ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup LS52 *** in Wigan

RS Megane DCi 175

How do fellas!
WeZ01y - Ive seen your Williams in Aspull!
That is to say Ive seen a Williams in aspull, hehe, it was parked just over the little bridge over the canal (the bridge where the lorry trailer demolished that house)...it was parked on the left going up the hill - is that yours?

Andy_M - I think I may have spotted you today as well!
Shortly before 5 round the DIY store round the back of Office World towards Deromas?

The Wigan collective keeps on growing!

RS Megane DCi 175

WeZ01y - I drive past there twice a day about 4 times a week going to uni in Salford. Ive not seen it there for a while now tho.
Keep an eye out for mine struggling up that hill! ;)

172 Exclusive

MattT - not sure if that would have been me, id have been on Poolstock at about 4:30ish heading out of wigan.

Seems to quite a few members in and around wigan, yet ive only seen Kelly_s car and Dave Clio02s. Maybe we should all meet up outside maccies at saddle junction on a friday night with all the local chavs in thier corsas and astras LOL.

'18 Megane dci

lol @ maccies meet! :D I must admit, I do drive around there one or twice a week to see if and CSers are around. Just spent the afternoon cleaning the 172 so next time im spotted it will be a slightly different colour! Im off to Demon Tweeks on Monday morning, gonna take the plunge and have a Superchip done, ill report back on my findings. (unless I see any of you beforehand!)

172 Exclusive

Oooh nice one Dave, let us know how you get on.

Im considering something new for my car so let us know what the superchip is like.

What mods do you have on your car already Dave?

'18 Megane dci

KW V1 Coilovers, OMP front strutbrace, Magnex twin 3.5" system, Janspeed sports cat, K&N panel filter & tomorrow a Superchip! :D

Tyres and brakes are next on the list. Its like a different car already, hope this Superchip works a little magic too! I did consider a GDI re-map but its a long way from home if anything needed changing.

172 Exclusive

Sounds good Dave, bet she flys along.

Whats your exhaust like? ive been considering a new exhaust upgrade from the pikey Renault one.

Oh and i hope all went well with the Superchip :cool:

Nice nice...

Yea they are always loitering around on "sofa company" LOL!

Sounds like a plan, mines broke at the moment, a gearbox bearing needed changing cos it was whining. Changed that at the weekend and got it back on the road on Sunday afternoon, was great. But then at 9:30pm the gearbox decided to put itself in 1st gear whilst in 5th whilst doing 50. Car is fine just selector is stuck in gearbox. Need to take it to bits again and have a look. Should be back on road by mid week. If i cant fix it, its a new box job from reno :( £550

Will wait n see.

Matt,

you should see her again on mi drive at some point in the week. Around what time you drive past in the morning? Ill be waiting around the corner with some eggs ;)

RS Megane DCi 175

Quote: Originally posted by WeZ01y on 16 May 2005
Matt,you should see her again on mi drive at some point in the week. Around what time you drive past in the morning? Ill be waiting around the corner with some eggs ;)

lol @ eggs
Ill keep an eye out for the Williams then.
I drive to uni that way about 3/4 times a week normally about 9am going and about 5pm coming back.
If you egg me tho, youll have more than a dodgy gearbox to sort by the morning!
;)

'18 Megane dci

Exhaust is great Andy, used to be fairly quiet until the sports cat went on, now its changed its tone a bit, quite a bit louder now!

Demon Tweeks are in my bad books at the moment, got there this morning, handed over the keys and started to look around their showroom, 30 mins later they told me they cant go ahead with the job as they have no chips left to transfer my old engine settings to!!! MONKEYS! Wasted journey! :mad:

Next couple of days they will be back in stock so I can have it done then (nice e-mail just been sent to their customer service dpt.)

At least I had an easy day at work, that made things a little better! :D

172 Exclusive

Sorry to hear about Demon Tweeks Dave, bet you were looking forward to getting the Superchip.

Sounds like youve had quite a bit of work done to your car though, have you taken it on a rolling road to see how much BHP its pushing out?

'18 Megane dci

Was really looking forward to the chip yea, no reply from last nights e-mail either! :cry: Not had it on any rolling road yet, not too bothered about figures, as long as it feels good. Should be fairly good as its a red one! :D

172 Exclusive

Haha red ones are fast Dave as are green ones, but as for the silver or blue ones ;)

Would be interesting to see the stats on a rolling road though. No word on your chip yet?

Honda S2000

Everyone knows blue ones are the fastest Andy. Didnt I overtake you on the dual carriageway coming from Haigh Hall.... You may have blinked and missed me I was that fast haha ;)

172 Exclusive

I dunno Kelly did you?? Was it you speeding past me then? :eek:

I must have been changing cds or something, or i could have been lost. Im not sure of my way round wigan and keep having to ask for directions LOL :devilish:

[Edited by Andy_M (and just for the record, green ones are uber fast) on 18 May 2005 at 8:26pm]

RS Megane DCi 175

Who are you guys trying to kid.
You all know whos car is fastest out the Wigan clan.
Afterall, I have a ClioSport sticker and pen in my car so its not even close Im afraid.
;)

'18 Megane dci

Haha! pen eh!, its not one of those darn CapitalOne pens is it, im sick of the sight of them! :mad:

Blank chips were delivered to Demon Tweeks today so mines now booked in for 10am Friday morning (ill be ringing them before I set off though, dont trust them now), couldnt get it done tomorrow as there are lots of Suberchips being done apparently. Would like to get it RRd soon but dont have a clue how/when/where to be honest. Plus I have visions of my car flying off through the workshop wall or something! ;)

RS Megane DCi 175

Dave its a not just your average pen - its a ClioSport pen!
And dont get your hopes up on being able to keep up with me - chip or no chip!
Ive got a pie (the engine keeps it warm)in my engine bay - nevermind a mere chip.
;)

'18 Megane dci

Meat and tatty I hope (or is it a tatty and meat these days?), keep up king, I like to think of myself, chips and sausage all warm ready to overtake! (no gravy though thankfully)

CS pen eh, quite nice I must admit. Ill stick to struggling with my yellow Renault crayon. :confused:

[Edited by Dave Cli02 - just to clarify sausage being my strutbrace :/

Honda S2000

Yeah it was me speeding past you Andy (obviously within the designated speed limit). Saw your car parked this morning too.

I think ill have to keep a pen in my car then if the stories are true about making it faster! It would be much better than writing notes with eyeliner!

172 Exclusive

Hmmm where did you see it this morning Kelly? i didnt see you.

I was in wigan parked near KFC lastnight if anyone was around then (got called out with work :mad:)

Well ive got my cliosport pen in the car, and everyone knows they add at least another 5bhp to your car LOL