ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine / bulkhead noise......standard stuff :/

2003 Clio 172
Hi gang,

Standard Clio stuff again, so I have noticed the old buzzing noise against the bulkhead getting worse of late when tramping on.

I already have the dogbone mount powerflexed so I doubt it is that. however, the top engine mount was about 3 years old so I swapped that out yesterday for a new Febi item

But I still seem to have the noise.

How much would the upper gearbox mount contribute to this happening? Think its only like £15 so I will drop one in today but was just wondering if anyone has actually found a better way to stop this happening?

I don't want to get into the whole pulling the engine forward thing as this is a new mount. And yes, I had the powerflex insert in and it was just too much vibration for my liking. Just to clarify, this car sits in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours a day and it was.....well.....grating a bit.

I am sure this didn't happen out of the factory (or did it?)

Regards
Andy