ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 4: Spring Landscapes

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I suggest we are only aloud to use "DARKROOM" techniques.......
That is.....Anything you can do in a "WET" darkroom with an enlarger.

CURVES
DODGE BURN
LEVELS
CROP
BLACK & WHITE
SEPIA
FILTERS

Although I haven't entered, I've enjoyed looking through the images of the various subjects, and following this competition.

However, I think some people are taking the 'fun' out of the competition by being to critical and fussy. Who cares if an image is photoshopped, don't vote for it and leave it at that!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Although I haven't entered, I've enjoyed looking through the images of the various subjects, and following this competition.

However, I think some people are taking the 'fun' out of the competition by being to critical and fussy. Who cares if an image is photoshopped, don't vote for it and leave it at that!

i dont agree... its a photography comp not a photoshop or image editing comp!

PLUS the whole point of photography comps is to give and receive cryt i went through uni and had to stand in a room FULL of people an have "experts" tare my work to pieces! i stood and watched people cry through it when it was there turn...

if you cant deal with it then dont post your pictures for the world to see not everyone is going to like it!

Bit of a shame this seems to kicking off a little bit. The idea was to have a friendly competition that anyone could enter, it all stemmed from the 'drips' thread I posted, and the hope was (from my end anyway) that we could all have a bash at photographing something (we had people with cheap compacts adding awesome pics to that original thread)

So essentially a topic on something familiar that we may not consider photogenic on a day to day basis (such as the excellent cheese-grater shots we had etc), and then give each other friendly advice/tips/ideas etc. This isn't a hardcore photography forum, so unless people ask for full-on constructive criticism (that may seem harsh) I personally won't be giving any.

The rules as I see it are...

1) Must take the pic during the duration of the competition

Simply because the whole idea is to take some pictures you may not have taken before, and learn from that.

...and that's it. The voters can be the judge of manipulation imo, I for example would never vote for a shot with the shockingly overdone HDR you see everywhere these days, others may differ but the vote will even things out.

Amen.

And to lighten the mood here's what I found in the garden when not snowing or raining, something a little different, a mini landscape without the sky... not the most 'spring' subject but wanted to capture the little fella emerging from the grass.

2359957236_dec8818b1c.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Amen.

And to lighten the mood here's what I found in the garden when not snowing or raining, something a little different, a mini landscape without the sky... not the most 'spring' subject but wanted to capture the little fella emerging from the grass.

2359957236_dec8818b1c.jpg

MAGIC

1.8 Civic EX
lol at people questioning photoshop....doesn't really matter at the moment as most people seem to be forgetting what the actual subject is...Lets make it a little clearer for those that may have missed it ;)

Congrats to Planetx for a runaway victory in the last round, the new subject is:

Spring Landscapes

Should be more accessible for everyone this time, no shortage of Daffodils around for a start!

Comp runs from now until midnight Sunday March 30th.

Same rules as last time, post what you like but make sure you flag your actual entry so it's easy for me to sort them out at the end.

The most important bit: all images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition.

and for clarification on "same rules as last time"

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. If you do not flag one image (i.e. just put "entry" above it) then the first image you posted will automatically be selected as your entry.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800-1000px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- Winner chooses next subject

Due to pretty rubbish weather an a sevear lack of imagination (thanks TV) I havent been able to take anymore shots so this is my entry:

2357755073_5d2a7c5376.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
That would've been great for yellow Clart.

I'm going to go with the same excuses as above ;)
IMGP1025s.jpg

not really a Landscape, but does show spring in iti would just like to share it with everyone from a place today

DSC_0241 (Large).JPG

i think the subject need to be a little clearer lol

Can anyone save johnnyjogpants image (post #101) as a JPEG? It keeps coming up as an unrecognised file type for me...and yes, I'm clicking the image to see the large version.

Congrats to:

James.
272979346_acynS-M.jpg

&

kris86
272979442_T37NL-M.jpg

Who both secured 25% of the vote and therefore this round has been declared a tie.

Thanks to all that entered and voted.