ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dragonvilles Retail Park - Sunday 12th February @ 3pm

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Just a local meet for all Clio's. Sport's and non-sport's welcome!

Few lads on RenaultdCi.net are meeting up, bit of banter and photo's.

Sunday 12th Feb 2012. Dragonvilles Retail Park @ 3pm
Unit 1, Durham City Retail Park
Sunderland Road
Rennys Lane
Durham
DURHAM
DH1 2HJ

Ged

PD130 Peach
You know im there :) Just washed my car actualy ;)

actualy, any chance of making it a bit later... people will still be shopping haha

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'll be there mate, how about near b&q? Wont be as busy over that way

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
stole from dans thread;

Heres all the details, pretty similar to last years Jan Meet on here, it would be great to see some of you there. Are you going to put it in the NE Section for me?:

Afternoon all,
February 12th brings along the next little get together for the North East lot, and by the looks from the other thread there should be a good turnout.
The rough plan is:
-Meet at Mangos for 1pm (spot 1)
-Few car park pictures and natter
-Head along to The Sundial for 3pm (spot 2)
-The Sundial Pub is a "Hungry Horse" so they have the usual 2for PubMeals
-Pool tables are pretty good to
-Drive through to Newcastle quayside after the pub 4/430 ish
-Pictures at the Sage/Millenium bridge car park as the light goes
That sound good to the general population?
Heres the directions for those travelling, anyone else need any help drop me a message and ill make sure your good
smiley1.gif

map1-3.jpg
map2-3.jpg

what are peoples thoughts?

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I might do Shields, only if the lads who said they would go to Dragonsville can make it.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Im tempted to pop along to the dragonsville. Shields is only down the road too like

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Will give shields a miss, car is rather low and I cba with the speed bump / scrape situation.

If people still want to come to dragonville I'll be there, dont want to be gatecrashing a sax-p meet. Unless the sax-p lot fancy coming to dragonville which would be good, last time we were at shields for CS it was mega busy,

Can always grab some food in pizza hut / kfc at dragonville if you're fat like me and will no doubt get hungry :)

Heres my mobile number if anyone needs to contact me : 07828922497

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
High Five!!!

On another note, last time I was at shields it was in the trophy, 2 days later it blew up, bad memories. I'm not tempting fait haha

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the speed bumps arent that bad at shields... unless your car is lower than jons? :p

last years shields meet was awesome, best on the north east has had in terms of amount of cars

063.jpg

lol at hutchies parking
076.jpg

i cant find the panorama of all the cars :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
My Car is quite a bit lower than jons haha, like a ground clearence of 2" max on the front end.

Need to adjust it though and make it sensible, thinking I will bite the bullet and turn up to shields, I cant run from the place forever, however bad the memories are :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Its running mega rake atm mate, wound the bilsteins quite far down on the front, took the adjusters out the back but because its stripped out its got nothing over the rear end to adjust the ride height so its running nose down with not much ground clearence.

Going to sort it out tonight as I'm really unhappy with it, it looks silly

I would have thought it would be undrivable like that lol! Im happy with my ride hight now, But when i get round to fitting a splitter i may have to rase it up slightly.

Chris you will know wheres the best place to get the camber done on the car? I have tried a few places but they say its to low to do anything with lol!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I would have thought it would be undrivable like that lol! Im happy with my ride hight now, But when i get round to fitting a splitter i may have to rase it up slightly.

Chris you will know wheres the best place to get the camber done on the car? I have tried a few places but they say its to low to do anything with lol!

I just set it up by eye mate, Ideally you need somewhere with laser allignment but theres no where decent in the north east for it, I wouldnt take it to revolution

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dont be shy then, get yourself involved if you do turn up lol, cant stand it when people come to their first meet then just sit in their car scared to say hello :)

Titanium 182

Try here mate http://www.alignmycar.co.uk

Still dont see what the issue is with Revolution, they have a start if the art machine. Yes its more money, but worth it in my eyes

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You can have all the machines you can afford mate, still wont make much difference if the operator is clueless :)