ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Upgrade Today.

Mercedes SLK350
For the past 2/3 weeks I have had very spongy brakes. I bled the system with no inprovement.

So, today I have fitted Goodridge Hoses (thanks RiceRocketUk) EBC Greenstuff pads and Brembo High Carbon discs, aswell as new brake fluid again.

All I can say is wow. What an improvement. After just 5 miles, my brakes are better than they have ever been.

I must say a big thankyou to Mark5290 (my Brother) for his help today.

80MPG BEEZA
should have gone for the brembo max brake discs and ferodo pads its like smashing your head against the windscreen!

Mercedes SLK350
The change of brake fluid is responsible for most of you "upgrade".

I changed the brake fluid 2 weeks ago with no improvement. I was still on original discs and pads at 9700 miles.

My original hoses "felt" like they were expanding under braking.

Clown Car
should have gone for the brembo max brake discs and ferodo pads its like smashing your head against the windscreen!
That sounds like a good combination of pad/disc, Big Lee and myself searched the forum and read many posts regarding disc/pad combinations, the opinion was that the greenstuff pads and brembo HC discs were a good upgrade from the standard Renault items, also Big Lee got a pretty good deal on the pads and discs and was able to collect them locally.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I've just gone for the EBC Green/Brembo HC setup, just without the hoses and it feels much better.
I haven't really given them a hard test drive yet but that will come soon!