ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What spring rates have you gone for cubby bear?

I've got my ASTs fitted to the new car. I'll be at the Oulton Rs day in that.

Curtis got them to me in 6 weeks, they came from Holland so pretty good service really.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The recommended 450/450 setup. But I've got an uprated front ARB to fit...at least I hope it fits, it should in theory! Breaking boundaries never before attempted

I opted for the double digressive pistons, Curtis hadn't tried them on a Meg before so they're a trial set really.

It'll be another 2 weeks or so before I get the car back home. It's getting a front end refresh, powerflex adjustable bushes, alignment and new exhaust mounts so it's ready to track this year.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, ASTs got fitted today and the car had its geo setup :) I've also packed for Anglesey and the power tour so looking forward to getting the Clio back on track and out and about. Been a while since it was used in anger.

First take on the ASTs - stiff, and not well suited to country lanes compared to the billies, but that is exactly the point!

ca2052625c06f35a612c2a45ef0de941.jpg

The go pro is charging, sorted my insurance out so its all good to go and I'll hopefully have some vids of it to update next week :)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing as we never got round to meeting up in Reading Oli... And we are both on the AM track session at CSS, any chance of that passanger ride? We will both be wearing helmets which can't be a bad thing, lol! [emoji6]

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I'm quite excited to see how fast the radical and Ultima are on track tbh.

I just hope mine stands up to at least some of the things there, don't want it to be a day spent off the racing line with indicator on.

Cars looking good.
Have a little look at my video from Donington last year with some Radicals and V6 cups, they are a nightmare if there are too many (like my day)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cars looking good.
Have a little look at my video from Donington last year with some Radicals and V6 cups, they are a nightmare if there are too many (like my day)

Yeah, not ideal. But we'll see what the plucky flamer can muster. I'll also be keeping a close eye to time being on track when the much faster machinery isn't always out I think.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cars looking good.

Yeah, not ideal. But we'll see what the plucky flamer can muster. I'll also be keeping a close eye to time being on track when the much faster machinery isn't always out I think.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
It's amazing how fast they can go round a corner with the aero.
Looking forward to having a good look around your car at Oulton
Enjoy Anglesey looks like the weather is going to be good

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Spec update so I can keep on top of the changes made;

Engine
- 182 Engine, rocker cover painted white, block painted black.
- Rotrex Supercharger kit with associated boost pipes.
- Gen90 ECU
- Toyosport Intercooler
- Custom Roose Motorsport hoses
- Samco Coolant hose kit
- Magnecor Leads
- Mocal Oil Cooler
- Mocal Catch Tank
- ARP Rod Bolts
- K-Tec / Vibratec Solid Engine Mounts
- Matched Inlets
- K-Tec 3.5" Recessed Supersports exhaust
- Megane Injectors
- 102k miles, new cambelt, dephaser, aux belt, megane keyweyed pulley and megane crank bolt fitted and timed by Dan@SJM
- Powdercoated inlets, fuel rail guard, engine mount and brackets
- Bosch S4 battery
- Air con delete
- Nimbus heatshield
- Mapped by RS Tuning, Rolling Roaded at 248.7bhp and 220 ft lb.

Transmission
-
New Gearbox
- Gripper LS Diff
- PMS Race Shifter / Gear linkage

Handling

- AST 5200 Coilovers with custom spring rates
- Northloopcup / BIGASH Roll Centre Kit
- Whiteline ARB
- Eibach Hubcentric Spacers (16mm front, 5mm rear)
- PMS Solid Top Mounts and Strut Brace
- Eibach Camber bolts
- -2.5 deg camber at the front, 10 mins toe. -1 deg camber at rear
- PMS Stud and Nut kit fitted
- 15 Speedline Williams wheels with Dunlop Direzza 03g tyres
- Cup wishbones fitted

Braking

- Brembo 4 pots (Megane 225)
- Custom HEL braided lines
- Custom Chris Powell Brembo brake brackets
- ABS delete (incl. Loom), full Cup brake lines and MC setup fitted
- Ferodo DS1.1s, Ferodo DS2500s rear.
- Brembo grooved HCs (Front)
- Renault OEM Discs (Rear)
- ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid
- Fog lights removed and no arch liners
- brake ducts

Interior

- 2x Sparco Evo 3 Bucket Seats
- OMP Subframes
- OMP 3" Harnesses
- Custom Oreca / Renaultsport 330mm Steering Wheel
- OMP boss
- 6 point Roll Cage
- K-Tec Rear Boot Mat
- Renaultsport Front Mats
- Sony CD Player with Ipod Connector
- White Dash Strips & Gear Insert
- Alcantara Handbrake Cover
- Rear Strut Brace

Exterior
-
Cup Splitter
- Trophy Spoiler
- Renault Sport 197 Badge
- Porsche 'Bee Sting' Aerial
- Lockable Aerocatches

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh there's very little I'd change on that list, it's going to go very well. Maybe polycarb windows, fibreglass doors bonnet and boot and a Varley lithium 16ah battery down the line ;)

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Amazing mate, perfect spec.

Whats involved in deleting the ABS? Is it literally cup lines, MC and removing the wiring?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Amazing mate, perfect spec.

Whats involved in deleting the ABS? Is it literally cup lines, MC and removing the wiring?

Cheers man :smile:

The ABS delete is only really viable if you have a speedo gearbox I believe. Else it gets very troublesome.

If you do have a speedo box, then yep, take out the lines, swap the MC and the bias valve and remove the loom. It will throw the stop and service lights permanently on the dash, which can be problematic come MOT time. I posted earlier in this thread an email I have from VOSA about it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
In other news, drove to Anglesey yesterday. 5 hours of hell stuck on the m40 and m6 in 35 degree heat. Jesus wept. I was a mess.

Today was epic though, with the exception of a big "moment" at Church at about 80ish mph. New pants needed.

I'm off on the power tour tomorrow so will upload vids etc on Monday :) Anglesey is great, and the car / new mods were epic. Happy bear :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In other news, drove to Anglesey yesterday. 5 hours of hell stuck on the m40 and m6 in 35 degree heat. Jesus wept. I was a mess.

Today was epic though, with the exception of a big "moment" at Church at about 80ish mph. New pants needed.

I'm off on the power tour tomorrow so will upload vids etc on Monday :smile: Anglesey is great, and the car / new mods were epic. Happy bear :smile:
@Cub. are you recieving my texts???

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I'm off on the power tour tomorrow so will upload vids etc on Monday :smile: Anglesey is great, and the car / new mods were epic. Happy bear :smile:
Good stuff, although you can do 90mph through church if you're trying

Back end step out for you?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anglesey is quite an understeery track...apart from church :D seen a few people lose it there, especially RWD cars. Its great in the Clio, let the back end go out and keep it on the power.

Another common one is people not slowing down enough going into Rocket

Most spectacular incident has to be an R35 GTR going straight through turn one, across the grass, over the track going back after the banking, over more grass and finding the tyres...on a dry day!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Some footage from anglesey. Had great fun and Anglesey is a great circuit, took me a while to get used to the changes to the car and the unfamiliar track, but got quicker through the day. Some serious metal was running. 95% of cars there came and left on a trailer. Despite that, I had good fun and the clio wasn't too overwhelmed. The Radicals, Ultima and racing Fisher Fury were extremely quick, epic :smile:

I've grouped the footage into one vid, including my "moment" towards the end..

"It's getting very greasy" 😂