ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios in Skipton/Keighley area, North Yorkshire

Da

Less
Matt ATR said:
I think I know that black V6 mentioned too - lives on the roadside in Carleton most of the time.

Matt

Yeah I've seen that one too, it never seems to move! lol! Such a waste! :evil:

:clown:

Liquid yellow 182
Yeah. My kids at school think it's a waste too! It's funny listening to them talking about it though...they haven't got a clue, bless em!

New Clio Dynamique S
Not too sure how many of you guys are gonna be needed Liam but obviously if we can get a lot of you coming and agreeing in principal to get servicing and parts (no idea on parts but will ask) for us then the better it hopefully will be.
As for the black V6 its a local doctor that traded in his black 182 a few months ( i sold his 182 to a young copper from keighley but aint seen him around for ages but have heard he still has it in 1 piece!!!)

Liquid yellow 182
Hmph, fancy that! I've been wondering about that V6 for ages!! Should have just asked you! Should start taking what you say seriously i suppose!! ;)

Da

Less
superserviceon182's&172's said:
As for the black V6 its a local doctor that traded in his black 182 a few months ( i sold his 182 to a young copper from keighley but aint seen him around for ages but have heard he still has it in 1 piece!!!)

Is that the 182 that I test drove a few months back mate? :approve:
:rasp:

New Clio Dynamique S
dont think so Daz as it was sold even before it came in.
to find a bargain is hard work on a good low mileage 182 these days but i have been keeping an eye on em in my dealer network and there is a cracker down south....the reg is the best thing about it.
its AP05SER.......A POSER ha ha it just tickles me and its still about i think so if anyone interested give me a shout....black 182 cup if i remember rightly but im sure Amy will correct me if im wrong as i showed it to her a few months ago

Megane Mk4
JonnyM said:
i live in haworth, not far from keighley, seen a few nice clio's around the area.

you might have seen me go through Haworth then... It's my main route to keighley ;)

Andi

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
cant say iv seen you but il keep an eye out! were abouts do you live? iv seen a clio sport about thats quite nice, looks low, dark blue, it parks near cross roads, you seen it?

Megane Mk4
Silver mk2 isnt it? I think I've seen that one.
I'm in hebden bridge just over the hill (A6033)..
You couldn't miss mine if you tried, used to have 182 in white vinyl down each side of my motor.. got rid of it now though - the vinyl that is, not the car :D
( me and my promises! :S ) lol

Andi

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
ahh i live on the A629 near the quarry just in the dip if you know were that is? the one iv seen's dark blue, see it around keighley a lot too. il keep my eyes peeled for you, will probs have seen you just not been paying attention!:eek:

Megane Mk4
not the same one then.. allthough I do keep seeing a silver mk2 172 in haworth all the time I'm there...
Must be a local :D

I dont suppose your going to the yorkshire cliosport meet? (subtle plug here lol) welcome to join in..
Its at castleford, pretty easy to get at too. - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115853

or anyone on here for that matter.. :D .. great food and great people will be there ;)

Andi

xr4x4
I used to live in bingley, still go over to keighley to see my family so always up and down the a65 !

drive a blue j reg valver so if u see me give me a wave :)

Clio172 Monaco Blue
Hey, What a lovely surprise to see the words Skipton & Keighley!

I live in Sutton-in-craven and drive to Skipton every morning about 7.45 ish ( always l8 thou!) & travel back about 5.15, Ive got a dark blue 172 Sure I pass you Amy in your yellow car in a morning! see 2 silver one's in Skipton most days too. Know the V6 you are on about, just saw the back of it whizzing past me the other day!!!

Liquid yellow 182
Ahhh so it's you!! Hello. Will wave next time! I pass a silver 172 every morning too, and think it's Jimmer. The V6 passed me tonight, first time i've seen it moving! Do you ever go out towards Gargrave Ladybird?

Clio172 Monaco Blue
aye will give you a flash if i see you again..so to speak!!!!
I sometimes head that as my grandma lives there but not that often...i have seen another blue 172 about with a guy drivingwith loads of silver writing down the side...maybe its him?? :)

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
not the same one then.. allthough I do keep seeing a silver mk2 172 in haworth all the time I'm there...
Must be a local :D

I dont suppose your going to the yorkshire cliosport meet? (subtle plug here lol) welcome to join in..
Its at castleford, pretty easy to get at too. - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115853

or anyone on here for that matter.. :D .. great food and great people will be there ;)

Andi

yeah i think il be going to it all being well, see you there mayb!
give me a flash if you see me to bring me out of my daze!

Megane Mk4
Sounds like a plan to me does that Jonny, put your name forward on the meet list :D

If you do want to go your more than welcome to drop into Hebden and follow me on, or if you know your way, go to McDonalds at the top of the M606 (Bradford)
I've got to go meet someone else there in bradford to show them where to go. :D

Andi

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Ha, I live in sutton too!! There's a few 172's kicking arround -
Mine - Silver (PG51***)
Yours - Blue
Blue one that parks just up from the garage

We could have our own "Sutton Massive" Cruise Aiiii!!!

