ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bury Pub Meet? 3/5/12

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hi guys, its been a while since the bury/bolton members got together at the pub so who's up for some food/banter at the papermill again? Its easy to find for people who haven't come before and the foods good and cheap pub grub...

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub-food/paper-mill-bury-roach-bank-road/pid-M6887

I'm thinking of meeting up at say 7.30-8 on a thursday night? 03/05/12 is the next thursday I'm free. Darren I hope you'll come along I want to see the Evo ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm up for this - though the Evo might not be!

It's in the garage at the minute having half of the jobs-to-do list done on it. My ETA for completion amounted to "sometime next week" - though to be fair I did tell them it was a 2nd car and not my daily runner.

D.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Tell them to pull their finger out and get it done, my GT4's having a load of work done this week, after all that I just need to crack on with a hammer and a rattle can and it should be good as new :)

ps, we dont have to actually get food...a beer and some banter is good enough for me lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Swinging Bridge at Trafford Parks a decent pub for a meet, but I'm easy either way whichever people are happy to go to.

Rhys is very upset atm, it costs him £50 to go to trafford and back so he wants us to go to bury so he's not the only one using fuel!

I joke, I'm game either way.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Rhys is very upset atm, it costs him £50 to go to trafford and back so he wants us to go to bury so he's not the only one using fuel!

I joke, I'm game either way.

Bury is SOOOO much closer for me. Trafford costs me a fortune whenever I come out. It's costing me £125 for the priviledge of coming out last Friday! And think how much driving we didn't do, still used over a quarter of a tank.

Ballin'

Bury is SOOOO much closer for me. Trafford costs me a fortune whenever I come out. It's costing me £125 for the priviledge of coming out last Friday! And think how much driving we didn't do, still used over a quarter of a tank.

Ballin'

£125 on a quarter of a tank? Or were you referring to your rubber? In which case, I have no sympathy!

:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bury sounds good to me. Highest poster on CS so you can't argue, right? FML.

Although TBH, Doncaster would be fine with me too, since I'll probably be nipping to Stirling for a loaf of bread in those first few weeks.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've already allocated that money. lol.

I'm easy, Bury or Trafford is fine with me.

Rhys, if you wanna leave the ZS I could pick you up if you want? Just let me know.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure who's MPG would be worse :p

Cheers for the offer dear, love how you're just willing to drive EVERYWHERE in the 200 ;). The car should be fine. Leakdown test in the next week, this is where I keep my fingers firmly crossed.

I think I've put off getting proper diagnostics done on the car for fear of it being bad news.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I know what you mean. At least the leakdown will give you a definite answer. Then you can plan around it.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
errr, I have the oldest original name so I still get the win over Christopher ;) It'll be good to see the 200 before you add Miltek and speedlines haha.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I think so far we have:

1) Rhys
2) Neil
3) Chris
4) Darren S
5) Jesus
6) Jon.G
7) Jonff (?)
8) TheKid

Last edited: