ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collecting Cars - The Motorist

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Me and a friend decided to take the trip up to Leeds to visit the Motorist. Impressive venue and a few nice cars.
20220618_085918.jpg
20220618_085928.jpg
20220618_090353.jpg
20220618_090401.jpg
20220618_090408.jpg
20220618_090432.jpg
20220618_090457.jpg
20220618_090509.jpg
20220618_090527.jpg
20220618_090539.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Aye great venue. It's only 15mins from me and @leeds2592 , pop up quite often.
I remember going to the opening weekend and it was just a garage, mad how much it's been developed since then!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Hi Aye great venue. It's only 15mins from me and @leeds2592 , pop up quite often.
I remember going to the opening weekend and it was just a garage, mad how much it's been developed since then!

It's always a decent turn out there when it's sunny. As Steve says it's expanded massively since we first started going a while back. The bloody noisy planes spoil it though. @Matthew 👎😆.
That new cafe must have cost loads to buold. I’ve not been in it yet, but have seen loads of posts on their FB page while it was being built.

How do they make their money, I mean overpriced bacon sandwiches and cups of coffee can’t earn them that much.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That new cafe must have cost loads to buold. I’ve not been in it yet, but have seen loads of posts on their FB page while it was being built.

How do they make their money, I mean overpriced bacon sandwiches and cups of coffee can’t earn them that much.
The butties are very expensive😂. They do service and resto on classic cars and sell the odd one every now and then too. It was a real garage before all this cars and coffee stuff got popular. I guess it's so popular that banks are willing to loan for facilities to accommodate the growing crowds that go to these sorts of places every weekend.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't think it was that bad price, Im from down south so prices are higher anyways. The bacon roll had a good few slices in and the coffee was decent and it was £6.

They probably make most of their money in the restoration/repairs on the cars.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
The butties are very expensive😂. They do service and resto on classic cars and sell the odd one every now and then too. It was a real garage before all this cars and coffee stuff got popular. I guess it's so popular that banks are willing to loan for facilities to accommodate the growing crowds that go to these sorts of places every weekend.
Even so, every time I’ve been entry has been free, sure I buy a buttie but they can’t pay for that cafe.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I
Even so, every time I’ve been entry has been free, sure I buy a buttie but they can’t pay for that cafe.
It is good that's its free to get in, they probably make a lot more in the cafe than you think otherwise what's the point in building it if it won't make money? When we first went thee was half the tarmac area thats there now, now they have the tarmac for super cars, the gravel for nice cars, the grass for commoners, the swamp for peoplehe who lie in and the mound for that guy in his old discovery! It's really grown in a very short space of time.

Ph2 Meg 225
You'll have to have a trip up there when we all go next time, I'd love to see the datsun👍.
Will do mate. give me a shout when you’re next going, I’m usually there every other Sunday
Didn’t realise you’d got a 200 now, im ready for a track toy again and would love one

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate. give me a shout when you’re next going, I’m usually there every other Sunday
Didn’t realise you’d got a 200 now, im ready for a track toy again and would love one
I think a 182 would make a much better track car, a black gold one specifically would be an excellent choice 👍😂.
I'll try to remember to message you next time we're off to the motorist mate.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
They used to charge £2-3 a car in the past, to say they hold events pretty much Tues-Sun every week means if they still did that they'd make an absolute fortune.
Obviously they realised they didn't need to any longer which is a great move but also goes to show how much they must already be making selling food and services etc.

Clio 197
I think the charging previously was during covid as a way to control numbers asking with any track n trace stuff. I remember seeing their plans before Covid too and everything there now was always planned to be. There are numerous rumours about the financial side but that's all they are I guess ....rumours. regardless, it's a lovely venue now and incredibly popular when the sun's out. You need to get there early for a decent spot to park in.....ha ha

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
From what I know the owners are a very wealthy local family and set it up as a place where their mates with nice cars can come for meet up and pass it off as a business to the wives.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

From what I know the owners are a very wealthy local family and set it up as a place where their mates with nice cars can come for meet up and pass it off as a business to the wives.

Its owned by the guy who has the posh mattress company (been on TV a few times, does all the ones for the royal family etc etc). He lives in Cawood, and does the Gumball 3000 nearly every year.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Its owned by the guy who has the posh mattress company (been on TV a few times, does all the ones for the royal family etc etc). He lives in Cawood, and does the Gumball 3000 nearly every year

Thomas Skinner? BOSH

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just googled him. It says he was on the apprentice, is that the one?
Thomas Skinner? BOSH

Nooooo

These people

Mainly this guy....

Simon Spinks