ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need a new dog bone?

Clio 182, BMW 645
Ok, I think I need a set of new dog bone bushes but wanted to know what you guys think...

Recently I've been getting a bit of a slap/snap and knock/bang when hitting the throttle. Do you guys think it is the dog bone bushes? If not what else could it be?

I've had a look and I can't see any noticable wear but I'm not sure I would be able to see the wear unless it is really bad anyway.

Cheers in advance.
Ollie

the symptoms for needing dogbone - under engine breaking the exhast will slap off the crossmember as the dogmount is allowing it to move back and forwards.

i havent expeicanced it on acceleration before though ? engine mount?

Clio 182, BMW 645
Thanks for the response dude. I had another look today and also checked the engine mounts. I can't see any issues with them so I'm gonna put it down to paranoia. After all it only happens on rare occasions.

Might take it to a garage for a check too though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Have you looked at the lower gearboxmount.. Recently replaced mine and has tightened my engine up a lot!