ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decembers regular-Christmas meet?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, so as usual we will have our monthly meet in December.

Been thinking about what was discussed at the September meet about making a night out so thought we could combine the two.

My proposal is Birmingham due to the fact it's central for most people, good transport links and places to stay (cheap travelodge) We go out for something to eat (possibly buffet place, something for all) and then a few drinks after...and a few more...and some more.

Now obviously people will need to make arrangements so this needs to be decided on asap and also may need to pick depepnding on where we eat.

This doesn't have to be on the usual day of the monthly and can even be a weekend.

A mid week night out (with work off the next day) would be a lot easier to sort for myself and work but I think I may be in the minority. So who's up for it.

If so please add your name to the list and a rough idea of what you're willing to do and when?

1) Mharvey - pref week day - any food - Cheap accom or travel back late

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Cerrone; Liquid diet, get smashed better if a weekend but can do weeknight

BG182ff,explod Focus
A mid week night out (with work off the next day) would be a lot easier to sort for myself and work but I think I may be in the minority. So who's up for it.

Come on mate, everyone knows that if it's a Mat Harvey Production then you won't be turning up anyway so it doesn't matter about being during the week :p

I'd be happier with a Friday or Saturday so we can make a night of it but could do a mid week if I had some notice so I could arrange cover at work.

2) Stokie4ker - pref weekend because it's better - yes for food and I'll be stopping the night

2) Stokie4ker - pref weekend because it's better - yes for food and I'll be stopping the night
3) Tom - Friday or Saturday

If some people want to share a cab back into Wolves it'll be about £30 between us. I have two very soft three person sofas and a spacious floor for anyone who wants to crash. Sharing a cab will be much cheaper than a hotel and there's an xbox and/or poker at mine and the drinking could continue.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Shut up Stokie lol, that's happened once and was completely out of my control.
Tom that's a great offer and despite being in Wolves too I may come just for the banter/man love

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Shut up Stokie lol, that's happened once and was completely out of my control. Who lost your keys? (ssshhhhh ;))
Tom that's a great offer and despite being in Wolves too I may come just for the banter/man love

Tom has bulk ordered Elephant rohypnol in advance from Amazon Black Friday so wants to use it before it is out of date.

I am fine whenever just as long as there is bit of notoce to book time off and have money spare between pay days.

Around the world in 80 dishes is good idea as they should have something for ALL pallets and it will all taste same if there are upchuckers amongst us. Not had proper session in years...so might be a bit of a lightweight...:eek:

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
1) Mharvey - pref week day - any food - Taxi to Tom's
2) Cerrone - Liquid diet, get smashed better if a weekend but can do weeknight
3) Stokie4ker - pref weekend because it's better - yes for food and I'll be stopping the night
4) Tom - Friday or Saturday - Taxi to Tom's
5) Don -Whenever - I'm easy...everyone knows it.

1) Mharvey - pref week day - any food - Taxi to Tom's
2) Cerrone - Liquid diet, get smashed better if a weekend but can do weeknight
3) Stokie4ker - pref weekend because it's better - yes for food and I'll be stopping the night
4) Tom - Friday or Saturday - Taxi to Tom's
5) Don -Whenever - I'm easy...everyone knows it.
6) Addicted - Fri/Sat - food and pos night out (crash at Toms if pos(?) & if i do go out)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I am going to suggest that this is done on week commencing Monday 3rd December.

This is so that work Xmas do's dont correspond with our date(s) and the hotels arent jam packed with punters for this reason.

What are people's thoughts on that week???

(I know it sounds early...but means we can have a good laugh and not have to juggle arrangements which will probably be happening in the 2 weeks after that...)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Not a bad idea Don, I would need to know by like Tuesday though to book work off as I'm working Friday and Saturday night and from the responses above its going to be one of those. Anymore for anymore? I'll pm everyone when home from work about 11 today.

Yeah no problem Matt.

As for the Week of the third, I can't do Saturday (8th) as I am already out that weekend in Wolverhampton. :(

If it's a weekday, I can get the time off short notice BUT it'd have to be a Tuesday/Thursday otherwise everywhere will be dead, if open.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

sorry, couldn't resist.

I concure with Don, Friday would indeed be spiffing :drunk:

You meam Tom? ;)

Mandy and I have just gone down to Broad Street to see what is there...and the traffic was heaving...on a weekday night, I think its gonna be a nightmare finishing work on Friday afternoon and trying to teararse into Brum.

Would Saturday be better so we have more time available and we dont have to rush through stressful traffic to get into Brum? Could also mean Mr. Hopkins can join us as he wont have to open up the following morning.

We need to be sure whether we are doing food or just drinking...obviously if its food first, we can get there bit earlier to begin eating before the drinking session.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think driving into birmingham for a night out is never a good idea. I'd honestly just leave the car at home and hop on a train or get a lift.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I too wouldn't be driving, was thinking about 8pm so shouldnt be too much of an issue getting there after work on a Friday. I'll get train up there and jump in a taxi with whoever. Were you planning on leaving your car in an overnight car park then Don?

As for Fred he said he'd be good for most nights if we let him know as he tries to work less in December.

Think food for all would be a good idea?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah I too wouldn't be driving, was thinking about 8pm so shouldnt be too much of an issue getting there after work on a Friday. I'll get train up there and jump in a taxi with whoever. Were you planning on leaving your car in an overnight car park then Don?

As for Fred he said he'd be good for most nights if we let him know as he tries to work less in December.

Think food for all would be a good idea?

Mandy has offered to be my designated driver. So was gonna park somewhere (probably pay car park) then once drinks had finished I would get lift home.

GW Stage 2 R26
Do you lot ever have any meets closer to the shires?? Shropshire/Herefordshire way?? Never done the forum/meet thing before.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Count me in. I'm up for this. Ill stop either travel lodge or at toms. Gotta be a weekend. Brum would be s**t on a week night.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Do you lot ever have any meets closer to the shires?? Shropshire/Herefordshire way?? Never done the forum/meet thing before.

November meet was in Telford...;)

The issue is that there aint too many of us in the Shires...most members are Wolverhampton/Birmingham area(s). Its normally me doing the travelling.

As Matt said when is this happening? May well pop along.

Don't seem like many are going!

**edit**

RR day the end of feburary??

Come on guys! Pull yer fingers out and get this sorted. Christmas is a busy time.... The longer you leave it the harder it will get to get more people involved.

Edit:

Consequently, I've now got plans this Saturday and next Friday and Saturday and maybe this Friday (unless you decided to go out this Friday). :/

Last edited:
  BG182ff,explod Focus
What's happening then. Is next weekend ideal? Saturday night is that the general consensus?

Good job I checked this before I booked a hotel for this Friday, would have been a quiet night on my own.
So does next Saturday mean 8th or the 15th?

Come on guys! Pull yer fingers out and get this sorted. Christmas is a busy time.... The longer you leave it the harder it will get to get more people involved.

Edit:

Consequently, I've now got plans this Saturday and next Friday and Saturday and maybe this Friday (unless you decided to go out this Friday). :/

Unless we do go this Friday like wot Tom said :clap:

And any suggestions for the best hotel to book for where we will be drinking so I don't have far to stumble would be appreciated.

That reminds me, where will we be drinking?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm flexible on what date it is as long as its a Friday or Saturday.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Guys, come on............I made sure I wasn't working this weekend so I could make it down to Brum.

Well I'm just going to sit here and hold my breath until Mat or Don say it's on, don't make me do it cus I will :mad: