ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

different size wheels on front ? (spare)

clio 3 rs 200
hi,i just wanted to check on this if anyone knows for sure,im looking to get a spare for long journeys,either an espace steel spare or put a tyre on one of my 197 alloys that came on my 200.
my current wheels size is 620mm
steel spare off espace is 654mm
i have a 205 40 17 which was a leftover from my st, i could put it on a 197 alloy this would be 596mm
i know the diff would sort stuff out to a certain extent but what about a long drive home..?

cheers cliff...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm sure itd be fine to get you to a local tyre place... But why not just get a 215/45/17 tyre to put on the 197 wheels as a spare?

And if you get a Laguna/espace spare wheel. Make sure it clears the brembos before you rely on it.

clio 3 rs 200
I was going to check the part number of the espace wheel to the wheel to the one I've seen peeps buy on the forums. .but it's Prob worth checking it clears aswell..I just have a 205 tyre knocking about in the shed. .and im on 235's at the mo anyway. .dont want to spend too much on a spare I might never use..that's why I wondered if it was ok for a long journey. .typically I'm driving a fair way when there will be nowt open...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It'll be fine, remember most cars have space savers that are a totally different size. It'll pull and not drive nicely but as a get you home deal so long as the wheel clears everything don't worry about it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Civic type r's have such small ones they only fit on the back!

So if you get a puncture on the front you have to put the space saver on the back and the back on the front!

clio 3 rs 200
Actually that's a good idea. .It solves the problem of I do that anyway and is probably better to have a spazzy sized wheel on the back anyway.
Why didn't I think of that. .?
Cheers. .problem solved