ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios in Skipton/Keighley area, North Yorkshire

Liquid yellow 182
Have seen a couple of clios around. Most mornings on way to work, i pass a silver 172 (?) heading towards Skipton as i head in opposite direction to Keighley.

Tonight on way home, i passed a nice dark blue 172 (?) on its way toward Keighley.

Anyone on here? It's pretty lonely up here so nice to see a fellow clio driver every now and then!!

Da

Less
lol, none of them were me but I'm just over the border in Colne, Lancashire, so you're not alone up here! :)

Megane Mk4
I'm over the "other" hill in Hebden but I travel the by-pass between Keighley and Cowling on a regular basis. Usually weekend nights ;)

I keep seeing a dark blue modded 1.2 16v with blue front sidelights and a cliosport sticker in the back on that stretch of road.. dunno who he is though. Steeton area maybe ??

Clio 172 mk2
Why wuld you travel to cowling?

Amy I can't remember if i've seen your yellow 182 on way to work? I will have been half asleep still tho!! Are you from Skipton, i work in the town hall!

Last edited:
  Liquid yellow 182
raymond ramsden said:
hi im just in bingley a little bit further south of you

I teach at the grammar school!! One of me kids was telling me they live next door to someone with a black V6....is it yours???

Liquid yellow 182
Jimmer said:

Amy I can't remember if i've seen your yellow 182 on way to work? I will have been half asleep still tho!! Are you from Skipton, i work in the town hall!

I live in Airton, a tiny pathetic village between Gargrave and Malham. Skipton is my nearest attempt at a 'city'...lol!!! I travel to Bingley everyday to work and usually see a silver 172 on the main road from Skipton...but can't remember where it goes to! A big roundabout...left lane to Keighley, Esso/Shell garage off it too.

Liquid yellow 182
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
I'm over the "other" hill in Hebden but I travel the by-pass between Keighley and Cowling on a regular basis. Usually weekend nights ;)

I keep seeing a dark blue modded 1.2 16v with blue front sidelights and a cliosport sticker in the back on that stretch of road.. dunno who he is though. Steeton area maybe ??

Hiya. Yeah, that's the dark blue i was on about. Thought was 172....it's quite nice. Seen it few times now around them dual carriageways.

RenaultSport clio v6
Amy R said:
I teach at the grammar school!! One of me kids was telling me they live next door to someone with a black V6....is it yours???
no sorry mines silver and its only a toy and at the mo its in the garage having anew exhaust made:cool:

RenaultSport clio v6
Amy R said:
no sorry no mines a silver one its my toy at the mo its in the garage having a new exhaust made

Clio 172 mk2
Amy R said:
I live in Airton, a tiny pathetic village between Gargrave and Malham. Skipton is my nearest attempt at a 'city'...lol!!! I travel to Bingley everyday to work and usually see a silver 172 on the main road from Skipton...but can't remember where it goes to! A big roundabout...left lane to Keighley, Esso/Shell garage off it too.

I have a friend who lives in Airton, how old are you? She's called katie.

Jim

Liquid yellow 182
Jimmer said:
I have a friend who lives in Airton, how old are you? She's called katie.

Jim

I'm 23. Don't know anybody up here. Moved up here in September - am living with the parents temporarily.

Megane Mk4
Jimmer said:

I've a friend that lives in Cowling village although saying that I used to live in Skipton about 8 years ago.
(Behind the Ambulance station down Broughton Road)

Amy R said:
Hiya. Yeah, that's the dark blue i was on about. Thought was 172....it's quite nice. Seen it few times now around them dual carriageways.

So it isnt just me who's seen him out and about? lol
Looks like he's a stranger to the site myself.. Me thinks he needs to be carded on his motor ;)

Liquid yellow 182
So it isnt just me who's seen him out and about? lol
Looks like he's a stranger to the site myself.. Me thinks he needs to be carded on his motor ;)[/QUOTE]

I think a little card in the right direction would be beneficial! I see him all the time now. Was right out in the sticks near my village tonight...could be a neighbour. Exciting!!!

Ford Fiesta
from west yorks but up that end every now again, and use nicholas smith for servicing, best in area.

Only seen 1 liquid yellow 182 on road and that was on opposite side of motorway so will have to keep an eye out for yours Amy R. ;)

Liam

Liquid yellow 182
Liam182 said:
from west yorks but up that end every now again, and use nicholas smith for servicing, best in area.

Only seen 1 liquid yellow 182 on road and that was on opposite side of motorway so will have to keep an eye out for yours Amy R. ;)

Liam

I got 182 from nicholas smith. They are very good!
I actually do alot of motorway driving...unfortunately, i bloody hate it!!

