ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Tuition !!

Abarth 500
Hey guys,

Not really had much to post in here of late as you all seem to be doing a good job of detailing your own cars and answering each others questions :cool:

Thought I'd share a few images from a one-to-one tuition detail I hosted this past weekend gone. Nothing special really, just a NHB Civic Type-R, but was hoping to show that even with little or no experience with a bit of guidance it is possible to get great results, and of course picking up some tips and experience along the way will stand you in good stead for detailing your own cars for many years to come :approve:

Arrived in a pretty shocking state - owners experience was extremely limited, not even put the two bucket method into practice prior to the day!!

IMG_6080_zpsaeba5d1c.jpg

Showed him everything from the basics to claying and onto machine polishing and hand finishing;

IMG_6084_zpsdf892593.jpg

IMG_6088_zps8a4d1b17.jpg

IMG_6089_zpse963513c.jpg

IMG_6090_zpse9d0d824.jpg

IMG_6091_zps9bcfc688.jpg

IMG_6093_zps9fa4ac7e.jpg

And the finished results;

IMG_6105_zps6bffcbf8.jpg

IMG_6108_zps080fa020.jpg

IMG_6110_zpsdbf36746.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Matt.

Clio World Series
Looking clean! I might get polisher its a hand ache doing it by hand is it best to use that tape?just started getting my detailing kit ready.it will have its 1st time full clean! Clay who do u apply that or use it never used it ? Any tips would be great.

Abarth 500
I use the tape to save the very edges of the panels where the paint is thinnest and also so that you are not overworking the panel edges (as you naturally run over the edges with the pad to polish the whole panel). Results are certainly more consistant with a machine.

Regarding claying you do it after the car has been washed, de-tarred and de-ironed. Top tip: make sure the panel is well lubricated!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Products used via polishing Matt? Water and a cloth would correct that stuff. ;)

I just love working on Jap paint.

Abarth 500
That was Ultrafina on a LC Hydro-Tech finishing pad mate :)

I've done dozens of Honda's, I haven't really come across any that have needed more cut! As you know it's so easy to get high correction, but of course on the soft paint it isnt as easy to leave a hologram free finish. I prefer harder stuff tbh!