ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**CLIO CUPS IN DEMAND!!!!**

Hi everyone,

i had to sell my 2004 172cup and i couldnt believe how easy it was to sell...OMG these cars are in demand, and are holding well better in value than those 172s wi awe the toys....

i was sad to see it go and good luck luck to john who now owns the little mondial blue beauty...

i didnt even advertise this car and could have sold it 10times over!!!!

so see yous all later!!! im signing off!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

There are loads more on Auto Trader, so no shortage of Cups! You maybe priced it right!

Remapped derv Golf

Got lucky mate. My VTR went so quickly - only because it was the only wicked red one in the south east at the time.

yeh i noticed that similar ones to mine are fetching more than what i paid for mine 7 months ago ,i.e 9k, and at the time 172s of same age were 11k-12k, now there struggling to get 9 k for them ???

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

But why are Cup owners selling so soon......why are there were so many with hardly any miles up for sale?????

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 14 September 2004

...imo, the cup is not so much of a day to day car
:confused: Why not?

Ive got 20k miles on mine in 9 months, and its never missed a beat.

It may be a bit coarse at times...but thats exactly why I bought it :D

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 14 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 14 September 2004

...imo, the cup is not so much of a day to day car
:confused: Why not?

Ive got 20k miles on mine in 9 months, and its never missed a beat.

It may be a bit coarse at times...but thats exactly why I bought it :D

Exaclty why I bought it too.

Quote: Originally posted by GazTwo on 14 September 2004

But why are Cup owners selling so soon......why are there were so many with hardly any miles up for sale?????
i just checked aututrader in my area an theres 4 cups for sale, there is 3 pages of ordinary 172s ???.

i also use mine everday and dont find it raw, why do people think its that different to a 172 , what do you think they have taken out of it SEATS / STEERING WHEEL ?????

I keep my cup for dry use/weekends only

tbh I wouldnt fancy using it this winter w/o abs etc and was glad of my golf gti with aircon this summer.

Well I got aircon with mine, which has been a great. I only really use it at weekends so it only has 2600 miles after nine months.

It will be for sale in February.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 14 September 2004

I know where you liveee!

(CW9 8EQ) lol
I used to live there when I lived in Cheshire, that was my old postcode. I live in Scotland now though, so you dont really know where I live!! ;) :D

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 14 September 2004

Well I got aircon with mine, which has been a great. I only really use it at weekends so it only has 2600 miles after nine months.

Prime example....how come after having the car 12/13 months with probably only 4,000 miles on would u be selling it surely u havent enjoyed it to the full...I think there is something the Cup owners arent telling us!!!

Not really. I dont see how an extra 8000 miles of commuting style driving would add up to enjoying it to the full as that is what most car mileages are made up of.

Plus I want to sell it while it still has a stronger value to fund the purchase of my next car.

182, GTR, C63

I use my cup day to day. Hell id use a westfield day to day. Ok theres better cars to get to work in ect but its economical and when you drive to work at 6:45 you can also use some performance once its warmed up. Crap car for the winter though but i will get gettin a clio diesel van soon so that might do the job better.

This will be my first winter with it. I cant begin to imagine how much the wheels are gonna spin when you set off. Dont try tellin me that a 172 would be any better though as tc wont help at all on ice. Abs wont work well either.

Im gonna struggle to sell mine as it will have a fair few miles on it in a year or so. Allready clocked up 21000.

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 14 September 2004

I use my cup day to day. Hell id use a westfield day to day. Ok theres better cars to get to work in ect but its economical and when you drive to work at 6:45 you can also use some performance once its warmed up. Crap car for the winter though but i will get gettin a clio diesel van soon so that might do the job better.

This will be my first winter with it. I cant begin to imagine how much the wheels are gonna spin when you set off. Dont try tellin me that a 172 would be any better though as tc wont help at all on ice. Abs wont work well either.

Im gonna struggle to sell mine as it will have a fair few miles on it in a year or so. Allready clocked up 21000.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeh i agree, all cars struggle in the winter, i have a company 307 with abs etc and that just judders like f**k when it hits the slightest bit of ice etc, same as my focus before that.

i drove the cup in a bit of snow and to be honest didnt have a problem with it

Thats what i want to know??????:confused:

Rob.

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 14 September 2004

Thats what i want to know??????:confused:

Rob.

WTF are you two on about, there are loads of 172 owners selling up as well. Loads of ppl swap their cars ever year or so, what are you trying to get at?

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 14 September 2004

thought ud be quicker than that Ross, I mean 6 mins to type that.
who said i logged on at 1.00am??? you sold up yet iain????

mines is long gone!!!!!;)

172 cup TT

cant believe how many people want these classics - you should have given it to the highest bidder... wow mental

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

WO WO WO whats your problem!!!!!!!

For starters the thread is about CUPS not 172s.....I was justing asking a question...dosent matter if its a 172, Cup or any car just wondering how come people sell so early without hardly using them especaially when its a car like a Cup....Stop jumping to defence Im not knocking the car.

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 14 September 2004

Prime example....how come after having the car 12/13 months with probably only 4,000 miles on would u be selling it surely u havent enjoyed it to the full...I think there is something the Cup owners arent telling us!!!

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

As I said STOP JUMPING TO DEFENCE....it was meant as a joke.

Its a car were talking about mate not a member of your family..lighten up dont take things to heart...take it u drive a 172 Cup??

320d M Sport

alright lads, calm down ffs.

kin ell, like school in ere lately!! who gives a feck?! good on him for floggin it so quick i say

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 14 September 2004

I keep my cup for dry use/weekends only

tbh I wouldnt fancy using it this winter w/o abs etc and was glad of my golf gti with aircon this summer.
abs and traction control are useless in snow,black ice etc.

the boy done well for selling it. treat the cars as what they are ment for. second car for kickin mailto:s@*t">s@*t out of at the weekend. its not as if they look brill or go like lightening(unless you do some cheeky mods)

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 16 September 2004

the boy done well for selling it. treat the cars as what they are ment for. second car for kickin mailto:s@*t">s@*t out of at the weekend. its not as if they look brill or go like lightening(unless you do some cheeky mods)

WTF, are you talking about a cup ??, and you own a 172, not sure if you are aware but they look the same as a 172 !!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

HHHHMMMMMM from glasgow by any chance?

look mate i have a cup for weekends and track use. they look rubbish but it doesnt cost much to get them over 200 bhp. they are only good for killing on a track. need to spend a bit of money on suspension coz they handle like crap. come out of a corner and feel sea sick. sorted now tho

look mate i have a cup for weekends and track use. they look rubbish but it doesnt cost much to get them over 200 bhp. they are only good for killing on a track. need to spend a bit of money on suspension coz they handle like crap. come out of a corner and feel sea sick. sorted now tho
I have to disagree about them looking Rubbish!!!! I havent had mine on a track yet, but i think the previous owner did. so far i havent had any problems with the handling, think its corners well at speed!