ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clearing snow

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure of the best place to put this thread but I want detailers advice really.

What is the best way to clear inches worth of snow from the body work? I'm guessing any sort of pushing would inflict marring etc.
I would generally wait for it to melt of it's own accord but when there's a thick layer I prefer to shift it before setting off.

Any top tips? Or is it nothing to worry about?

garden_brush_lrg.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
where you looking to clear the snow from? And not sure if the above comments are serious, but you would look like an absolute bellend of the highest order if you used a hair dryer flol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
where you looking to clear the snow from? And not sure if the above comments are serious, but you would look like an absolute bellend of the highest order if you used a hair dryer flol
I mainly meant roof and bonnet. Anywhere that's already covered in swirls really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bonnet dont worry about it. The snow on the roof just accelerate really quick and it will just fly off. Or get a rubber scrapper like one i use after i wash the car to get most of the water off before drying it. Dont use water unless you like ice skating

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Would look as metal putting a car cover on before walking into the office than I would using a hair dryer to melt the snow from my car.

true haha but i didnt see in your original post saying about your car at work, i presumed you meant it was on your drive/home :eek:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Phew thank christ for that. it tickled me though, i can just imagine you standing there with the hairdryer plugged in. Classic youtube moment lol. Oh and maybe not that scraper but im sure they will something that suits

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I used my arms for the roof & hands for the rest. Then the broom to sweep it all aside :)

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Well according to an old guy I drove pasy who lives on my road, a metal plasterers spatula thingy is best. Could always heat it up before had as well. Sorted.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i saw some bint at the petrol station using a metal rake to clear the snow off her roof. what a clown!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
chap at work went out in the van today (first time it has been used since Friday) he got the shovel on it lol it is a crappy old LDV though,
I keep meaning to use my old drying blade but alway forget and end up using my arm and hands leaving about 10mm of snow so I am not dragging the snow across the paint