ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup LS52 *** in Wigan

172 Exclusive

Yay, my mums a member of CostCo :)

Ill get some prices Kelly, and let you know what i come up with.

Ill be after the Michelin Exaltos, same as my spare though, so let me know what kind you are after as the cups tyres are a different size to my mk1 172s.

:D

Honda S2000

Matt- Ive been going for a few months and havent had an induction yet either! Im too lazy to ask though. I went at dinner last week and a little old lady was lifting more than me on one machine. It was quite embarassing. Never underestimate an OAP in lycra.

Andy- I have no idea what tyres to get. Havent really looked into it. Ill do a search and see what people recommend.

172 Exclusive

Hey you wanna be careful of old people at the gym, there is a guy that goes my gym and id swear hes 90 if not older, and he can shift some weight. Always looks like he could die at any moment though haha.

Michelin seem to be the reccomended ones, my old pilot sports lasted for ages, so im geting the exaltos i think. Dont forget cups use the more expensive 16" wheels lol ;)

Honda S2000

Andy - I saw your car again today parked in Wigan. I was going to leave a note on it and then thought that would be quite stalker like!

308, Fusion

im from wigan, i go soccer dome every monday night at 8 ish, im sure i seen that cup at top of page on tesco hindley car park last saturday

172 Exclusive

Kelly - you sure i was mine, there are a few green clios about. But mines the only exclusive ive seen in the area (big cheesy grin):D

You should have left a note, would have confused the hell outta me haha.

Honda S2000

Ive gone past a flame red 172 parked as you go towards Golborne a few times. Is that you Dave? Im going the fcs too so might see you there.

Halo54 - that wouldnt have been me parked in Tesco on a Saturday. I live near Warrington and only work in Wigan - hence me getting lost all the time!

and Andy, it was defo an exclusive. Maybe someone else has one then. They must be quite common!!

'18 Megane dci

Might be another one that Kelly, mine is usually parked right in Wigan town centre on Queent St near the railway arches, although not for the past 3 weeks as I have been off work recovering from an op. :sick:

See you at FCS! :)

172 Exclusive

Kelly - they are not that common, only 172 of them were made ;) almost 171 after my accident haha.

Dave Cli02 - 5am at Lymm services, dont think ill even be awake at that time. What time does the FCS start then?

'18 Megane dci

8am for club stand pass holders, 9am for anyone else AFAIK.

I went last year but didnt go in a convoy so hopefully this year the journey down will be a little less boring. :D

I know what you mean about the AM issue, ill be doing a Back to the Future style alarm clock setup especially! ;)

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by Dave Cli02 on 05 May 2005Might be another one that Kelly, mine is usually parked right in Wigan town centre on Queent St near the railway arches, although not for the past 3 weeks as I have been off work recovering from an op. :sick:See you at FCS! :)

Mate Ive spoken to you!
I work at Office World just round the corner!
I remember seeing you a good few months back pulling out of Wigan Northwetern station with your windows down whilst I was walking up into town on my dinner - I said "Nice car mate" through the window and you said "cheers"!
You prob wont remember - ;)

p.s - If theres a spare seat goin to FCS, Id be very interested - Ill pay my way of course!

'18 Megane dci

Crikey thats a while ago, I do remember that!!

I remember thinking at the time wonder if hes a CS member, gave me a cheesy grin all the way home! :D

Ill PM you regarding private hire Renault Sports to FCS! ;)

Honda S2000

What op Dave? Nothing bad I hope! I couldnt drive for 3 weeks because I kinda tripped over while I was sober (very very very drunk). I had 2 huge black eyes and spent the night in hospital. I would post a pic of what my eye looked like but itd give you nightmares!

172 Exclusive

The wigan family of cliosport members is growing all the time, maybe we should have a secret cliosport handshake so we can recogise each other haha

Post the pic Kelly_, gwan gwan gwan you know you want to post it. ;)

'18 Megane dci

Oh dear, hope you recovered! :confused: Hope you werent anywhere near my works on Queen St in Wigan or else we would have got you on cctv (we have quite a collection of public events).

Op was only simple surgery (bit private tbh :oops:), was meant to be back in work after a week off but needed 3 due to slow healing, lovely! I cant wait to get back behind the wheel, the 172s been sat on the drive for 3 weeks now, very annoying!

RS Megane DCi 175

Secret handshake! Now theres an idea!

Dave - What exactly do you have on camera? I nearly always get a taxi after a night out from there! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Glad you remember that day, I love Flame Red 172s and yours was particularly clean that day - I had to say something hehe.

(You have PM btw! :D)

Ive definatley got a better idea of who to look out for - and where - maybe we should have a wigan mini-meet!

'18 Megane dci

Well, a selection of... drunks tripping, girls flashing, blokes walking naked past!, full-on car bonnet action (police moved them on), and many drunks jumping on roofs of our night shift members cars! :(

There are many others but I forget, oh yes and one showing a staff members car rolling off down Queen St in reverse due to her leaving her handbrake off (no damage done!) :eek: I can access about 6 days worth from home if you ever need anything looking up or down Queen St.

Secret handshake eh! what about water pistols! fastest trigger finger wins!

'18 Megane dci

LOL, no, not been in yet either! I work for a company called http://www.remguard.com/RemGuard Visual Management, we remotely monitor detector activated cctv systems via ISDN and broadband all over the country (currently over 300 sites).

We also have monitoring centres in Portugal, New South Wales, Sydney and Atlanta. Our holding company http://www.ad-group.co.uk/AD Holdings cover many aspects of video over IP, cctv for aircraft, buses, police vehicles, etc. all over the world.

