ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Coolant

Clio 182 - RB
Hi all,

Cars due for a service, so will be making a move on it this weekend.

However, last year within the month of doing my coolant it turned a horrible orange/rusty colour instead of staying green, I also bought a new coolant bottle at the time.

Am i doing something wrong? As this time round i want it to stay green! Look all pretty and nice [emoji4]

Photo attached is robbed off a forum member off here, don't know who though. I want my coolant to look like this! Yes, i did buy the Renault Type D coolant.

62daf09f73043eaa330b4617e4f2d3cd.jpg

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Mine has done the same, the bottom half of the tank is a different colour - took more than a month to change though mind. From what I understand it should change colour over time as it can be used as an indicator of when the coolant is ready for a change (only what I have been told in the past though, not gospel). Its never going to stay clean/bright green with it going through heat cycles and the steel engine block.

BG Clio 182
I'm thinking it's more to do with all the s**t in the radiator and everywhere else. I think you'd be better doing a few full flushes through to get rid of all the crap first

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
It needs flushing. It took 3 fills and empties last time I did it. Basically fill and drain until the water comes out clean, then fill it with the correct coolant.

You could flush it through with a hosepipe but I'm not convinced that would get it all.

Clio 182 - RB
It needs flushing. It took 3 fills and empties last time I did it. Basically fill and drain until the water comes out clean, then fill it with the correct coolant.

You could flush it through with a hosepipe but I'm not convinced that would get it all.
Flush it through with water? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needing to flush mine, what's the process? Undo lowest radiator hose and let it all drain out, hosepipe through top radiator hose inlet to flush and refill? Is there a bleed screw on the radiator to get the air out once refilled?