ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup steering wheel refurb question

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I'm looking at getting a snappy refurb on the 182 Cup wheel. My idea is to buy another wheel and send it into him for sorting. The Cup has the cruise buttons and no thumb pads. Just looking on eBay there are quite a few wheels of base design but most don't have the cruise buttons, it looks like the airbag cover is shaped to make up for the lack of buttons.

My question is will one of these wheels be ok, once the wheel is retrimmed will I be able to fit my airbag with the cruise buttons into the wheel
I'm thinking of something like the one in the photo

IMG_1256.jpg

Arctic 182
The one you've linked to looks like it's from a non sport mate, no thumb grips?

Not sure if Snappy can fit them in somehow, but if it was me I'd get a wheel from someone breaking a Sport on here.

Then you just need to plug the existing cruise & horn connection into your freshly trimmed wheel when you swap them over; no need for messing with buttons.
Good luck.

Edit; My old 172 Cup had thumb grips so if your Cup hasn't got them it's possibly a case of the previous owner taking his re-trimmed wheel off before he sold it & just chucking a standard spare on. Again, definitely check for sale threads & buy a wheel from a Sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Yes, the 182 cup has the "poverty" stiched look wheel, no thumb cups but does have cruise buttons. I will probably end up doing as you say and sending original but just had the idea of buying one and sending it. Plenty for sale without cruise buttons.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes. you can swap the buttons and airbag over from your current wheel no problem. be careful removing the horn ring as that is delicate.