Liquid yellow 182
Hmmm...that's very interesting!! If it was mine they were on about (can't see there being that many liquid yellow ones up here) then they never mentioned the bonnet!!! I'd was after a racing blue for ages and they kept finding them at other dealers, and then loosing them etc. Then they found me this one and i picked it up around 22nd November. I need to go back in and sort stereo out...will ask them whether somebody sat on the bonnet!! ;)

Ford Fiesta
well as you say cant see there being many yellow ones go through that dealership. They would never have mentioned that anyway would they. We heard them on a bout it though, salesman to another salesman.

Liquid yellow 182
No they wouldn't have had any reason to mention it. I only thought they might cos i literally spent every evening after work in the place for about 3 weeks while i waited for them to get the car delivered!! I got to know them all quite well and became known as 'the bossy one'. I drank their tea machine dry, lol!! :)

Liquid yellow 182
No they wouldn't have had any reason to mention it. I only thought they might cos i literally spent every evening after work in the place for about 3 weeks while i waited for them to get the car delivered!! I got to know them all quite well and became known as 'the bossy one'. I drank their tea machine dry, lol!! :)

Ford Fiesta
it's a decent place, well worth travelling to imo.
They do everything they should at services, seem a friendly bunch, and they won plenty of customer services awards dunno if you noticed them all near the tea machine? ;)

Ford Fiesta
without wanting to go too far off topic got couple of pics here from last summer cat and fiddle and another one.
roll on better weather!

I was going to try and arrange a discount with nicholas smith for cliosport members, ill give it a go next time i visit them.

Liquid yellow 182
Nice bike! But yes, sticking to topic.... ;)

I'll give the garage a nudge in the right direction aswell about discounts.

New Clio Dynamique S
Re: servicing kick up the arse

Hiya Peeps... Amy dearest i have had a word about your stereo and if you pop in to see me i will tell u all about the routes you can take to sort it.... have you guessed who it is yet??? and please make sure your car is clean next time you come in as your costing me a fortune in beer getting you car washed for you everytime you pop in!!!! as for you lot wanting to milk a bit of a deal out of me with regards to servicing and parts etc i need to get an idea of how many of you are out there in the area so i can put something towards the powers that be and hopefully be able to sort something out for you.....dunno what yet but you never know owt is better than nowt so it is well worth you all dropping me a line so i can list going........ if amy is anything to go by a tyre discount would be best as from what people have told me about her driving she will only get 2000 miles out of a set!!!! lol................ sorry Amy!!!!

Ford Fiesta

superserviceon182's&172's said:
Hiya Peeps... Amy dearest i have had a word about your stereo and if you pop in to see me i will tell u all about the routes you can take to sort it.... have you guessed who it is yet??? and please make sure your car is clean next time you come in as your costing me a fortune in beer getting you car washed for you everytime you pop in!!!! as for you lot wanting to milk a bit of a deal out of me with regards to servicing and parts etc i need to get an idea of how many of you are out there in the area so i can put something towards the powers that be and hopefully be able to sort something out for you.....dunno what yet but you never know owt is better than nowt so it is well worth you all dropping me a line so i can list going........ if amy is anything to go by a tyre discount would be best as from what people have told me about her driving she will only get 2000 miles out of a set!!!! lol................ sorry Amy!!!!

sounds promising. I know myself, and TonyRS182 both use you. I'm sure others would be prepared to travel a bit further if there was a bit of a discount for us.

thanks for posting.

Liam.

williams and trophy
i travel over that way meself a fair bit. have a mate that lives in cross keys.

also go to appleyards pretty regularly for bits for the lads bike. seen a few clios over that way, none have bin intrested in a play as yet tho lol....

williams and trophy
im not far from hebden.so go over the top road btw lol...

have had a few dos down the bypass too lol..focus rs was the last 1 tho

Liquid yellow 182

superserviceon182's&172's said:

Oi you! Yes i know who you are.....idiot!!!! You can't use this particular forum to talk to me...you'll get me in trouble! I'll be in tomorrow after work!

Da

Less
I'm here too, MOT is booked for 27th of this month. I've spoke to Jason previously about the site but haven't seen him at the dealers for ages. Has he left now?

williams and trophy
sorry but no one works on my car but me and wayne at chip wizards.

discount on parts is always welcome tho ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Mine's coming to get booked in for a service a week today (when i've been paid!!)
So could do with a discount then! oh and it will need a good clean when it comes!, Oh and my reverse light don't work, nor does the rear wiper come on when putting it in reverse!!

I used to live in Cononley (still got a house there), bought my old 182 from Nicholas Smiths too!

I think I know that black V6 mentioned too - lives on the roadside in Carleton most of the time.

Matt