ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay cosmetic improvements

Right, after finally posting for the first time at the beginning of last month in the “New to ClioSport?” section and receiving a warm welcome from a few members I thought it was about time I put up some new pictures of my latest work on my car.

If you read my previous thread you may have seen that at the time I was waiting on a Matched Inlet manifold to be delivered. Well a few weeks ago it arrived and I set about fitting it. However since I had to take the Inlet plenum and Throttle body off as well I thought that it would be a good time to give the top of the engine a bit of a cosmetic improvement.

And since I’ve only just got round to taking some finished pictures this evening, I thought I would upload them here to see peoples opinions.

This is how the engine bay looked prior to me starting any work:

28qt151.png

And this is how it looks now:

k9wdh2.png

122ltdy.png

30mtic9.gif

^ I also masked up the throttle body and painted that and polished the metal lip that surrounds the black area on the front. I also cleaned it internally and removed the small amount of grime that had built up around the edges of the butterfly valve.

I’m really happy with the end result, and already have a few more ideas for little bits to improve visually here and there within the engine bay.

Thanks for reading.

BG PH1 Megane 225
Looks nice and tidy, recently painted my inlet manifold matt black but was too scared to paint the throttle body to match :eek: should clean my air box really as that's looking shabby now. You noticed any improvement with the matched inlets?

lovely mate, really like that.
Thank you very much :D

Looks nice and tidy, recently painted my inlet manifold matt black but was too scared to paint the throttle body to match :eek: should clean my air box really as that's looking shabby now. You noticed any improvement with the matched inlets?
Thanks, in regards to your question about noticing any improvement, in my mind the car does seem to accelerate slightly smoother now, but whether that’s just a placebo effect, I'm not entirely sure.