Safe to say we see some pretty amazing footage sometimes! :eek:

http://www.rsclio.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ssrs.jpg

SPLASH!!!

Honda S2000

Boys and their toys! Who has the biggest gun then out of the Wigan cliosport members?? ;) only joking...

172 Exclusive

Haha now thats getting personal Kelly, i suppose you wanna be the judge??? LOL :devilish:

Dave - where on Queen street are you, i pass there every morning on the way to work?

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_M on 06 May 2005Dave - where on Queen street are you, i pass there every morning on the way to work?

I see Daves 172 parked up in front of the arches, just before the taxi place on the left hand side.
Looks like one sweet motor - love the flame red 172s.
Mines the other sweet motor parked round the corner in office world car park ;)

Was at the gym/Robin pk again today - no clios tho :(

172 Exclusive

Hmmm ill have to keep my eyes open then, i usually pass both of those places on my way in or out of work.

Im surprised ive not seen yours Matt if its on office world, guess i must be too busy looking to nip up the inside of traffic and cutting in haha.

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_M on 06 May 2005Hmmm ill have to keep my eyes open then, i usually pass both of those places on my way in or out of work.Im surprised ive not seen yours Matt if its on office world, guess i must be too busy looking to nip up the inside of traffic and cutting in haha.

lol - I know! Ive got the creep-peep-nip technique down to an art form! If youre around itll be there today from 5 and all weekend too - which means so will I unfortunately. :(
Wanna watch it round by Wigan Pier travelling away from the town - there are police watching more and more now for people ripping down the bus lane and for people cutting in.

172 Exclusive

Yeah i saw a copper there the other day checking for peole using the bus lane, a punto got pulled over haha.

Have you seen the roadworks starting on poolstock lane now, 96 weeks worth of roadworks, delays possable. They are having a laugh, youll need a helicopter to get in and out of wigan soon :mad:

'18 Megane dci

Dont like the sound of those roadworks, think ill get a moped! :confused: Ive not been out for 3 weeks lol!

The place I work at has Link CAMS Ltd in red on the front window (we got bought out about 7 years ago) and mines usually parked somewhere near that front window or in front of the blue shutters next to Blazes fireplace centre, just look for the bosses silver Voyager, cant miss that thing! Mine will be there from Monday (not very clean though).

I know what you guys mean about the bus lane, Carol from our works got pulled up a few weeks back, shes 61, they let her off with a stern no no!

I might also be popping to that Jap car meet at Muscrat Manor, Warrington on Monday night for a toot if I can fugure out where it is!

Honda S2000

Not more roadworks!! I have to travel 20 miles to work every day and getting down poolstock takes the longest. I need a short cut from the M6. Anyone have any ideas??

'18 Megane dci

Either Poolstock Lane or Warrington Road way, thats the only 2 ways I know :(, I hate Poolstock Lane, sometimes I just feel like parking up and walking to work (lazy bugger, i should be anyway!) :D

Honda S2000

I know what you mean. Some days the traffic is that bad it takes 30 mins to get 2 miles! There is a kinda short cut if you go straight on at the roundabout and then turn right just after the petrol station. It takes you past a school and brings you out 3/4 way down poolstock. But you have to queue there too!

Honda S2000

Think ill have to set off from my house at 7am to miss it. Its mainly all the mums who drive the 0.1 of a mile to take their kids to school!! I hate people who have to do the school run.. I also dont like old people who drive at 22 mph on every road... and i really hate it when people drive on the back of your bumper!! whats teh point!

'18 Megane dci

Very true, ive just been out for a drive, first time in 3 weeks, feels very weird driving for some reason and I was instantly bombarded by cars up my ar5e! I can understand its rush hour and all that but theres just no need to get so close, wont get em home any quicker. (rant over) :devilish:

172 Exclusive

I take it back, i finished work at 4 and was at the gym near J25 on the M6 less than 10 mins later, the roads were deserted. :D i had to pinch myself lol.

Oh and its 92 weeks not 96 for the road works, appoligies for the error.

Haha i hear you Kelly, i once got stuck behind a MuffinMan van on the way back from Shevington one day, and just couldnt get past him. :mad: All the way back to the town center at 20mph. Oh and i know that shortcut, its through Worsley Mesnes and there are loads of speed bumps grrrr.

RS Megane DCi 175

Do ymind if join in on the grumble about Wigans traffic? ;)
2 things:
1. The traffic lights being left on the settings for football/rugby matches days after the match. The traffic builds up really quick at the bottom of Beech hill and its a right pain!
2. The car parking in the town! With the new shoppin centre on the way theres even less car parking than normal! I know a mate who got clamped parking in Tesco as there was literally no spaces left! God knows where everyones gonna park when the new place opens...maybe a Wigan park&ride is on the cards?! I think this new place is the reasoning behind the 92week roadworks thing too.

(Rant over hehe)

'18 Megane dci

Ah well, at least we got FCS to cheer us all up! :D Just think, if it wasnt for roads wed all be on horseback still! (maybe thats quicker thesedays anyway) Bring back real horsepower to the roads, much better for the environment I say!! :sleep:

Honda S2000

I just went for a test drive in a 182... the dealer was so arrogant im thinking of buying a horse again!!! Itd get me along poolstock quicker! The sales guy played the whole - youre a girl maybe you should get a 1.2 game!! He just lost himself a sale. Hes put me off getting another Renault.

'18 Megane dci

Nice piece of work he sounds! (not):(, sorry to hear that, I bought mine from Arnold Clarke in Wigan, sales guy was called Andy, really top bloke, I can assure you that if you speak to him hell cheer you up no end! :D Tell him Dave with the Flame Red 172 says hi if you do.

By the way what did you think of the 182, feel any better than the Cup?