ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Clio 172 turbo
Just seen this on Facebook
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436535192.498645.jpg

Such an awesome car

Clio 172 turbo
Cheers man. Famous for a day 😂😂

Nice of him to share the photo, if his had run 13.2 it would have chewed me up had he launched properly. All good fun. :)
Yea in the video you can see him thinking what the f**k. He said that was his 2nd run against you and he was scared of launching as that's his 3rd gearbox

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yea in the video you can see him thinking what the f**k. He said that was his 2nd run against you and he was scared of launching as that's his 3rd gearbox

I wasn't launching either, as I also don't want to lunch my chocolate gearbox. It's no drag car, but it goes ok. Much better suited to track work :smile:

I was only at Pod to help my brother in law run his '68 Mustang.

The Clio would never get near 13.2 even if I did launch it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
A few photos of anglesey which I like;

DSC_7859_zpschi9b6mk.jpg

DSC_8184_zps2hhmxf6z.jpg

DSC_8618_zpsochb0qsc.jpg

DSC_8619_zps9efquqda.jpg

I stuck some more in the media section which are here;

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/flamemobile-at-anglesey.778755/#post-10821967

Plans this week in preparation for CSS;

- Oil and Filter change
- Clean engine bay up (dreaded white hoses) and repaint the rocker cover
- Clean the car and give it some form of a wax

I have also had these arrive from @Richy182. which I will need to get into the car at some point. Need to decide where to mount them, as ideally i'd like to keep the air vents for cooling purposes! AFR and EGT Gauges;

0930cf9dab05ffcc1c1e87822900a6d5.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Car looks great!

Anglesey looks superb, I need to go when mine is back!

Cheers :smile:

It is a good circuit, and I'll head back next year. Can be quite technically challenging as well. Goof up one corner and it can throw you off the right line for the next few etc.

Satisfying when you string a decent lap together!

Where has yours gone off to?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Nice car mate, what was your time down the strip, apologies if you have already said.

It ran 13.9 at Shakey. Low 14s at Pod and into a head wind, which was from the photos above.

I don't like running it on strip if I'm honest, as I don't like launching it due to the box. With the diff etc, the last thing I need is popping the box mid-season.

I reckon if launched hard, and a perfect run then mid 13s may be doable.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Update time.

Loaded the car up and went off to CSS 15 at Blyton. My first CSS, and it was brilliant! Was great to meet some more people off here and I enjoyed Blyton and the car ran healthily all day, although it did break a jubiliee clip causing the boost pipe to pop off and the brakes got a bit spongy mid afternoon. So new clips and a brake bleed are due.

Blyton was an interesting track, alot more technical than I was expecting, and it took a while to master the lines. There was only really one straight where I could really open the 'charger up and in a few places the gearing was proving challenging, but it was a good fun track nonetheless.

A vid and photos;

20237110411_17d9c57ae0.jpg

20080873650_62caf47897_k.jpg

20268824575_5882fd3616_k.jpg

20080506990_a6faae35f0_k.jpg

Up next - Goodwood for OrigineRS on 22nd and Oulton RS day on the 25th. Need to get some more Direzzas as the ones I have been using are starting to go on the outer edges.