ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 197 vs MG in SWANSEA

MG ZR 160
No need to look shocked it is fast, may give you a head start next time lol

BTW we were at the lights by Asda. All fun times hehe

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Don't normally get involved in racing stories but I've got ten mins to kill before I go out lol. Reckon by the time I come back it will be locked lol

MG ZR 160
LMAO the guy was asking for it as he kept edging forward and looking at me. Plus i had no water in the cooling system and the car still pulled, and yes the Car is standard engine wise

is there gonna be a welsh meet soon also lol, i like attending meets whatever car i have even if its for robin reliants lol

MG ZR 160
I was told they were turbo'd, oh the coolant thing the zed sprung a leak in the MSCP. Was driving home then i saw the clio lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol give me a bell next time I'll come down and film the 197's dump valve as you spray water all over him :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Duh.. there was no water in it.

Head gasket probably half way down the exhaust already !

Head gaskets on its way out I bet and I do love the K-series. If you lose coolant - turn it off, dont belt it by racing it. Especially on the damp liner 1.8s. I highly doubt the 197 was trying either

MG ZR 160
Head gaskets fine, had the car for 4 years and still aint skipped a beat. Lat owner had the HG done in 2007. Dont understand why everyone jus slags cars off, you guys even **** your own fellow clio owners for trying to be DIFFERENT. Whats the world coming to....

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Head gaskets fine, had the car for 4 years and still aint skipped a beat. Lat owner had the HG done in 2007. Dont understand why everyone jus slags cars off, you guys even **** your own fellow clio owners for trying to be DIFFERENT. Whats the world coming to....

You came on here slagging off the slow turbo'd 197. :rolleyes:

MG ZR 160
I didnt "****" off the 197 and i was told they were turbo'd. Next the clio sport is meant to be turbo'd, right? I said the driver looked a bit shocked when we were neck and neck and thought he would blow me away. I didnt say the car was s**t in anyway or form. I do like the 197's and i have nothing against them. Im sure there are loads of threads like this where Someone has done a quickie off the lights with other cars, yet noobs like me get slated.

This evening I was driving to my folks house just crossing a couple of roundabouts when a rover mg zr thing came shooting out in front of me, obviously on a bit of a spirited drive.

The car looked a shed, different coloured panels and all sorts so I thought I'd follow him to the next roundabout and surprise him with the rallye. We both entered the roundabout turning right and the road becomes a straight dual carriageway and he booted it so I put my toe done expecting to breeze past. To my surprise the rover maintained the gap all the way up to the speed limit ish when I eased off as it was getting a little silly. I gave the guy a little flash and he hit me with the hazards.

Just a reminder for me never to judge a book by it's cover I guess. I hope the rover wasn't standard or I may as well shoot myself in the head now.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?598142-Got-a-little-bit-owned-tonight

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Standard MG ZR 160 wont get anywhere near a standard 197 if both are being driven as hard as each other.

So either you mistook a lower model for a 197, or the guy wasnt trying, or there was some major fault with his car.