ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool Mods For Skint People....

Clio 1.4 16v 2003
Wrapped front and back diamonds, petrol cover, side bullets and clio badge
only got pics of these atm.
cost me nothing but time as they were free sticker bomb sheets from fast car :)

Attachments

• DSCF2694.jpg
    DSCF2694.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF2693.jpg
    DSCF2693.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 199

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
But I haven't come across like a plastic one yet only the rubber ones. Surely you can't get them sprayed? Or am I just being stupid?

Buy a cup splitter from Renault for £120quid.
Then go to Halfords and get some rattle cans, plastic primer, your cars paint and lacquer (clear coat).

It's not hard to do, i've just painted my bullets and badges with zero knowledge of what I was doing.

Artic 182FF
Buy a cup splitter from Renault for £120quid.
Then go to Halfords and get some rattle cans, plastic primer, your cars paint and lacquer (clear coat).

It's not hard to do, i've just painted my bullets and badges with zero knowledge of what I was doing.

Or a Skoda Fabia splitter for about £12.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure the paint would stay on a Skoda splitter very long, they're more like rubber than plastic.

When you came to screw the thing in all the lacquer would crack and fall off
because you have to bend it alot to screw it into place.

That and the fact that it's floppy and bendy to begin with,
just moving the thing after the paint's dry would make it crack and fall off tbh.

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182
Oh dam wasn't looking at spending over £120 on it! Ouch haha. Maybe just a standard fabia one would do the trick. A colour codes one would be better but I have no idea what to do when it comes to spraying and that. That's a bummer

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Now you know why the Skoda spitter's so popular, £12 > £120.

Renault take the piss charging that much for a piece of plastic that'll snap the first time a stone hits it.

Racing Blue 182
Tell me about it. If anyone knows where I could possibly get a plastic one either a racing blue one or a sprayable that would be awesome. Want something a bit different.

172 Iceberg Silver
£12.00 ClioSport membership
£10.00 for breakfast.
£50.00 for a full tank of fuel.

Then a good run for a breakfast meet. Meet new people with a common interests. And have a good time.
Unlimited access to help and points of view on this forum.
Now for the modification bit.
Your free Cliosport sticker for the back window ;-)

Wow old thread! Haven't seen these mods on the other pages so here goes.

Carbon wrap gearknob + dash trims with decals:

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

Lamin-X front fog lights:

IMAG1304_zps46a46705.png

Colour code boot release button:

IMAG0783.png

Do something with your bullets:

13.png

Get creative with your car key:

IMG_2284.jpg

PH.2 'berg 172
Things Ive done so far on my Iceberg 172 that haven't costed an arm & a leg.

Uprated Stereo & door Speakers - £150
Sprayed Gloss Black, Front Grilles, Fog Surrounds, Rear Bumper Strip, Front & Rear Diamonds - £20
Colour Coded Rear boot button - £5
Skoda Front Splitter - £12 (sprayed Gloss Black -£10)
Refurbished & Resprayed alloys (originally silver) Sprayed them Gun Metal Grey & The centre Cap Diamonds Black to match front & rear ones - £50
Resprayed Bullets (same Colour as Alloys & painted "2.0 16v" iceberg silver) - £15
Painted Brake Callipers (Blue) - £10
De-badged the boot of the hideous "renault sport" badges - Free
LED Sidelights - £10
Colour Coded Interior Strips - £10
Good Quality Car Mats - £40
Few sticker on the rear window -£10
Selection of good quality cleaning products (Shampoo, Clay Bar & lube, Polish, Wax, Sealant, Iron X Etc etc) from chemical guys £80ish.
Elbow Grease - Free

Future Plans;

Eibach Sportline springs - £150ish
New Air filter - £?? (unsure what to go for.)

They are all my mods that I have done over the past few months, nothing major but has freshened up the car no end.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
So how does one go about colour coding the boot button? That looks damn nice and I don't know how I never thought of it.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You have to remove the boot mechanism from the inside.

It's only held on with 3 bolts, then undo hook the metal bar that connects to it,
there's a rubber pipe that goes to it that just pulls off, then you have to hold the button closed to get it out,
otherwise you'll scrape you knuckles and end up swearing in the street.

It's easy tbh, here's mine.

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Sounds easy enough. Did you just use any old silver paint rather than the iceberg? And did you do a proper primer and lacquer job as well?

I'd personally use the same colour as the car...

You will need to sand/flatten, primer and lacquer like any other spray job.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds easy enough. Did you just use any old silver paint rather than the iceberg? And did you do a proper primer and lacquer job as well?

I used a rattle cans of plastic primer, Iceburg Silver and lacquer I bought from Halfords,
although if I was to do it again i'd buy a better lacquer, the Halfords stuff is sh*t and gave me a headache for 2 days,
​despite using it outside.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I used a rattle cans of plastic primer, Iceburg Silver and lacquer I bought from Halfords,
although if I was to do it again i'd buy a better lacquer, the Halfords stuff is sh*t and gave me a headache for 2 days,
despite using it outside.

You're not supposed to drink it mate...even on a park bench its still not safe (Well...probably safer than the MD 20/20 I used to drink as a teenager!)