ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 4: Spring Landscapes

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
why do people complain about deadlines lol... you have ages... if you cant do it in that time the world wont end lol...

the brief is spring... which it is now... go outside and compose a good pic... if the weather is shitty use it to your advantage dont complain that there isnt sun lol use your imagenations...

i have to take a photo for advertising of a castle... its an open brief as they want good weather in the photo's so they havent given me a deadline... this does have one so deal with it dont moan lol...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
twisty your pic is nice but looks like u have used ps to sharpen it?? branches look overly defined...

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I went to try to get a snap earlier, but completely forgot about the spring part and ended up with just a landscape pic!

Revels Mum & Sister
twisty your pic is nice but looks like u have used ps to sharpen it?? branches look overly defined...

Its the size I think

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistywizard/2354633443/sizes/l/

Thats large

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistywizard/2354633443/sizes/o/

Thats original size

I have out the original and the one imported side by side, I only fiddled with curves to bring out the branch colour more on the main branch as it was too dark. There isnt any PS sharpening.

Mk2 Golf GTI
none of these qualify for a landscape, i dont think and some will agree but all good efforts for other catogories.

try this link

http://jonknight.smugmug.com/gallery/3844643_DdpMm#222425129_G7s7J-A-LB

not a great pic but i feel this is more fitting the subject

big peaches and revels have got the landscape down imo but the others are dubious.

clarts pic is quality but i wouldn't call that landscape either really. i think too many people have focused on something close-up that just happens to have a bit of land and sky in the background.

1.8 Civic EX
i kinda agree here, yes maybe some are landscapes but there not exactly spring imo

quit hard to get right with this weather we've been having...

Abarth Grande Punto
Okay here's my entry taken Good Friday,

P3211761.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
none of these qualify for a landscape, i dont think and some will agree but all good efforts for other catogories.

try this link

http://jonknight.smugmug.com/gallery/3844643_DdpMm#222425129_G7s7J-A-LB

not a great pic but i feel this is more fitting the subject

big peaches and revels have got the landscape down imo but the others are dubious.

clarts pic is quality but i wouldn't call that landscape either really. i think too many people have focused on something close-up that just happens to have a bit of land and sky in the background.

Where are your contributions then? You have told people that there pictures are not relevant are you joining in or moaning?

B

Brown.

Do think it matters whether images are shopped or not.... mines in black and white ffs lol

any shoppers who are now dubious to post, post!!!! :D

FFS. What am I doing wrong here?

Took some pictures today, RAW format. back home, on to the laptop and PSCS3 for some PP. In CS3 I convert them to .TIFF format, do some work on them with layers etc. When im done I flattern the image and save as a .JPEG. Open them up in MS editor and all is fine.

Right I then transfer them across to the PC so I can upload them. When I open them in MS editor all the colour saturation and stuff have gone, they look crap. But when I open them in windows Picture and fax vier theyre fine? Ok I thought Ill upload them to Flickr and see what theyre like, exactly the same :S look like there right off the camera with no editing :S

FFS.

Nimbus Megane R26
2 from my trip through Snowdonia other month with the missus..taken with an n95 5mp camera so not as good as others but it'll do!

Frost on a bridge:

DSC00004.jpg

Lake by llanberis pass:

DSC00003.jpg

The lake is my entry ;)

Same rules as last time, post what you like but make sure you flag your actual entry so it's easy for me to sort them out at the end.

The most important bit: all images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition.

lol.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Am i not right in saying that competition rules state that the picture has to be taken between recently between the dates or the round?

where does it say that

Post Number 1.

ukaskew said:
Congrats to Planetx for a runaway victory in the last round, the new subject is:

Spring Landscapes

Should be more accessible for everyone this time, no shortage of Daffodils around for a start!

Comp runs from now until midnight Sunday March 30th.

Same rules as last time, post what you like but make sure you flag your actual entry so it's easy for me to sort them out at the end.

The most important bit: all images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition.

I think we need to clarify the rules, and make them the same for every round.

Mine obviously, have been processed abit (no HDR though). Only because I thought that was ok to do so?

And if people say minor adjustments are ok, we need to clarify what we all understand to be 'Minor'. Ie. Levels, Curves, Brightness, contrast etc....

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i think you're photo is fine, its a good capture, which has been enhanced by some pp. Nowt wrong with that imo. I'd say most of the images here have had some photoshop adjustment.

VaVa
You'd be hard pressed to find a digital image in any magazine that's straight from the camera. I try and do as little as possible because I feel the real skill is in the photography, not photoshop, and I feel like I'm cheating if I take an average picture and make it look stunning in PS lol

There needs to be a few stipulations imho, but it'll be hard to regulate and will of course rely on the integrity of the participants!

I say allow some PP but entrants must state exactly the adjustments made.

i think you're photo is fine, its a good capture, which has been enhanced by some pp. Nowt wrong with that imo. I'd say most of the images here have had some photoshop adjustment.

ok cool.

There needs to be a few stipulations imho, but it'll be hard to regulate and will of course rely on the integrity of the participants!

I say allow some PP but entrants must state exactly the adjustments made.

Good idea!

Can of worms.

Manipulate to your hearts content, put sh*t in, get sh*t out. Just don't add what wasn't there or what your camera never picked up.

Guess what, the same thing happened in the film days, its nothing new.

May as well restrict gear IMO, its unfair that some of us can manipulate depth of field with larger sensors or get even exposure with graduated filters. You start manipulating the second you start thinking about the shot.

p.s. really like the Lake by llanberis pass and wind turbines!!