ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Help/Advise Please!!

Nez

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White Megane R26 F1 230
Right.. I won a CD Changer for my 182 on Ebay. Got it for £24 +£15 postage.

After scratching my dash :mad: getting the Headunit out and fitting it the magazine would not eject. I tried the manual eject and that didn't work either.

So I contacted the seller to say it was faulty and would be sending it back to her. She has said she is only going to give me the £24 back, so it is going to leave me £30 out of pocket! as I'll have to pay to post it back.

Can she do this? I think its really wrong..

The item description said "Perfect working order" and its not..

Can anyone offer any advise?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could contact ebay/ paypal , explain the problem but tbh you will have to foot the cost of return posting with proof of postage , probably not what you want to hear but ebay / paypal aren't as helpful as they used to be .

That was their resolution for an item i was unhappy about , but i never took it any further as it only cost me a couple of quid and would have cost more in postage than the item was worth .

You could try disconnecting the lead from the headunit then reconnecting , see if it spits the magazine out , are you sure its loaded the right way round ?

You have 90 days to leave feedback , mark it up on your calendar and leave negative feedback with a few mins to go , won't give her time to leave you negative feedback ;)

Nez

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White Megane R26 F1 230
I did offer to pay to post it back if she'd refund the first postage, but she's still not having it. Would the 'Report item not received or not as described' process help?

I could understand if I'd bought the wrong thing but its faulty I shouldn't have to pay anything.

I knew I shouldn't have tried to do this on the cheap..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nez said:
I did offer to pay to post it back if she'd refund the first postage, but she's still not having it. Would the 'Report item not received or not as described' process help?

I could understand if I'd bought the wrong thing but its faulty I shouldn't have to pay anything.

I knew I shouldn't have tried to do this on the cheap..

Yeah , report it as " item not described " . I'm guessing the £15 she charged you for the p+p was more than it actually cost so she made a few quid on the p+p , common practice on ebay .If you go down this route you " might " get back more than the £24 it cost you for the changer , but ebay/ paypal will still insist you pay the return postage which imo is wrong if somebody has sold you faulty goods . Don't let it put you off ebay mate , there are lots of good bargains to be had and lots of good honest ebayers out there . I've bought n sold hundreds of items and only had about 3 problems in the last 3 and half years .

Good luck :)

Nez

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White Megane R26 F1 230
The sticker on the Jiffy bag (yes a JIFFY bag!) said £9.84.. She could have spent the extra £5 she made on a bit of bubble wrap and a box! And this might not have happened.

Cheers mate

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Monaco Blue Mk2
Jiffy bag...oh dear, no wonder it's broke. My bargain CD changer off ebay came in 3 layers of buble wrap in a jiff bag and then in a polystyrened box. Good luck mate, hope you get it sorted.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
report it to e-bay on the process you've already mentioned and also apply for a refund through paypal (hope you used it!!) This way they will debit her account for the full ammount immediately while the case is going on, the buyer just about always wins. Don't you just hate some of the thieving ragger scum you get on ebay, ticks me off. If you need any other help or advice PM me, I love getting my teeth into these scumbags

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol leave her negative feedback! If you leave it first they can't leave it for you i learnt this the hard way when some goon didn't have the money to buy something he'd one and left me negative feedback saying i hadn't replied to his non existent e mails! Again ebay weren't very helpful in withdrawing the feedback so it still stands!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sorry JJsRT , your wrong . Of course they can leave negative feedback , don't know where you got your info from , lol . You have 90 days to leave feedback so leave it on the 89th day with just a few mins to go so they dont' see it in time to leave you negative feedback , lol .

Nez

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White Megane R26 F1 230
I've started the 'Significantly Not as Described Dispute' with paypal, just waiting for her to reply. She has already left possitive feedback for me as I paid within 10mis of the item being won..

If I get my refund of £24 + £15 I will give her neutral feedback, If not.. it will be a VERY negative comment!

She has a week to sort her act out or I'll escalate the dispute and let paypaid decide the outcome.

Fingers crossed.

Nez

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White Megane R26 F1 230
I think its just the CD trays have opened inside, which is stopping it from ejecting. I was going to open it up and have a look, but its got them screws that need a special tool. Also If I mess about with it any c**k it up I'll not see any money.

I need to speak to Renault today anyway so I'll ask if they can fix it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If she sold you a faulty item - which she obviously did then just say it never turned up and get your money back from paypal !!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ He's already told her that its faulty , nice try tho ;)
Plus it might have been sent recorded delivery so she can check .