ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Big congrats! Ag is awseome nice work. Glad to see us more seasoned members are keeping it hot hatch rather than going for the bmw soft option.
Can you get a pram in a 200?
Cheers mate! Yeah it's an awesome colour! I think so yes, but I've not checked tbh. Lol! I'll have a go tomorrow and see if it'll go in. Will report my findings. It's go my isofix though which is a positive.

Congratulations on both new arrivals Mark! :up:
Cheers buddy! I love them both! One more than the other - obviously! 😂

Mk Clio 1.8 16v
Congratulations mate on the bambino & the clio AG is awesome!!

No better reason to keep 4 wheels either. Bet you're super proud, especially of the child ha.

richard1764

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, R33 GTR, UT
Congratulations all round mate. I guess after the theme on the Cup it had to be AG. Can't imagine it will be long before you are tinkering.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Forget the car that is great news :smile:

Car is okay I guess.
Thanks mate! It's safe to say, I am a very proud dad.

Congratulations mate on the bambino & the clio AG is awesome!!

No better reason to keep 4 wheels either. Bet you're super proud, especially of the child ha.
Cheers mate, they're both awesome! And yes, I am a very proud dad of my little girl!
After a long chat with the wife, I just couldn't put her in a position where she was going to be worried every time I went out on the bike. Add to that the new addition to the family and I just couldn't do it. This then left me in a real quandary of what to do next, and I found myself thinking back to when I had my ac equipped cup. All it had was kw's and an exhaust, but it was such a laugh! That's when the penny dropped and I decided that it had to be an AG 200. The rest is now history! Lol!

Great updated buddy!

Very happy for you Mark :smiley:
Cheers mate. :up:

Congratulations all round mate. I guess after the theme on the Cup it had to be AG. Can't imagine it will be long before you are tinkering.
Thank you mate. :smiley: Haha!! Well all it will get for now is an akrapovic exhaust. After that, maybe an R3 access inlet cam and timing to suit, but nothing as outrageous as the cup was. I have a megane 225 exhaust manifold though, and originally I was looking to buy a 200 to carry out the conversion. However, the rarity of these cars means it may well be worth leaving it alone!

Either way, it's an absolute hoot to drive! The grip is almost endless, even on damp slippery road surfaces! The conti 5's definitely work well with the chassis. :cool:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Really nice looking cars, more grown up etc. Good choice
Yeah they feel like a completely different car compared to the 1*2's that's for sure.

Mondial blue wheels soon?!

Congrats on the wee one, they definitely change your perspective on things
Flol! No mate, I like the car just the way it is!

Thanks, yeah she's certainly changed my perspective on things without doubt.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Congratulations to yourself and your missus, great news and it certainly is a real +ve life changer that's for sure.

I had the same conversion with my missus about bikes when my littl'uns came and it to ended in the same outcome, although you've managed to bag yourself a much more exciting motor to put the baby seat in the back of. All the best and enjoy your two new projects :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Congratulations to yourself and your missus, great news and it certainly is a real +ve life changer that's for sure.

I had the same conversion with my missus about bikes when my littl'uns came and it to ended in the same outcome, although you've managed to bag yourself a much more exciting motor to put the baby seat in the back of. All the best and enjoy your two new projects :smile:
Cheers mate!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It really is a lovely car, very clean and can't wait for a spin it it @NorthloopCup

Certainly puts things into perspective, this will be so much more fun then the cup was it's more usable and I'd much rather have that then tenths of a second on a trackday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol! I'm still chuckling at what you said when we turned into the road and saw the car - 'yeah we're taking that back home'. 😂

You're more than welcome to take it for a spin as well mate. :cool:

Megane r26
Lol! I'm still chuckling at what you said when we turned into the road and saw the car - 'yeah we're taking that back home'. 😂

You're more than welcome to take it for a spin as well mate. :cool:

Haha it's my recent approach on life mate, were a long time dead we all work hard so let's enjoy ourselves

It hadn't took it home I would of lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. I can definitely vouch for the 200 platform. Mines on h&r springs, and my god does it go round corners well! It's another level up from the 1*2 that's for sure.

