ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Should've dewipered it! ;) Hope you put the arm back on with lots of copper grease.
Out of interest why didn't you just get some back to black?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Should've dewipered it! :wink: Hope you put the arm back on with lots of copper grease.
Out of interest why didn't you just get some back to black?

Nope, no copper grease :(

Because i'd back to blacked it a few times, and it just slowly fades again. The part was £5 and it was relatively easy to do. Freshly painted spoiler and the wiper cover should tidy the back up nicely!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nope, no copper grease 😧

Because i'd back to blacked it a few times, and it just slowly fades again. The part was £5 and it was relatively easy to do. Freshly painted spoiler and the wiper cover should tidy the back up nicely!
I'd get it popped back off and get some copper grease on it mate. Should make it lots easier next time as they easily rust/seize on again. I know you have the tool now but still.
Fair play on the back-black. I've been looking into getting some of the more expensive stuff but you get like 30ml for £30! Crazy. It seems to be the only thing that works though.

Yeah spoiler should look ace. Look forward to seeing it on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
When I was taking the old one off I could hear it catching on the roof etc as i moved the boot 😧 hopefully I avoid it with the new one!
Put a microfibre under the lip, or do it with the lid down and screw it up from the inside. Get an extra pair of hands as it really helps.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Spoiler still isnt back from the painters, grr, over a week.

Nothing exciting.. fitted a new pollen filter as recommended by @Louis' - as usual though, I broke something. The little plastic pop screw thing which holds down the scuttle wouldnt go back in and snapped.. any one have any spare?

IMG_6439.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Cheers mate!

Also bought some of this wax, courtesy of @ADS_V6 - rated quite highly on detailing world! Will try it out in a couple of weeks. Strangely looking forward to a good polish and wax.. dont think it has been washed since the end of October!

image.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just realised you've had this 4 years!

Good effort pal!

When I first met my wife she had a Flamer... It's part of the reason I have mine now... I absolutely loved that car... (Pre private plate)

View attachment 176684

That looks smart mate!

Yeah, just ticked over 4 years. No idea how I afforded the insurance just before my 19th birthday! Strangely enjoy the car just as much as I did when I got it. Can't see me selling it either as it's a great little reliable car (touch wood).

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That like was for your bird, not the seats ;)

In seriousness, I've just put Recaros in mine, they don't seem as supportive as the standard seats but the look ace.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That like was for your bird, not the seats :wink:

In seriousness, I've just put Recaros in mine, they don't seem as supportive as the standard seats but the look ace.

Haha cheers mate.

Yeah I can see what you mean. Worth it for the looks though.

They're in mint condition though, very happy with them.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Haha cheers mate.

Yeah I can see what you mean. Worth it for the looks though.

They're in mint condition though, very happy with them.

If you've got the money/if Jon still does them, I'd recommend the lowered frames from @JON FOZ.

I got both his standard height ones and lowered ones and the lowered ones make the driving position so much better.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Seats look great
I would get some alacantra cleaner for the seats.Brings them up great

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Errr no thanks haha. Ive seen people sort it on suede steering wheels so there must be a way!