ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-chavvin' project

After playing too much need for speed, i ended up doing this to my car, quite a few of you on here have seen it in other threads and hated it :D and i have been the centre of a few snowflow and baby eating bumper jokes, but now i'm slowly, but surley trying to fix it lol.

How it used to look.
f_resized3m_00c4302.png

f_resized2m_c42c9ad.png

After removing the body kit and fitting some standard bumpers i have managed to get it looking a bit better. Still missing a renault badge and the front trims from the bumper, but here's now it looks now. ;)

Needs a good clean and when i get my next payday, the damage left by the sideskirts will be getting sorted and i plan to colour code the trim, oh and i lowered it a few days ago.
f_2m_1e085ea.jpg

f_1m_498b8c5.jpg

Pics aren't great, but il get some decent ones when the car is finished.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Get that twin zaust off, some new tidy wheels and do the colour coding you planned on and it will be looking tidy then!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol sleast it wasn't painted some spastic colour. It will look alright soon enough

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
not fancy sticking a sport kit on it instead? didn't like it before, looks much better already if a little normal!

alien green rs133
i read the first clause, then looked at pics and roffled, i read the rest of what you wrote once i have cleaned up the beer thats squirted across the room from laughing

Been to the scrappy close to me and have now have the trim to the front bumper and a renault badge. :)

Need to wait for some goodish weather before i can start to colour code the bumpers, will probally be after christmas. It's snowing down here atm.

It has a 182 interior :) Hopefully on Sunday if it isn't raining/snowing il give it a good clean up and get some better pics.

Golf GTD Mk7
you selling the kit mate? could do with it on my rb 182 :rasp:. Seriously though i'm sure you could get something for it if it's not in bad nick.

Bit of an update.

New wheels :) Colour coded the side strips and given it a good wash.

f_mnwitm0qm_aafaca1.jpg

f_2m_cfb7bc8.jpg

f_3m_781fb54.jpg

f_4m_7729770.jpg

f_5m_47d006f.jpg

f_6m_ca552d9.jpg

f_7m_e6e3e4e.jpg

f_anh9x5hhm_efe94a3.jpg

Want some stretched tires and spacers now. Currently i have 195/50/R15's on there, i guess 165/50/R15s for some decent stretch? Not sure where i can get them fitted seen the lighting brake cleaner trick to pop them on the wheel, but don't fancy that, will any garages do it? I've heard Bridgestone Potenza's stretch well too.

When the weather is better gonna get the rest of the colour coding done too, and paint the rear badge.

Next thing to buy will be some fog lights, and when i get some more money find a replacement for the hideous exhaust, any suggestions? Was thinking a stealth one maybe.

Comments welcome :) (I know a bunch of you on here will hate the bra :rasp:)

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nay bad, getting better. ANy reason why the drivers headlight fits so poorly?

Black Clio GT
you need a tyre shop with a bead blaster for 165s on a 7 wide wheel.
if you do go for stretched tyres you will need a 20mm spacers and some camber too
buy a k-tec stealth next and get that drivers side light fitted propperly.....

on the right tracks now though........

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
looking loads better already. ive just got some 165/50/15 bridgestone potenzas for mine. there the streched tyres you want ;)

De-mist your headlights aswell

Looks amazingly better with those wheels.

I wont lie it looked very s**t before, Just didnt work and everything looked stuck on.

Is the skirt damage just stuck on glue or is that the paintwork damaged with primer showing?

Get it colour coded, RS grille and some nice touches and it will look very presentable.

Looks amazingly better with those wheels.

I wont lie it looked very s**t before, Just didnt work and everything looked stuck on.

Is the skirt damage just stuck on glue or is that the paintwork damaged with primer showing?

Get it colour coded, RS grille and some nice touches and it will look very presentable.

Yeah that's damage left behind by the side skirts, it going to need spraying and blending in, the damaged when i finally got the glue off it was down to bare metal so put a little bit of primer over. :(

looking loads better already. ive just got some 165/50/15 bridgestone potenzas for mine. there the streched tyres you want ;)

De-mist your headlights aswell

Yeah i have de-misted them just the over week had my full beams on with some cardboard covering them, but it's back already, gonna need to get them off and get the water out properly, at the same time i'll have a crack and getting the drivers side fitted better.

Were about did you get your tires fitted? Few places just gave me a funny look when i asked if they would fit 165's to a 7j wheel.

BG 182 FF
million time better now, imo you need rs grille and fog lights and lose the zorst and bonnet bar and will look smart.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
looks good, abit like bifcaids one tho lol,

personally id remove the tints off the back window,
its abit too black for me,

get some poke on those wheels too,
get them out the arches!

looks a lot better now man,

whats your plans??
get some fogs? xenons

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
You started dechavving and now it appears you are chavving it back :(

Apologies - Just the opinion of an old un.