Yeah mate, this is my reasoning... it's just a far superior chassis in my eyes, the 182 is pretty amazing but defo has its 'quirks' nice to have a fresh canvass to play with I'd imagine?

I have my eye on a guys 200 who bought it from my place new on a 5year deal and he basically had been waiting to give it back from around a year into it because of funds etc, always told him I'd take it off his hands. It's basically new still.. even has the film on the door card from delivery! [emoji51][emoji51]

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Great purchase. Can only echo what you say about the mk3 platform being a huge step up from the mk2. Superior in every single way.

The only thing I think that was lost is character. The mk2 felt very much like a small car that someone had shoe horned a big engine in for a giggle whereas the mk3 feels more like it's meant to have that engine there.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah mate, this is my reasoning... it's just a far superior chassis in my eyes, the 182 is pretty amazing but defo has its 'quirks' nice to have a fresh canvass to play with I'd imagine?

I have my eye on a guys 200 who bought it from my place new on a 5year deal and he basically had been waiting to give it back from around a year into it because of funds etc, always told him I'd take it off his hands. It's basically new still.. even has the film on the door card from delivery! [emoji51][emoji51]
I'll just be adding stuff for reliability mate for now. Gonna swap the box oil out for redline mtl, engine oil for the same stuff that was in the cup and make an air duct to blow cool air on to the gearbox. I was going to get a set of Michelin pilot sort cup 2 tyres, but the way it grips on the conti 5's has made me question that - it's that good!!

Sounds like you've already made your mind up that's what you want then mate!!

I'll upload a few more pics of mine that were sent to me. Just to show how clean it is, and that's all credit to its former keeper @mossyv6

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Great purchase. Can only echo what you say about the mk3 platform being a huge step up from the mk2. Superior in every single way.

The only thing I think that was lost is character. The mk2 felt very much like a small car that someone had shoe horned a big engine in for a giggle whereas the mk3 feels more like it's meant to have that engine there.
Yeah I was very aware of how wide it felt on the way home! Those flared rear arches stand out in the mirrors!

Yeah I get what you're saying mate, but I'm looking forward to getting under the skin of the AG to see what it's really capable of. A sub 8:30 lap of the ring is definitely on the cards and that's without any messing or power hikes.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I'll just be adding stuff for reliability mate for now. Gonna swap the box oil out for redline mtl, engine oil for the same stuff that was in the cup and make an air duct to blow cool air on to the gearbox. I was going to get a set of Michelin pilot sort cup 2 tyres, but the way it grips on the conti 5's has made me question that - it's that good!!

Sounds like you've already made your mind up that's what you want then mate!!

I'll upload a few more pics of mine that were sent to me. Just to show how clean it is, and that's all credit to its former keeper @mossyv6

Awesome! My bottom lip quivers just mentioning selling mine though so don't know what I'll do!!!

Sounds like a good plan RE: the box. Also LSD??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I thought Mossy only bought clios! Having met him and seen his, sorry your, alien and his trophy I can genuinely say I wish I could keep my cars as mint. Great buy.

richard1764

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, R33 GTR, UT
Yeah I was very aware of how wide it felt on the way home! Those flared rear arches stand out in the mirrors!

Yeah I get what you're saying mate, but I'm looking forward to getting under the skin of the AG to see what it's really capable of. A sub 8:30 lap of the ring is definitely on the cards and that's without any messing or power hikes.
Lol, I was never convinced by your "I'm done with the 'Ring" speech! Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I thought Mossy only bought clios! Having met him and seen his, sorry your, alien and his trophy I can genuinely say I wish I could keep my cars as mint. Great buy.
Lol! He definitely keeps them mint that's for sure mate. I have the proof of that sat at home!

Lol, I was never convinced by your "I'm done with the 'Ring" speech! Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Well I've still got the wife to convince yet, and with junior only 3 weeks old, I ain't man enough to cross that bridge yet! Lol