ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye Clio...

Honda & VW
Well after pretty much a year of ownership I decided to let my Clio go to its new home, luckily its still staying on the site and will hopefully be well looked after.

I got the impression the new owner was rather happy with it going by the text I got following the sale/drive home – I just hope the new owner learns how to control the clutch lol

Now the hunt for my replacement continues, thinking S3, S2k or Megane 225

Megane 225 F1
He told me he as already stalled it a few times lol. Only saw this car in the flesh once and I loved it.

UR R26
Don't know what your talking about! Really happy with it :). I did have problems yesterday, i stalled twice turning round :dapprove:.

Silver 182
For me ph1 just looks no real different than the normal models apart from different skirts and bumpers :S I thought the good idea of ph2 was that people know by the twin exhaust that only appear on on ph2 and v6 that is a sport clio not some halfords with 70bhp

But good luck to both of you!

225 in blue with black alloys looks sweet btw!

Honda & VW
yes you're right the Ph1 172 looks just like the 1.2's etc :rolleyes:
is this a 172 or not i can't tell?

images

Silver 182
yes you're right the Ph1 172 looks just like the 1.2's etc :rolleyes:
is this a 172 or not i can't tell?

images

You must be the funny guy ai?

here.. put your glasses on and tell me if you were an average person.. that didn't take much interest in cars and even less interest in renaults.. would you tell the difference from this 16v 1.2 campus sport ( actually not 1.2 but rather 1149cc :D...good buy btw.. up for £3900, done 43k miles, 2006)

clio 1.4 sport 2.jpgclio 1.4 sport 1.jpg

http://www.quality-used-cars.co.uk/car-12073451

Silver 182
Guys question is not whether could i tell the difference or not. I assure you i can tell the difference mile away.

Question is whether a guy that say been driving merc or audis all his life.. no clue about anything else.. what would be his first thought if he sees a slightly modded 1.2 like that above driving infront of him? And then a silver 172 half hour later with a badge Sport at the back that you could buy for 8 quid from Mensworld?

I am not dissing anything here.. just having a discussion :)

53 Clio's & counting
Mate, they are talking about the ph1 172, you have posted pics of a ph2.

IMO the ph1's are easily spotted as a sport, where the ph2's 172's are hard to see if they are actually 172's

Silver 182
Thats true too

Anyway i will stop on that.

Glad you guys both happy. Good luck

Mate, they are talking about the ph1 172, you have posted pics of a ph2.

IMO the ph1's are easily spotted as a sport, where the ph2's 172's are hard to see if they are actually 172's

yes you right

Being an idiot about the ph1/ph2 and 172/182 sorry :)

53 Clio's & counting
lol your not mate, easy mistake to make.

To be honest its pretty rare i see any 1*2 on the road these days, Ph1's very rare, god knows where they have all gone

UR R26
lol your not mate, easy mistake to make.

To be honest its pretty rare i see any 1*2 on the road these days, Ph1's very rare, god knows where they have all gone

i agree, i saw my first ph1 172 around Bristol yesterday, even then it was heading toward the Clevedon and got on the M5. But in and around Bristol, there is only a handful i see, never anybody off here though.

Silver 182
i agree, i saw my first ph1 172 around Bristol yesterday, even then it was heading toward the Clevedon and got on the M5. But in and around Bristol, there is only a handful i see, never anybody off here though.

I never seen a ph1 172! Hence the confusion.. Seen enough v6 ph1s. Around southeast essex seen more 172s than 182s but all ph2.

Does the clutch feel alot heavier than if you stalled it twice?

I know in general 1*2 clutch is alot heavier than say on a lotus or subaru or a merc. I thought my old 1.4 was s**t so clutch needed getting used to.. guess its a renault thing.

UR R26
I never seen a ph1 172! Hence the confusion.. Seen enough v6 ph1s. Around southeast essex seen more 172s than 182s but all ph2.

Does the clutch feel alot heavier than if you stalled it twice?

I know in general 1*2 clutch is alot heavier than say on a lotus or subaru or a merc. I thought my old 1.4 was s**t so clutch needed getting used to.. guess its a renault thing.

It feels heavier to me, but then im not the biggest chap. Its the throttle mainly as its cable not electronic.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The cable throttle does take some getting used to! LOL!

I'd also consider greasing up your TB/throttle cable if it feels a bit "notchy"

Once I greased mine with silicone spray it felt much better :)

182 Trophy
when the campus came out, the front of that looks exactly like a ph2 172. the fog surrounds and lower grill are the same and from a distance i can't tell the difference tbh

UR R26
The cable throttle does take some getting used to! LOL!

I'd also consider greasing up your TB/throttle cable if it feels a bit "notchy"

Once I greased mine with silicone spray it felt much better :)

It doesn't feel that bad now, just need to remember to stick my foot down a bit more when pulling away lol.

sorted your wheels out now??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No :-(

I've sorted almost everything else though, just got to find someone willing to have a crack at matching my set... not too bad really :)

Welcome to the ph1 club mate :D

Ph 1 172
Phase 1 172 have a much more aggressive stance and look from the front and side but the arse is a bit soft lol, any plans for the phase 1?

UR R26
Phase 1 172 have a much more aggressive stance and look from the front and side but the arse is a bit soft lol, any plans for the phase 1?

Its had a fair bit done to it, with what im loving it how it is. The only thing im considering at the minute would be a ph2 rear bumper.