ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup LS52 *** in Wigan

172 Exclusive

Parked next to my 172 Exclusive in wigan town centre a few days ago.

Very nice looking car, nice and clean :)

Honda S2000

That was me! I was quite jealous of your leather interior. Then I remembered how much it slows you down... only joking!! Very nice car.

Honda S2000

I would swap but the 0.1 second difference is too much for me, it would feel like snail pace!! haha

I think I saw you flying down the dual carriage way from the M6. Be careful down there! Sometimes there is a speed camera!

172 Exclusive

Yeah but weigh up the 0.1 second difference to the advantage of air con and leather seats ;) come summer when your hot and sweaty (ohh err) ill be ice cold.

Ohhh, low blow. That was below the belt. I felt that one, and it hurt. :(

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly_ - You werent driving towards Bolton from the centre of town at about 9am this morning were you? I passed a cup stopped with a red punto this morning driving out of Wigan - and Cups are proper rare around these parts so maybe it was you?

Honda S2000

Sorry Andy!! I think I mightve been caught speeding too. The guy with the gun was hid behind a bush!!

And Matt, I have no idea if it was me. I get around quite a bit (in the driving sense only!)

172 Exclusive

Gits arnt they.

You know im sure i saw you car again parked up near my house on friday, was parked next to a red MX5, was that you Kelly_?

Honda S2000

99% sure it was me but I dont know were you live! Me and the girl in the MX5 go lots of places together like the JJB gym and shopping. Her car is fitted with loads of HKS stuff and sounds awesome. I didnt see your car around so maybe you were out.

RS Megane DCi 175

The JJB is my gym too! Never seen a cup there and I go a good couple of times a week - Ive yet to be spotted and god knows how as it looks like theres a load of cliosporters in Wigan! :oops:

Honda S2000

I normally go between 4.30 and 7pm whatever day I can be bothered. I only ever see a couple of 182s about and they are always driven by women old enough to be my mum! Ill keep a look out for more clios!

172 Exclusive

I play soccer at the soccerdome on thursdays, think i may have seen you driving past about two weeks ago. You got an air filter on your car?, because if it was you then it was making a really nice sound.

Honda S2000

Ive got a Quikshift filter on it and it sounds really good when I put my foot down. Think im going to get an exhaust next so im going to look at the French Car show and see whats on offer. Are you going the show?

172 Exclusive

Could have been you then as it sounded great. :D

Dunno if im going the French Car Show, it sounds good but i dont know anyone whos going.

RS Megane DCi 175

[cheeky git]
Well if either of you guys are goin to FCS, I wouldnt mind catchin a lift!
[/cheeky git]

Id pay my bit towards petrol as well, Im not that cheeky!
:D

Honda S2000

I would give you a lift but I have a busy weekend because im going the modified nationals show the day before then going the fcs on the sunday. Plus I dont actually live in Wigan, I live near Warrington!

172 Exclusive

Id offer a lift but cant say for certain that im going yet.

Just done 5 weeks work including weekends and we have alot on with new projects recently.

What car do you drive MattT, dont think ive seen you aroung wigan?

Skoda Fabia vRS

im usually in Wigan every night too

quite a lot of members in the north west....

id say were probably the most active region in the club

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_M on 02 May 2005
What car do you drive MattT, dont think ive seen you aroung wigan?

Its a 1.2 (I know, I know :oops:).
Its not exactly standard - got 17s and lowered 60mm with CS sticker...its also not black like 95% of other dynamiques on the road!
I live near Standish and work in the town centre so Im always in and around town...still to be spotted!
Andy_M if you do decide to go and want some company just let me know mate ;) Id cover my share of the cost.

Brun - Is there a NW meet anytime soon? I think its about time I dragged myself to a meet!

172 Exclusive

Everyone has to start somewhere MattT, my first car was a 1.2 pug106.

Ive only seen Kelly_s car and a sliver mk1 172 at the wigan end of the M58 with cliosport stickers.

Come to think of it does you car have a cliosport sticker Kelly_, dont think ive seen it close up ?

Honda S2000

My first car was a Corsa 1.4 SRI and inbetween that and my Cup Ive had a cavalier GSI which was way too big and an Astra GTE. At one point I had to drive a rover metro thing for a week and yes I did put a bag over my head in shame!

I havent actually put a cliosport sticker on my car... keep meaning to. And there is a silver mk1 parked outside a shop near the gym. I also drove past a pink clio on the way to Haigh Hall!

172 Exclusive

Ive seen that silver clio, dont think it has a cliosport sticker though.

Get yours put on Kelly_ and fly the flag ;)

A pink clio lol, i know someone who would luv that. :D

RS Megane DCi 175

I like my 1.2 dont get me wrong, its the most I can afford whilst putting myself through a masters - I just dont want to create the wrong image of a typical modded 1.2 driver...its subtley modded to my liking but I dont pretend my 1.2 is something its not...i.e fast ;)
Quote: Originally posted by Kelly_ on 03 May 2005
And there is a silver mk1 parked outside a shop near the gym.

