ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***Essex - North Weald Test & Tune - Sunday 13th May***

SG9 Forester STi
I'm a donut for posting this up so late so apologies for the late notice!

Anyway, as always this is a brilliant day out whether you sit and watch the track action or get involved and see what 1/4 mile time you can acheive. You get all types of cars on track from your bog standard 1.4 fiesta or Civic Type R to amazing sounding V8 Hot Rods so it's really good to watch and there's a variety of cars if you do go on track.

It's cheap to watch and cheap to race plus it's local and the weather is supposed to be good this weekend. What's not to like!?

Details:

North Weald: London's drag strip - CM16 6HR

Sunday 13th May 2012

TEST & TUNE

Spectator Addmission £10. Children Under 14 Free

The only thing you need to race is £10 for admission £25 signing on fee, helmets are provided if required.

You’ll be entitled to unlimited runs or as many as your nerves will allow.

After each run you will receive your personal timing ticket,
which will show your 1/4 mile time and terminal speed.

Test & Tune events are open to any car or bike - when they say any car they aren't kidding! The Transit owners club raced last year lol!

Signing - on starts at 8:30, with a capacity of 200 Racers.
Racing starts at appox 10am until 5pm

As I said before it really is a great day out whether watching or getting involved.

So, anyone fancy coming along?

1. Vickyx - Racing
2. Ben_r1 - Watching

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll come up for a laugh .. watching, not racing.

Do I need to bring my Towing-Bar incase you blow it up ? :rasp:

Maybe about 11am if that's not too late ? I'll probably do one by about 2pm to watch the F1 and get some grub.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
we will come, its good fun last time we went an ice cream van went up, lets hope the rain keeps off,

big boost cup
I might try and pop along to this and have a look at your nitrous install vicky as I may have to up my game now as your TBd.

SG9 Forester STi
I might try and pop along to this and have a look at your nitrous install vicky as I may have to up my game now as your TBd.

Lol still no competition I'm afraid. Think yours would kick mine!

It'll be a nervy day for me as I've not used the NOS with ITB's yet so will be the first time I've had a full go with 250+bhp. Scary! Especially as Ben's 197 spat his nitrous out in the way of a piston recently. :S

SG9 Forester STi
There's a big car park for spectators and plently of places for everyone to meet up. LOL! might be wise.

SG9 Forester STi
I'm both sorry and annoyed. Apparently after getting the car up on a ramp I need new driveshafts and the nos distributor couldn't fill
my bottle today so I now won't be going tomorrow.

There is another date coming up soon so I'll post well in advance and we'll make a meet of it.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
mark you was up late i had the wheels off at 6.30 sharp:approve: went to the pistonhead meet last night at colchester 500+cars. parked next to black megane r26 f1 ,club member and watched the cars bash their exhausts on the speed bumps, blue phase 1 with a stereo so loud in rattled the roof/ windows on pizza hut, it was great.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
mark you was up late i had the wheels off at 6.30 sharp:approve: went to the pistonhead meet last night at colchester 500+cars. parked next to black megane r26 f1 ,club member and watched the cars bash their exhausts on the speed bumps, blue phase 1 with a stereo so loud in rattled the roof/ windows on pizza hut, it was great.

keep me in the loop on these big meets!- also non CS ones

S

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Was good today. Nice variety of cars on and off the strip. See a AG200 having it large up there, cs sticker in rear window. :cool:

See toms_clio RB182 but no Tom :( was good to see tom172cup and Sarah :)

Was good today. Nice variety of cars on and off the strip. See a AG200 having it large up there, cs sticker in rear window. :cool:

Yer that was me in the AG clio was a good day.. I havent been on here much as i dont know any 1 lol.. The clio done a 15.5 which i am quiet happy about

big boost cup

nice to see you again Adam
I got distracted by the 57 belair in the car park and then couldnt find you after that

350z, Subaru Legacy

Those speed bumps would have eaten my car for breakfast, still I had fun in the 3 seater R26 though!

7196178858_01538d6aec_b.jpg

SG9 Forester STi
Not happy about missing this :(.

Brilliant weather as well! I will make sure that the next one is arranged well in advance. June I think it is, will check the dates.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not happy about missing this :(.

Brilliant weather as well! I will make sure that the next one is arranged well in advance. June I think it is, will check the dates.
vicky the next one is on june 17th same day as the french car show, how about about a meet at north weald at the squadron on sunday 3rd june, might be an idea to contact the airfield see if all okay though:approve: best car on the day was a black audi rs4 the traction off the line was superb.

SG9 Forester STi
I suspected it might fall on the same day. Shame really but there is another date later on (will have to check it). Yes squadron meet sounds good to me, send over a PM to discuss as as I'd like to see what the issues were with the last meets at the squadron. Then I'll send something onto them.