ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrics

Since swapping my dash and fitting my battery relocation kit i have now got some electrical problems!

* My rear demister button knocks out all my dash lights
* Passenger window switch on the drivers door kills all the electrics when i press it. Driver window works fine and passenger window switch works fine too
* When i rev the car after 2k the speedo goes up to between 20 & 30mph when standing still
* When driving above 4k revs the speedo shoots round to 160mph no matter what gear i am in

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Thats what i thought but i have moved the earth on the relocation kit to under tho boot catch, cleaned all of the paint off down to the bare metal too. Engine bay i have the engine earthed too the chassis too. Could it maybe be a faulty battery or maybe 1 of the 3 earths under the dash?

From what i remember i connected all 3 back up. Saying that am i right in thinking 2 of the screws under the top dash has 2 connectors to screw in? Hmm may have to pull the top off tomorrow and double check

Found it, pulled the top of the dash off and there it was looking right at me! 1 of the earth wires wasn't screwed down :)