ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Starter..

1.2 16v
Springs or coilovers first then!
where do i get the sport xeons Nussy? and paint my orginals white/anthracite?

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Hey man thanks for your interest in my thread, it's a shame I havnt got any pics from when I first got it because it has changed so much. Can't wait till the coilovers go on on Saturday. A few answers to your questions then. Painting diamonds is easy, you need to sand up the chrome on the badges so the paint will stick, use 320 grit and then some 400 grit primer them and then top coat in your desired colour. Let it dry and clear coat lacquer it. There is a guide on the forum for painting so check it out. The front diamond unclips pops off easy and the rear is more difficult, again there's a guide on here but basically you have to unclip the inside of the boot lining and unbolt it and remove the rear boot lock cover as a whole.diamond then unclips from that.

The calipers I used a wire brush to remove light rust and a small brush to hand paint with hammerite whilst still on the car, rs or 182 grill from Renault dealer £60 roughly. Think that's it. glad you like it

1.2 16v
Hey man thanks for your interest in my thread, it's a shame I havnt got any pics from when I first got it because it has changed so much. Can't wait till the coilovers go on on Saturday. A few answers to your questions then. Painting diamonds is easy, you need to sand up the chrome on the badges so the paint will stick, use 320 grit and then some 400 grit primer them and then top coat in your desired colour. Let it dry and clear coat lacquer it. There is a guide on the forum for painting so check it out. The front diamond unclips pops off easy and the rear is more difficult, again there's a guide on here but basically you have to unclip the inside of the boot lining and unbolt it and remove the rear boot lock cover as a whole.diamond then unclips from that.

The calipers I used a wire brush to remove light rust and a small brush to hand paint with hammerite whilst still on the car, rs or 182 grill from Renault dealer £60 roughly. Think that's it. glad you like it

excellent man cheers.