ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine conversion

Clio 1.8rsi 8v
Hi there I have a mk1 clio rsi and also a peugeot 406 turbo and want to do a engine swap has any one dose this before and is it a easy swop and is the power gain worth it
And also is there any one who would like to untake this project thanks very much any help be brilliant thank you

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Never heard of anyone doing a pug engine into a clio or indeed any Renault tbh. F7P (1.8 16v) or F7R (2.0 16v) are the only straight forward ones that would make any sense in your car imo.

Clio 1.8rsi 8v
Thanks mate just thought 2.0 turbo be a giggle but testing the water as my little pug has severed me well and the engine and box are solid but body not so good lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It would be a nightmare without standalone management and custom mounts, shafts, exhaust etc. I think its probably one of those "If you have to ask its not for you" projects. Easier ways to skin a cat, go for one of them!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
"because I happen to have it already" is quite a poor way to pick an engine for a big project IMHO

As above, if you need to ask whats involved, its relatively unlikely its a good plan, but it depends how long you are prepared to throw at learning about and doing it I guess.

Clio 1.8rsi 8v
I don't wanna put in my self but pay some one and was just an idea really I just really want a turbo and not a 5 turbo but thanks for replying and the help

RS172
It'll cost you an arm and a leg, better off spending the cash on someone who's already turbo'd a 182 \172 mate

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If you really really want a turbo look into Volvo b18ft engines from 480s. It's not great tbh but you have the na version of it just now.
Paying someone to do a conversion would be stupidly expensive though it would make more sense to buy a car that came as a turbo already.