ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup LS52 *** in Wigan

172 Exclusive

Changing your CUP Kelly?? you after aircon and leather seats by any chance ;) hahabet

What was the 182 like, ive seen a few of them about and they look nice, almost as nice at the Mk1 172 Exclusive :D

Ill post a pic tomorrow after ive given her a good washing (might even get the polish and wax out if it doesnt rain). :cool:

Honda S2000

The 182 was good. He said he would give me 6500 for mine and I could have the 182 for 14000. Im not even considering it. Although im biased I prefered my car but I suppose you have to get used to a car.

I realise I might be seen as a traitor to cliosport but im thinking of getting a civic type r......

Im undecided! I would get a honda s2000 but because im 22 the insurance is £2100 and im not paying that!

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly_ - Bloody ell! £14k for a 182...good ol Arnold Clarke. I really like the CTRs as well, been in a good few of them - dad nearly bought one a few months back, unfortunatley, for me, my insurance is bad enough on my 1.2 and Im 22 also. (Damn postcode :()
Female, 22 & drives a cup - not single are you Kelly?!
(jus kiddin hehe)

Honda S2000

My postcode is ok so my insurance isnt too bad, plus I still live at home so I have spare cash!

Ive got a boyfriend too but if Colin Farrell comes along im single! ;) (Maybe Nicholas Cage as well because my favourite film is The Rock!)

Im just looking on Autotrader now.... I didnt know you could get Audi TTs for 10k. Thats very interesting!

RS Megane DCi 175

Not a fan of the Audi TT unless youre talking top spec models...they just seem a bit too common for my liking.
What about a Leon Cupra R? 2 extra doors but still looks stunning! ;)
To be fair tho, a cupd up 182 gets you a lot of bang for your buck...depends whether you want to stick with Renault I guess.

'18 Megane dci

If convertibles are on the agenda Kelly, have you taken an MX-5 for a test drive? I drove my friends 1.8i Sport about 3 months ago and was very impressed with the handling, unfortunately it seemed a fair bit slower in a straight line but the gearbox was amazing, overall I was very impressed! :D

172 Exclusive

TBH dont think youll see mich difference between the CTR and a Clio, well apart from the rattles and squeaks haha (think there is a CTR v 182 race coming up on 5th v soon) And if my memory is correct arent Honda doing a new CTR, or was that just one of my dreams.

I looked into getting a Curpa before my Clio, but finding one with leather just wasnt happening. Very nice cars though

TTs are ok, bit of a girls car but then you are ok there Kelly ;), anyway whats wrong with the CUP?

Honda S2000

There is nothing wrong with my Cup, I might keep it. But my boyfriend is getting a new car and it makes me want to get one too. There are so many cars out there it seems silly not to try out them!

Ive tried an mx5 but it was a 1.6 and didnt impress me. Cupra R is nice... audi TT are a bit too expensive...

If I didnt have to drive 20 miles to work I would get a lotus elise! They are too expensive to look after though. I cant afford a house so might as well blow my money on fast cars and shoes!

172 Exclusive

I was gonna say if i was going for a small 2 seater then a Elise would be top of my list, the new ones are better than the VX220 turbos as well.

Know what you mean about house prices, i want my own place but it just doesnt happen if your on your own these days. Houses seem to be aimed at couples or people who are loaded (and i fall in to none of those) :(

Oh well, not much to pay off on my car now and then i can think about saving for a new car :D

RS Megane DCi 175

Kelly Ive just been to the gym and saw your Cup parked by the door - wouldve been about 3:30 today.
Looked nice, although you have a biiiig bird sh*t on your passenger door that probably requires attention! ;)
I was gonna leave a note under your wiper "Matt says Hi" but chickened out on the slight chance it wasnt your car!

Did you see my clio by any chance?
It was parked right in the left-hand corner next to the little bunch of bushes.

Honda S2000

i didnt see your car! I got to the gym at 4.15 so are you sure it was mine? I was parked in front of the doors to the left... I have just checked my door and it is bird crap free! I cant believe there is another Cup!!!

Im going at dinner tomorrow so if youre there between 12 and 2 look out for me!

172 Exclusive

Hahaha, now that would be funny putting a note on the wrong car, the real owner would be wondering what is happening and who is Kelly LOL :)

I see a few CUPs at my gym but none have Cliosport stickers in the windows, they are getting very common around wigan lately.

RS Megane DCi 175

Well that is very weird! Glad I didnt leave the note now!
It was parked to the left of the door tho, although Im sure it was before 4:15, I had a training session today at 2 and was out at 3:45 at the latest so wouldve missed you anyway. :confused:
2 cups in wigan, that go to the same gym and park in the same parking spot! *spooky*

I dont think Ill be going 2moro, 1-it pains me to type after the session I had today and 2-I think Im in uni till about 11.
No doubt our paths will cross sometime tho - Ive still got the note in my car! ;)

Honda S2000

hehe it wouldve been quite funny if id have been walking past as the person read it and they shouted who the hell is kelly!

I would also like to point out that, as Andy wrongly suggested, Cups are not COMMON! Fiestas are common, focus are common but my car isnt.... now quiet before you hurt his feelings.

