ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crazy Revs??? And no idea?

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hiya All,

Got a weird problem, sat at the traffic lights yesterday and suddenly my revs started going crazy. Going up and down and it dropped so low that it even cut out. Managed to pull over due to revving the nuts out of it and then when i turned off the engine and put it back on everything went ok. While it was doing this though there was a light on like a coil and a square in middle of dash.

Thanks for any help you can give

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Anyone that can help? Need help pretty urgently cause worried incase this is the sign of something serious?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
mine revs funny sometimes, first few seconds after I've turned her on she goes up and down up and down up and down but then flattens out.

and if you even ouch the accelerater in the first say 30seconds, the revs fly up to 4-5k rpm and stay there for about 5-10 seconds.

can live with it though!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
if its a 1.2 16v, there is a problem that occurs with the loom, as it rubs against this metal at the back of the engine, do a search and it will come up with the same theory,