Wouldnt happen to be outside Farm foods would it?
Its lowered on very eurostyle rims?
If it is, then I know the guy, well as far as weve exchanged "nice clio" nods. ;) And no, hes not a CS member as far as Im aware.

Hope I run into some of you NW members sometime soon! (not literally!)
Heres what to look out for:
http://img186.echo.cx/img186/463/0010bj.jpg
;)

[Edited by MattT on 5/3/2005 9:14:38 PM]

Honda S2000

I like your alloys Matt. Very nice. Yeah the clio is always outside farm foods.

I was at the gym tonight but didnt see your car. What are you studying your masters in? I was weighing up carrying on and doing a masters but I couldnt stand being skint anymore! I can still go back and do it but .... I just cant be bothered!! Well done for having the motivation!

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly_ - Cheers!
I didnt get to the gym today - too much uni work! That and Im too much of a lazy sod. ;)
Anyway, yeah Im doing an MSc in Industrial Design at Salford. Its ok I guess, Im not sure Id recommend doing one straight from a degree like I did. Like you said, being skint is a killer - esp with no student loan to rely on. What did you do a degree in? A masters is a load of hard work, I dont know if I could go from earning £££ back into being a pennyless student bum! so it was now or never for me. Anyway, come too far to quit now, £3k down in fees I might as well get something out of it! ;)

172 Exclusive

I like your wheels, looks nice an clean as well.

Ill keep my eye out for you both around wigan and give you a friendly wave ;)

Id post a pic of my car but all my best pics are at home and the only ones i have in work are the ones of my accident :mad:

Honda S2000

I was going to do a MSc in Strategic Communication but I got the job im in now straight after graduating so I was quite lucky. Industrial Design sounds very complicated!

What accident were you in andy?? You might as well post up some pics!

172 Exclusive

Some idiot cut across me at the traffic lights near the centre of wigan.

Caused a few grands worth of damage , luckly he admitted liability and all the work was done on the insurance. ill post a pic when i remember where i put them.

Not had much luck with my car during the past year with one thing and another.

172 Exclusive

Nice looking car Kelly :)

Could do with some Wet and Black on your tyres though, i used some at the weekend and it made my tyres look new :D

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly_ - Nice cup, if I ever see you at the gym youll have to take me for a spin, a few laps round the stadium would do! ;)

Andy - Ouch sorry to hear about your crash, there are some dodgy junctions in the town centre, the saddle junction and the one way system round by wigan pier are esp bad, a real no go at like 5pm.

Ill keep an eye out for both of you guys!
:D

[Edited by MattT on 5/4/2005 3:06:35 PM]

Honda S2000

I need some new tyres soon anyway! Do you know of any good places to go? There is a place in Liverpool I normally go but I dont think he has the tyres for my car.

Matt - what do you look like? I have long brown hair and am quite tall and Ill be the one on the cross trainer not putting much effort in! (I find the cross trainers near the mirrors are best for optimum perving!)

172 Exclusive

I need 2 new front tyres for my car as they are starting to look like slicks.

look on http://www.mytyres.co.ukhttp://www.mytyres.co.uk for the type you need, then phone round a few places, i got my last one from Pemb tyres, they were very competative on price, and did a good job.

Can get you the number if you want :)

Maybe we should bulk buy lol.

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly_ on 04 May 2005
]Matt - what do you look like? I have long brown hair and am quite tall and Ill be the one on the cross trainer not putting much effort in! (I find the cross trainers near the mirrors are best for optimum perving!)

lol! I always go up towards the mirrors at the back, the girls are stunning in that place, I find it hard to concentrate, I assume youre talkin about pervin on the fellas? ;)
Im 57 with dark spikey hair, but I dont know that Ill be there very much when you are if you go in the evenin - can only afford the offpeak membership which stops about 5.
Been this mornin, did 5miles in about 15minutes on the bike, Im gonna be crippled tommorow!

Honda S2000

Cheers BRUN, Ill go there. Hadnt thought of that. Andy if you find out how much they are I can take us there.

Matt - yes I was talking about perving on boys! some of the girls are very nice though (in a strictly non lesbian type of way). Some of the guys wear such tiny vests that there is no point to them. A tiny piece of material that skims their nipples, its ridiculous! (If you wear ones like that I apologise for insulting them!)

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly_ - I dont wear vests no, arms are too puny! Ill stick to my speedos in the pool tho.;)
I dont think Ill be goin in the morning like I did today too often, it was the mature movers aerobics! :sick:
Hav you been going long? I need an induction still and Ive been going a good few months already.