ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 brake effort values

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Looking to find out what values people have typically seen in the MOT brake test for a 172 cup?

Preferably in KGF although I can convert to KN if need be.

dan's cast offs.
cup should be pretty much the same or near as damn it to a non cup. what did it pull on the rollers?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
hydraulic handbrake?

Nope standard handbrake. Do you have typical values or a print out of a clio so I can compare?

Literally every part of the braking system is new. So I need ballpark figures to work from

dan's cast offs.
nothing at home but that figure isn't bad, i wouldn't worry about it. what's causing you concern? just the figure or how it actually brakes when you're driving it?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
a bit of both. Figures are lower than I would have expected, also under braking it pulls left although when I stuck it on the brake tester there was an imbalance across the front which I am in the process of resolving.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@bloke the brakes are plumbed in as per this diagram
Clio 172 cup brake lines.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@JamesBryan helpful yes as it tells me that they read lower than a 182. What do your fronts do?

Also interested as to what values a cup typically produces.