ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've got one more "refinement stage" over winter then that will be it for me also.

Chassis wise mines set up for swift road use, I'm on some new B14s at the moment with whiteline bar and the 295mm Wilwood kit. I'm tempted with the AP caliper set up but it seems excessive when what I have works so well.

I've still got my Sachs but refurb prices are getting quite silly at the moment so I'm holding of getting them done.
Mine will consist of spring rate changes, 4 pot brembo upgrade and adjustments/enhancements to the roll centre kit.

Have you seen the post about BG now doing the Sachs on the hurry up? Motorsport season has ended so they're obviously drumming up business.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nice work Mark, wiring looks top notch.

Do you know if the Valeo coils fit a Megane R26?
Cheers Tim!
Yeah the green top Valeo coils will work with the R26 mate. The Beru ones are good quality as well. I paid £60 delivered for my green tops, so I'll be buying another 4 as spares for just in case. The last thing I want is one to go down when I'm over in Germany!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Tim!
Yeah the green top Valeo coils will work with the R26 mate. The Beru ones are good quality as well. I paid £60 delivered for my green tops, so I'll be buying another 4 as spares for just in case. The last thing I want is one to go down when I'm over in Germany!

Where did you purchase them from? It cost £45 each last time I bought new coils from Renault Wolverhampton!

340i
How much do they sell them for mate? The place in the eBay link I posted sells them singularly for £20 and the full set for £60

I've just checked and they aren't listed now, annoyingly... I bought them when they had a "20% off XYZ" offer.

But £60 for the set is a good price! I can't imagine mine where much less.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nothing to update I'm afraid, but I have been in the garage! The time spent in there has been used doing some odds and sods, but nothing cup related.
Here's a couple of pics for you!
image.jpeg
Yes that crownwheel is funking huge! The casings had to be modified to allow the diff to turn! Lol!
image.jpeg
A bit of gripper diff, crownwheel and pinion action. I'm building this up for a member on here. He shall remain nameless unless he chooses to speak up. :wink:

More to come. :up:

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Never imagined the crown wheel would be that big,
if anyone sees a 182 around leeds doing 30 mph everywhere, I'm not being a tit I'll just be giving my ear drums a rest.
Awesome work Mark:up:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
never imagined the crown wheel would be that big,
if anyone sees a 182 around leeds doing 30 mph everywhere, I'm not being a tit I'll just be giving my ear drums a rest.
I know mate! It only became clear just how big the crownwheel is when I fitted it, or at least attempted to!! Lol! Die grinder to the rescue to relieve the casing.
Lol @30mph!! You'll be on the limiter at 30! In 5th!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
It's a good excuse to build something with a 9k rev limit i reckon
may as well get rid of first out of there it'll be like a crawler gear

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
less than i thought actually,
in reality I need around 240hp to beat the class record i reckon, it'll be interesting to see what yours makes

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
sounds doable,
feel free to use your new super power to delete any of the nattering above messing up the thread if you want mate

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Bit off topic really but in terms of 4 cylinder n/a engines what are easiest to get big power from? Some of the late 80s early nighties homologation specials?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Bit off topic really but in terms of 4 cylinder n/a engines what are easiest to get big power from? Some of the late 80s early nighties homologation specials?
You can get power out of any n/a 4 pot tbh. You've just got to have deep pockets! Lol! The e30 m3 4 pot was very responsive to n/a tuning, with 300bhp+ achieved, but the rebuild intervals at this level of hp are quite frankly, horrendous.
Unfortunately there is a lot of 'pub talk' hp figures out there as well in terms of n/a power.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
The E30 m3 engine did spring to mind especially in the 2.5dtm form but they must of spent huge amount developing it