ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt Con/Rip off tactics (If you fancy a laugh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  FF Clio 182
Re: Cambelt Con/Rip off tactics.

WHO?
Name and location for the guy please.

Maintained in what way? There is NO maintenance to do on the cambelt over than replacement every 72k / 5 years.

What grade of oil does this utter moron recomend you smear on your cambelt reguarly then?

I think that was in the service manual. Smother cambelt with oil for extra lubrication, means its spins smoother giving you extra BHP. How do you not know this!!!

He has said something about Olympian group earlier in the thread. Then I found this:

The Service Manager, Mr Darren Flowers (Olympian, New Milton):

"Im afraid the problem with the engine mounts is related to the uprated tyres you have fitted producing too much torque, the mounts cant cope. This means they wont be replaced under warranty."

Me:

"Oh rite, since when did TOYO T1-S tyres produce extra torque?"

Darren:

"Well in the case they are, so you have to pay for the 2 mounts we've fitted"

Me:

"You were supposed to change all 3 mounts under warranty"

:approve:

FUbAr lives in Dorset. So chances are this is the same guy.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I think that was in the service manual. Smother cambelt with oil for extra lubrication, means its spins smoother giving you extra BHP. How do you not know this!!!

Ford engines run the belt through the oil. Maybe Renault are trying to copy?

FF Clio 182

Had 2 new pages since I started reading this thread. I just have to say, well done. I honestly didn't think people were that gullible.

I don't think people are gullible, this whole thread is just taking the piss out of somebodies stupidity :)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

Do what You feel best with if you look back through this thread You will see I have shared some views from myself and a Renault service and sales manager. I would never let a clio go past 70k on a cambelt mate.

I've probably missed something, but......

Didn't you say earlier on your mate was regional manager? Was he demoted overnight?
Also, we've gone from 75k change, to a 72k change, to a 70k change?

Nice to see you can keep your story inline.

Fiesta ST2 MP215

Free next Saturday?!

Here we go guys, how about a challenge?

Anyone who is in need of a transplant we have a pro who can do the whole job in 2hrs or less. So if anyone needs this doing PM the guy pay him £100 for the job ( 2hrs labor ) and we can check this validity out.

If he does I will cover it, must be filmed in real time, I'd love to see it done.

Fiesta ST2 MP215

I've probably missed something, but......

Didn't you say earlier on your mate was regional manager? Was he demoted overnight?
Also, we've gone from 75k change, to a 72k change, to a 70k change?

Nice to see you can keep your story inline.

Think he was after reassurance that it would be fine for a bit whilst he saves up the benefit payments to cover the job.

clio 182 black /gold

Well this thread sure has cheered me up. I had my alternator belt changed at 3 years or 36K as per the book. When i had my cam belt done at 4 years 11 months the alternator belt had started to perish.
After reading this thread i was wondering if i could claimed under warrenty for a new belt. As the car had not reached the recommended mileage.
LOL.

Suzuki Jimny

I had a belt snap on my megane that had done 50k. Probably because it missed an oil change.

172 Cup

Wish id had a complete new engine in my Cup when the belt was due seeing as it only costs a bit more lol.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Anyone who is in need of a transplant we have a pro who can do the whole job in 2hrs or less. So if anyone needs this doing PM the guy pay him £100 for the job ( 2hrs labor ) and we can check this validity out.

If he does I will cover it, must be filmed in real time, I'd love to see it done.

​Not seen Budgie at work before then ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Wish id had a complete new engine in my Cup when the belt was due seeing as it only costs a bit more lol.

People are talking about fitting some random snotty old secondhand engine not a new one when they say the costs are comparable.

Which is just retarded as the "new" engine in this sense could have more faults than the last one, just cause its been swapped from one car to another doesnt make it now a new engine,

^^^FLOL get your money out....

​Not seen Budgie at work before then ;)

This..... !!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Also if swapping in a secondhand engine, you need to be putting a belt on that too, or that one might go a few K miles later.

The whole "let it snap then replace the engine" idea is a pretty retarded one IMHO, belt kit is 100 quid, if you find the engine very easy to remove and refit then feel free to do that to help you change the belt on your existing engine as its easier out of the car anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

[video=youtube_share;te48ucoEvFI]http://youtu.be/te48ucoEvFI[/video]

Handy if you want to change an engine on a car specifically modified to be easy to change the engine on (welded diff, one driveshaft, no coolant etc) but totally irrelevant if you want to change an engine on a car you are actually going to do things like drive to the shops etc.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Just read through this whole thread. So funny!!!!
My car is on 67k now and it's had 2 changes in its lifetime, one whilst ownes by previous owner and now me. I should've saved my money though.......

Noticed he's gone quiet now too

I thought the OP was a complete idiot when he started slavering pish in a recent bodywork thread, now I see from this thread he is in fact a troll/idiot hybrid.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

IF he is being a deliberate troll and made up the whole thing then TBH he should probably be banned from the forum IMHO, as lets face it this forum wouldnt be much use if it was full of deliberate misinformation.

I think admin should contact him to confirm the identity of the person he claims to have spoken to, and if he cant name then because its made up then ban him for deliberately giving out false information that could cost someone an engine if they are stupid enough to follow it, and if its not made up then the person in question should be named and shamed and hopefully renault can do something about it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

After reading his contributions to this forum I have come to the conclusion that he is a gullible moron.

​proof that a little knowledge can do more harm than good

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane

My 1.2 16v is 10 years old and never had a belt change, on 55k just now.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

I like how angry this thread has made Chip,
​I think he may actually punch the internet in the face if the OP comes back online. lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I like how angry this thread has made Chip,
​I think he may actually punch the internet in the face if the OP comes back online. lol

Im not angry at all mate, I am just very OCD about plodding machine-like through and calmly correcting all the mistakes because I want the site to be accurate.

Shows how easy it is to misread something in terms of emotion.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

I doubt active members would believe a word of what he said anyway,
you just have to type 'cam belt snapped' in the search bar to see how wrong the OP is.

It's his inability to believe anyone's opinion other than his sales manager mate that gets me,
as if hundreds of members and mechanics are wrong about their engines f*cking up.

A mate of mine had a manager come and ask why his 182 cup was missing a spare wheel,
he asked for his keys back and went to a proper garage.

​I learnt everything I needed to know about Renaults knowledge of cars that day.

172 Cup

Terrible to think that someone might see this thread and believe it though.
@Rob, are you being sarcastic? Am I going to die?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Ok...

dangercambelt_zps146d9a50.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Comedy gold. Budgie has probably done more engine swaps of F4r's than your total post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.