ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Davys 172 Flamer!

2004 Clio 182 cup
There easy to do mate just take your time. I had no experience what so ever an i fitted mine. Mine came with 182 runners so was pretty straight forward, hardest bit was getting them in the car without catching the outside. Mines not my daily so wasnt really any pressure if things went tits up. Other that that easy enough mate good luck.

Attachments

• 20170122_114737.jpg
    20170122_114737.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170122_114854.jpg
    20170122_114854.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 80
  2004 Clio 182 cup
Cheers mate, yours look great.

Yeah, should just be undo the 4 bolts, old out, new in, then ill worry about the wiring later!
Cheers mate, yours look great.

Yeah, should just be undo the 4 bolts, old out, new in, then ill worry about the wiring later!
I paid 650 for mine. Silly money if you ask me but they are a huge improvement. Put me back a good few month for my turbo conversion but they are the dogs b****cks.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Threaded bars on bottom of the frames damage the paint
Threaded bars on bottom of the frames have damaged threads and nuts dont spin on properly
Threaded bars inaccessable
Old nuts don't undo or have been welded on
Wiring Melts
Seat Airbags go off
Seats eject @Davyy through the roof and land on the injectors
Seats blow away in the wind into a river

Funniest thing I've read for a while, flol

Brilliant. Especially the injector part. Oh and the river part.

Top draw

The seats in my car were only fitted a year or so ago, so im hoping they come out easily enough! May have wiring issues.. the old owner of my car completely hacked that!

:) Sorry pal - You'll be fine, just CS "bants" lol - The wiring can be sorted, or as above, hidden away and turned off electronically

Funniest thing I've read for a while, flol

Brilliant. Especially the injector part. Oh and the river part.

Top draw

Just laughed at my own post 😂

@Davyy Last seen on Sunday fitting seats and adjusting injectors.
View attachment 177144

LOL

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
With regards to cleaning them, I've just got some Raceglaze Alcantara cleaner and a soft brush from Polished Bliss as mine as a bit shiny and mucky in places.

Not used it yet so can't comment on how good it is but I'm using it at the weekend so will let you know if it's any good.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Barely used anything mate. Quick scrub over and then very light use of the hairdryer.. pretty much dry now and got out a couple of tiny tiny marks. There was a bit of shine on the drivers base and the drivers bit where the seatbelt comes over.

Shiny bit on the seat base..

IMG_6480.JPG

Drivers bit..

IMG_6484.JPG

Made quite a difference, and pretty much dry..

image.jpg

They look similar to how mine were pal

Check my thread, Raceglaze seems to do the trick and it's safe to use on Alcantara material. Have to be careful with it, the same as the 1*2 seats etc that you don't ruin it or end up bobbling it to high heaven.

They will however look spot on when they are in the car themselves and you don't see it when you sit on them anyway lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like burgundy in that picture! I hope the colour match is okay to the rest of your car. I know with inferno it can be the identical colour, but the spoiler due to its shape looks different.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks like burgundy in that picture! I hope the colour match is okay to the rest of your car. I know with inferno it can be the identical colour, but the spoiler due to its shape looks different.

Yeah it looks a bit dark. Will be hard to tell until ive given the car a clean.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Brand new upper brake light as I managed to crack the old one upon removal. Now to try and fit it without breaking it.

IMG_6488.JPG

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I think it's physically impossible to remove the brake light without cracking it, or in my case it definitely was!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe best to fit it from inside the car mate so it's no chance of scraping the roof. Upto you though!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Maybe best to fit it from inside the car mate so it's no chance of scraping the roof. Upto you though!

Couldnt work out what you meant mate as you cant access the holes with the boot shut. Managed to do it without it rubbing etc, so no damage. But the colour is a bit off. Im not sure if its because my car needs a good wax and its very very dirty (3months since last wash), but the spoiler is a bit too red/dark.

IMG_6494.JPG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ahh, thought youd be able to access the two middle ones. Looks good in the pictures, but only you know in person. If it's not right, take it back and get it done again.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Does look a bit too dark in the pics, but it all depends what it's like in person.

I had a cup spoiler painted Inferno and it is a bit more orange than the rest of the car but you can't tell unless you properly look at it under artificial light.