172 Exclusive

Sorry Kelly, didnt mean common as in vectras and mundanos.

But as far as Clio CUPs/172/182s go i see far more cups than any of the others, i know 2 that go the same gym as me, seen Kellys about and the odd other one as well.

Im sure i saw another exclusive for sale on autotrader a while back, in standish but never seen another one in the flesh (so to speak), think id be gutted if i did.

Honda S2000

haha quite true! Wouldve been very funny. Especially if you had put something like, hey darling (or something along those lines) and a big hairy man walked out just as you were putting it on!! hehe

Wouldve been worse if he then winked at you!

RS Megane DCi 175

lol
*It hurts when I laugh*
:oops:

Atomic_Bog_Roll - Do you go to the JJB gym?
We have a mystery that need solving!

172 Exclusive

Hahaha another cup owner :D

Could leave me a note easily as my car isnt very common around these parts LOL ;)

RS Megane DCi 175

I could argue that mine is quite rare, as in there aint many modded 1.2s that arent black!

*clutching at straws*
;)

Honda S2000

Quite right Matt. Yours isnt common at all. I see those 172 exclusives every day... as common as fiestas... they just drive along with their windows up in their own little air conditioned world (not that im jealous!)

Atomic Bog roll - do you drive towards poolstock in the morning? I pass a Cup most days.

BG 182, R26

Quote: Originally posted by MattT on 09 May 2005

Atomic_Bog_Roll - Do you go to the JJB gym?
We have a mystery that need solving!
Fraid not. I use the one we have at work.

Ive only seen a couple of cups around the area but Im not sure if they had cliosport stickers on the window.
I dont drive to Poolstock in the morning. Unfortuately I work down south so I dont often drive through Wigan much. :(

[Edited by atomic_bog_roll on 09 May 2005 at 8:03pm]

172 Exclusive

LOL sounds like your missing the creature comforts Kelly. Still your car is faster so have that over me ;) (oh and it is a lovely colour, i likes blue)

Come to think of it there is a CUP with a private reg plate that passes me in Garswood sometimes when i pick my mate up in a morning.

atomic_bog_roll - which parts of wigan are we likely to see you in?

BG 182, R26

Quote: Originally posted by MattT on 09 May 2005

Atomic - Is this you then?
I spotted a Cup outside Wigan Wallgate station a few weeks ago - had a CS sticker on the back window.
No not me mate. I havent bought any stickers yet, just about to post off a cheque for them tomorrow.

The only places I usually am are the Robin retail park area, Tesco, Blockbuster or driving through Ashton to fill up at the Shell station on the east lancs and get on the motorways to get to work.

RS Megane DCi 175

Thanks to whoever left the "Hi Matt" note on my wiper today at the JJB at around 5ish!
I think it mustve been Kelly - but I didnt see your cup in the car park and I drove round lookin for it! - even had the "Matt says Hi" note prepared from the other day!

I can finally say Ive been spotted - yay!
;)

172 Exclusive

Haha, well it wasnt me. Dont go to JJB apart from 5 a side football on thursday when we can get enough people to play.

Anyone can feel free to leave me a note, that is unless its one of those stupid flyers that seem to be on the increase.

'18 Megane dci

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_M on 09 May 2005

Dave - think ive just seen your car parked up on Queen Street, looked very nice (and clean) :D
Cheers!! CLEAN!, you need to see it close up, its filthy hehe, although the sun always seems to break through any dirt and make it look ok. :D

Lol!

Another one to add to the Wigan CS group...

Im up in Aspull but am always wandering around getting parts for the damd car! hehe

Ive seen loads of Clio 172/Cups around wigan, probably seen you as well Kelly on your travels at some point.

Dave Cli02,

You work for RemGaurd?

If you do and answer the phones youve probably spoken to me at some point, you guys do the security for dabs.com who i work in support for. Small world eh?

Honda S2000

There are quite a few people from around Wigan then!

Andy - I think I saw your car today, but thats old news now isnt it! I see it quite alot!

172 Exclusive

WOW small world, WeZ01y - i used to work a dabs a few years ago in the warehouse.

Kelly - where did you see it, been getting into work later recently as im picking a mate up, because his cavalier (sorry calibra, always get those mixed up LOL) is out of comission.

Really? Let me look up your details hehehe :)

Ive been here just over two years... so probably just missed you. You left in end of Feb 01 eh? :)

172 Exclusive

Yup, was only a temp job in the warehouse.

What department do you work in, i have a mate that still works there?

'18 Megane dci

Quote: Originally posted by WeZ01y on 13 May 2005

Dave Cli02,

You work for RemGaurd?

If you do and answer the phones youve probably spoken to me at some point, you guys do the security for dabs.com who i work in support for. Small world eh?
Spooky, small world indeed! RemGuard, yup, thats us, im control room supervisor, always there 24/7/365!! (fortunately not me all the time) :D

Round and round we go, this thread is like a CS family circle of trust!! ;)

172 Exclusive

Haha, circles of trust, water pistol fights, stalking and secret handshakes, sounds like the Masons (or an episode of the simpsons) to me LOL. :cool:

'18 Megane dci

Hahaha, cant beat a bit o Bart! Im off out for a bit testing my ropey amp settings , speak to you soon!