ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

evening piccies of instal

muz

big fat japanese bus
a6b5ac3a.jpg

amps on

DSC03417.jpg

amps off

c9351078.jpg

door pods with 6.5inch DLS UR6s

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Boots looks good , looks like some time and effort went into it , sorry to say mate the front speaker pods and wires let your efforts down .

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
speaker pods look a lot better if you trimmed them to match door cards!boot install looks tidy, i take it those subs are air tight under that false floor?

172 Cup
I don't see why you've made door pods, they look cack. Why not just stick components in the doors, and replace the tweeters on the dash? As for the boot build, it's not usually my thing, at least it's outta sight. Nice effort.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I would hazard a guess he's not finished with the door pods. Somone doesn't do that sort of install in the boot and leave the door looking like that. (least i hope not).

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Awesome boot, dodgy door pod... curious to why you spent time making the boot look professional, but not on the door pod? Unless its far from finished - Work in progress? Are you going to change the std suede for that blue fabric/material used on the pod?

Tyson.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm sure steven was going to get the sides re-trimmed so it doesn't look out of place. And i'm sure the cablin will be tided up too.

Top job mate.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I dont think the speaker would get in the way, its far better sound quality to have it aiming at your face, so well done for that. Althou why didnt you match the grey suade interior???

I hope the wiring is only temporary, i cant see the need to have it comnig over the clutch rest at all, and a bit of work will get the wire through with the existing wires in the door.

Boot looks great thou ;)

muz

big fat japanese bus
the pods are purely temp, I am redoing new door cards but might not be finished in time for FCS so I am making do with an alternate for now tooke me 20 mins last night ;)

. I merely put them in to set up the system. The speaker cabling wil not be seen, its mearly a work in progress. they dont intrude too much into the cabin TBH but my new ones will be fantastic.

My new door cards will be totally trimmed in that blue alcntara in place of the purple, however I cant do it so I am relying on a compny to do it:(

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Glad to hear it is a work in progress job. Should look fantastic when its been finished. Good effort!

Tyson.

muz

big fat japanese bus
b3nje said:
speaker pods look a lot better if you trimmed them to match door cards!boot install looks tidy, i take it those subs are air tight under that false floor?

thats not a false floor thats a 2 cu ft sealed box

muz

big fat japanese bus
pecan said:
I don't see why you've made door pods, they look cack. Why not just stick components in the doors, and replace the tweeters on the dash? As for the boot build, it's not usually my thing, at least it's outta sight. Nice effort.

the positioning is a must, the standard tweeter locations are poor for a balanced soundstage, I need to put them on axis with the woofers so they are going in the A pillars

As for fitting a 6 1/2 inch speaker into a flimsy plastic 5 inch hole????