ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing xenons in a 182...??

glanza
hey peeps just wondering if its possible to change the xenons in a 182, might be getting a 182 soon and ive got an 8k hid kit which i like very much and would rather this than the stock 182 one.

not had a change to look a these headlights so not sure the accessibility etc to the rear of the light.

cheers K

glanza
just cos i remember from my 172 that they were a self contained unit, wheras my hid kit obv has external balasts etc. jus wondered if the back of the light comes off and i can just fire my hid bulbs straight in

glanza
the 'real deal' xenons are crap.
the hid kit ive got is amazing.
where do you get these bulbs from and what kinda money we talking?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just buy uprated 8000k bulbs for the 182. I'm running 8000k's in mine...

282fca17.jpg

Bumper off, clip in, clip out. An hours work, tops. Don't try doing it with the bumper still on, you'll damage something.

DMS

A thirsty 172
As above. Taking the bumper off allows you to do other stuff while you're there, such as replacing broken fog lights, fixing your leaking headlight washers or in my case, clearing dead wildlife out of your intercooler.
I can pretty much guarantee you'll break something if you don't take the bumper off and remove the headlight units to change the bulbs.

Clio 182 arctic
Just buy uprated 8000k bulbs for the 182. I'm running 8000k's in mine...

282fca17.jpg

Bumper off, clip in, clip out. An hours work, tops. Don't try doing it with the bumper still on, you'll damage something.
you got any pictures when its full dark matey, wud like to see the difference between those and standard bulbs.