superb.

We need more of this instead of the mind numbingly shite patter in GC these days!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hi Chris! I've already got turini's as standard and have already had them refurbed in nice sparkly silver and rapped in new falken tyres. I picked up a set of Raceland Coilovers not long ago and find them just perfect. I'm looking for a bit of info about a low compression turbo conversion. I'm going to start gathering the parts I need in a few months and was wondering if differant pistons ect are needed? Thanks for the advice it has been usefull. Cheers!

I'd always have forged pistons and rods in the bottom end if I was planning on turbo'ing anything that wasnt intended to be turbo'd from the factory.

Have a read here, its a big eye opener, especially into costs

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?635501-How-to-build-a-genuine-300-Turbo-Clio

225 meg
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Pmsl

Italian 3.2 V6
Its been a while since a CS thread has made me laugh instead of :banghead:! Lol.

Oh n welcome! :argue:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd always have forged pistons and rods in the bottom end if I was planning on turbo'ing anything that wasnt intended to be turbo'd from the factory.

Have a read here, its a big eye opener, especially into costs

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?635501-How-to-build-a-genuine-300-Turbo-Clio

The standard pistons and rods are no worse construction than the standard pistons and rods in a megane turbo.
So if you are going for a modest power output, no need to change them providing you decompress the engine.

The MWM turbo car that I was involved in mapping ran 250lbft and 258bhp on standard pistons and rods and has done trackdays and countless thousand road miles without any problem like that.

There is a lot of misinformation out there about clio's IMHO.

I would say the pistons are under more chance of failure due to higher peak cylinder pressures on a 210bhp big cammed and ITB motor than they are when decompressed and run at 260bhp with a turbo and hence with the option of lots of extra safety in the map as you arent trying to get every last possible bhp out of it.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Actually amazed how some people can get so angry, so fast for essentially nothing. Pathetic.

Complains that someone is sad for making a post about getting cut up, then proceeds to retaliate instantly with a threat to wrap them in cow skin (?). That's bloody crackers.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The standard pistons and rods are no worse construction than the standard pistons and rods in a megane turbo.
So if you are going for a modest power output, no need to change them providing you decompress the engine.

The MWM turbo car that I was involved in mapping ran 250lbft and 258bhp on standard pistons and rods and has done trackdays and countless thousand road miles without any problem like that.

There is a lot of misinformation out there about clio's IMHO.

I would say the pistons are under more chance of failure due to higher peak cylinder pressures on a 210bhp big cammed and ITB motor than they are when decompressed and run at 260bhp with a turbo and hence with the option of lots of extra safety in the map as you arent trying to get every last possible bhp out of it.

The forged suggestion was only because boost is addictive, fair enough running at low psi at around 250 with be fun for a while but you'll soon be wanting to get it turned up, if the ingrediants are already done it saves you pulling the lump out again to do the pistons in it when you want to go further

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The forged suggestion was only because boost is addictive, fair enough running at low psi at around 250 with be fun for a while but you'll soon be wanting to get it turned up, if the ingrediants are already done it saves you pulling the lump out again to do the pistons in it when you want to go further

While I agree in principle with what you are saying, in the case of 260bhp or so, no need to spent any significant money on the engine, so if you want a fairly fast car with a very cheap to maintain engine its a good option to just use the standard pistons. If however you are prepared to spend big money for big power, then its a different application altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.