Where abouts in sutton do you live?

I might as well chip in, used to live in Ilkley but just moved between Haworth and Keighley. Such a small world!, I see a Trophy driving down Haworth Road every morning with a woman not knowing what its about, thank it had a kiddy seat in the back? Also a big chinese guy owns a black 182 that parks outside the chinese towards the bottom of haworth road.

I myself have an 03 black full fat 172.

Megane Mk4
my172littleponies said:
A big chinese guy owns a black 182 that parks outside the chinese towards the bottom of haworth road.

ahh .. parked on the corner next to the zebra crossing? slightly modded too iirc.. I know the one, keep meaning to put that in the "spotted" on its own :D

Andi

thats the one, on the left as you go down to keighley. Its a standard 182 tho. There is a lad that works at the Suzuki appleyards that has some nice mods like wheels etc, but its not a Sport, maybe a 1.4. Looks nice tho. Parks opposite Appleyards.

Megane Mk4
Dont think I've seen that one in Appleyards tbh
although saying that, we still haven't found out who the lad with the 1.2 16v clio in Steeton is with blacked out windows and the front blue sidelights.
And so the story continues... :D

Andi

Clio172 Monaco Blue
Im up for the 'Sutton massiiivve cruise' Jimmer!! live by the post office.

I know the black 182 in Keighley that was mentioned early with a big chineese guy driving it...funnily enough he owns the chineese!!!! never would have guessed it would ya.....

Amy...think I saw u this morning!

its all well cosy up here in Yorkshire!!. We should make some sort of gesture up for when we pass each other!! LOL

Andi look on the left oppposite applyards, he usually parks on the side of the road, smoked windows, dropped on some nice wheels. He had a for sale sign in it yesterday?

Do you live near the crossroads? Ive seen another black 172 up there with some black KEI RSS alloys on it.

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
my172littleponies said:
Andi look on the left oppposite applyards, he usually parks on the side of the road, smoked windows, dropped on some nice wheels. He had a for sale sign in it yesterday?

that is GORGEOUS

Megane Mk4
my172littleponies said:
its all well cosy up here in Yorkshire!!. We should make some sort of gesture up for when we pass each other!! LOL

Do you live near the crossroads? Ive seen another black 172 up there with some black KEI RSS alloys on it.

crossroads ?? me ?? nah matey, aint a local to Keighley, live in Hebden Bridge and own a racing blue full fat 182 ;)

There's a cliosport meeting for the yorkshire owners at ferrybridge services on Sunday 12th February at 11.30am. (M62 eastbound - J33, then second exit on the roundabout at the bottom of the sliproad) Anyone on here is welcome to attend. There's about 12 cars going already and from the services, it's off to a nice pub for a meal.
( if your hungry that is :D )
Plenty of pictures to be had on the cars and probably a video too ;)
If any of you are interested, pm me and I'll give better better info on this,
including clear directions and pictures to get there. :D

Andi

Clio 172 mk2
Ladybird said:
Im up for the 'Sutton massiiivve cruise' Jimmer!! live by the post office.

I know the black 182 in Keighley that was mentioned early with a big chineese guy driving it...funnily enough he owns the chineese!!!! never would have guessed it would ya.....

Amy...think I saw u this morning!

Nr The post office?? Think i've seen one down north street is that it? Mines the silver one with a loud exauhst!! Live up near the bay horse!

Jim

Liquid yellow 182
almarsden said:
So where we goin with this discount then? (cheekily interrupts conversation)

I'm gonna go in to the garage and hassle them some more and see what they can do for us! Leave it with me ;)

Liquid yellow 182
my172littleponies said:
confused now Amy, what you trying to do?

Sorry my dear, was Almarsden's fault for interrupting the flow asking about discount at Renault dealers. Sorry :)

CLIOSPORT CUP 172
Hi,

I just joined the site. Haven't been spotted by the lokos of it, but have an electric blue 172 cup in ilkley, drive between yeadon, Ilkley and Skipton. Live in Ilkley.

Nick.

2005 182 - Black
Hey

Had my 182 for 3 months now still love drivin it around - worth every penny!

Not sure I've been spotted either, although it does seem to be dark when driving to and from work these days!

Have seen a sweet looking trophy and blue 182 in the Skipton area and an electric blue 172 in ilkley on occasions (think that may be you Nick!)

Anyone know of anywhere local that's good for servicing etc?

xr4x4
Hi,

I just joined the site. Haven't been spotted by the lokos of it, but have an electric blue 172 cup in ilkley, drive between yeadon, Ilkley and Skipton. Live in Ilkley.

Think i've seen your car around ilkley, work nights at tesco's there used to drive a modified blue j'reg valver

:)

mk2 ph1
I live near Keighley :) Seen a fair few nice looking Clios on the bypass into Skipton.

Just bought myself a Clio.. can't wait to get it sorted out and looking nice!

Deffo!