ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting out high rpm?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I believe my car is developing a fault!

Last nite I was driving my car fairly hard down a dual carriageway and when at high RPM (in 4th I think) it through a load of light up on the dash and lost all power! :S
I turned the ignition off on the move and started again and was fine! Then it done it again next time at high rpm in 4th and turned it off again and it's fine!

I've read somewhere that it could be a knock sensor, but unable to coderead it till Saturday!

Knock sensor?

2003 Clio sport 172
i had this problem not long back, turned out to be the plug on the crank sensor, when givin it a bit of stick the engine moves more and was pulling on the plug to the sensor causing it to cut out, as soon as i turned the key again it was fine.

320d
I believe my car is developing a fault!

Last nite I was driving my car fairly hard down a dual carriageway and when at high RPM (in 4th I think) it through a load of light up on the dash and lost all power! :S
I turned the ignition off on the move and started again and was fine! Then it done it again next time at high rpm in 4th and turned it off again and it's fine!

I've read somewhere that it could be a knock sensor, but unable to coderead it till Saturday!

Knock sensor?

Speeding. Shocking behaviour. ;)

182 FF, A6 Avant
Was it limited to 3krpm? If so try pedal sensor or throttle body. Search my threads, I've just had the same.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My advice - Try diagnostics first and save spending a wedge on guessing which part is at fault.

Mick

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Rite, code read it today at work and found 2 codes! Both were 'intermittent'

1 was for the knock sensor and the other for the electronic throttle control...

I am wondering if the knock sensor is at fault and thus when going into limp it's putting the electronic throttle Code in due to being limited to 3000rpm and pedal in a different position!

?? Sound about right?