ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (172 kit plus smoothing)

I've probs got too wait till next month to get the roof panel.

How bout a carbon roof? Think it would look sick, but would be quite subtle cos of the colour your going for :cool:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

i thourght about it but its quite expensive. i might see what bic can do thou ;)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Yeah man i can imagine they cost a fair bit more than a normal roof.

iirc when I spoke to Bic about them its not the roof thats expensive really as the shapes simple, its just fitting the buggers.

alien green rs133

this is gonna look awesome.

the only bit that has failed to grow on me is the front lights sorry dude

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR

Really looking forward to see this, it really is a great achievement mate :thup:

Especially interested as I'm looking to do similar to a 5 door, although in a much larger time frame :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

tiny update...
DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Just a quick pic of the smoothed cup spoiler. Unfortuntley with the weather being poo i havnt had a chance to fit it yet :(

yer im going to get dual optics once ive got the main bodywork out of the way. cheers for the comments again! :D

white leon cupra R

great read mate hope it all ends up perfect just how you want it
you keeping the the standard mirrors?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers mate, yes im keeping the standard mirrors!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

probarly going to have to wait till after crimbo atm due to funds but ive fitted my cup spoiler and its made a differnce :D pics to follow

Im getting on friday some 165/50/15 bridgestone potenza's for my 7j ronals as mine on the front are pretty low and im having the tracking done as ive not had it done since ive lowered it.

after ive paid my bill off on the 21st of december, they will be doing the following.... fitting the front bumper, wings, side skirts on. rear bumper smoothed ready to go on for january once i have had the exhaust made up. in january i shall be getting a roof panel and the fuel filler mods. just got to wait now but its starting to look like a rat look car lol.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

good news update :approve:

The car is going into the bodyshop for defo on monday to have the front bumper/wings and skirts fitted. I have also been speaking to josh at cliospares who has been very helpfull and has got me a non sunroof roof panel and is delivering it sometime next week and a phase 2 sport dash setup with clocks. Illl source a steering wheel later down the line.

i shall update once the kits on asap. ;)

Im following this thread and admire the amount of work you are putting into it.

Can't wait to see some more process and it finished.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

i need a full time job

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

couple of pics to spur you on mate :)

Picture700.jpg

Picture701.jpg

Picture702.jpg

Picture703.jpg

Picture704.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

:D mini me lol, that is beaut! carnt wait to take her round in 10 mins. hopefully should get the roof for tuesday so ill get them to crack on with that later on in the week. pics will be up for tonight ;) it looks abit rat look atm with it half in primer :eek:

Adz

Work van

cant wait to see the pictures later :D

mx5

Not sure if this has been covered but after all the smoothing/respray etc I think the wheels really need to be swapped for something a bit more "special"
Front bumper looks mint, cant wait to see it done.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Not sure if this has been covered but after all the smoothing/respray etc I think the wheels really need to be swapped for something a bit more "special"
Front bumper looks mint, cant wait to see it done.

NO NO NO, they are in the top 10 greatest wheels ever, don't change them. (unless you wanna give them to me)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

lol keeping the wheels for now.
just been round the bodyshop and theve fitted the skirts and wings. they had to make custom brakets for the front bumper to fit and one corner of the bumper is warped. so there having to try and get a flush fit so fingers crossed they can do it :eek: pics will follow thou ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

right got the pics.... :D

it looks alot more meaner which is what i wanted and im going to need some spacers for sure. :eek:

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

now heres the problem they face tomorow to get the warped bit on the bumper to sit flush.
DSC00342.jpg

let me know what you think ;)

Monaco 53/468

like - but need to see it painted before I commit to "REALLY like"!

Lots of Alfas

The warped bumper is a common problem on 172mk1s, it just needs a bit of fettling with the bolts.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197

yep I have the same problem with my bumper :(

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

shortened no plate recess would be nice

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

No worries with the bumper man, it looks like they have done such a good job already im sure they will sort it out.

As for spacers, i think if you can get some camber on there aswell that would look sweet. Plus with the new wings etc... it looks like you could get it a little lower at the front? (might just be the pics tho?)

Clio 2001 1.2 8v

looking good, assuming you using door poppers what ones have you gone for? what power? also just out of interest where are you re locating the fuel cap?

alien green rs133

i reccomend 172 running gear (subframe, wishbones, struts, driveshafts and brakes)
+25mm spacers

and get your stance on :D

18189064a11921325130o.jpg

18189064a11921325281o.jpg

ohh and thats 7 degree's of camber :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers guys,
its going back in tomorow to have it sorted so fingers crossed they can get it a little better. its going to be spaced to the max on the front and maybe a little tiny camber lol. havent got round to doing the door poppers yet but im only going to get one for the drivers door. The filler cap is either going to be in the inner door pillar where the door latch is, or neatly tucker in the corner in the boot.
hopefully if the roof arrives tomorow or wensday ill get the bodyshop to get cracking with that. The dash thats coming is out of a 172 phase 2 cup and will be fitted at a later stage just after the respray.

(If somebody could do a good photoshop on the first picture i posted next to the tanker all one colour that would be great) ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Tbh if I was ever going to fit spacers to mine, which I never will, I'd only go for a maximum of 15mm, hutchies sit far to far out for my liking, but each to their own

alien green rs133

Tbh if I was ever going to fit spacers to mine, which I never will, I'd only go for a maximum of 15mm, hutchies sit far to far out for my liking, but each to their own

you limp wristed fairy :rasp:

go out till the scrub and then back in 1mm ;)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo

lookin forward to finished pics.
petrol cap in the inside door is a sik mod

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Stunning work chap! Looks awesome, you gonna get it delocked and the ariel smoothed?