ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everybodys advice please

Yozza'd Titanium 182
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ

Ok as a few of you know ive got an 04 reg 182 on 12'000
I bought it standard and i havnt done much to it. This is when i bought it.

SDC10508.jpg

So far

. Lowered 35mm front and back
. Cambelt and aux belt done (after your advice)
. I have 12" sub with amp & head unit (nothing fancy)
. blue footwell neons front and back with a switch
. Small front reg plate
. Silver visions front and back
. A few cliosport.net stickers and the obvious GAS sticker on the front
. Silver sunviser across the top of the windscreen
. Megane spliter (as the car had nothing when bought)

So heres what it looks like now

DSC00188.jpg

09012010347.jpg

12102009144.jpg

04112009004.jpg

Now what im after is ADVICE and IDEAS for the new year, i want to do lots to my car, but unsure were to start.
I know that you all hate the sunviser, gas sticker and probably most of you the neon lights.

Other than that (which tbh they will probably be going) is there any ideas people have :)

Remove all the things that you mentioned, go wiith the standard CS things, cup spoiler, coilovers, turinis an a set of buckets.

Da

Less
We talking major mods or little add-ons?

Do you want it to look better or you after more power/better performance?

Do you plan to put it on track etc?

audi a6 3.0tdi
sell it and buy a nice 330d saves putting loads of money into a clio. Or just drive round as it is. I don't see the point of putting money into cars as its just lost money.

M2 Competition
Do what you want to do.

Dont just do things because you want to do things to your car!

Use your imagination and do what you think looks good :)

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I don't plan for the track no

Its mainly smaller mods. For looks and performance. Just wondering if i should move away from the subs and neons

remove stickers, gain an imagination and keep her clean and well maintained.

as it is its a basic RS to me, the mods you have done can hardly if at all be classed as proper mods if mods at all, thats not an insult however as bar the stickers the car looks great in standard form.

keep her tidy and OEM or start 'properly' modding, i.e exhaust, mapping... just dont keep it half arsed and neither

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I would get rid of the sub etc.. but thats cos personally i aint fussed bout that sort of thing plus extra weight. Think the foot wells look quite good actually, although maybe turn them down a bit if you can (more of a glow).

Strangely i kinda like the visor, looks good on a silver car!

Personally i would swap wheels, but go for something you want, not what everyone else has!!! I personally would go for something that looks track biased!!! Then see if it needs to go a bit lower with them on.

I would leave it at that for a while and see what you fancy after that!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Its tricky to please everyone but at the end of the day i guess its what i like and what i want.

The picture of the neon lights really doesnt do them justice and because i have made a really neat and tidy job of them (no wires and cant see the bulbs) they actually look quite good.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do to it what YOU want to do with it.

Take ideas but don't take advice on what to do, it's your car, don't mod it just to make CS happy, do what will make you happy.

What do you actually want to do to it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was my car, i'd be painting the wheels gloss black, smaller front splitter (megane facelift is cheap and looks like a cup one) remove the sub/neons/sunstrip and probably just leave it at that and enjoy driving it.

But as has already been said, its your car. We are all different and have different tastes so do what makes you happy.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i do agree that a cup splitter would look better, but considering payed the same price for that splitter as i do for a pint in my local its nott really worth it

Yozza'd Titanium 182
if you are worried about the price of a splitter you are best keeping it totally standard

not really, for example, id pay the price for a cup spoiler as theres not really a look alike alternative.

were as the splitter, i mean come on its not that bad

it is.

as i already said, if u plan to keep doing little costless mods then its better to keep it standard.

if u want proper mods then you need to save or use hidden funds, etc. i dont know your financial situation so cant speak, but if u dont choose a route it looks half arsed/chav

not that you'll listen

Megane 225
im gonna go against the grain here and say i think it looks mint! maybe not the sunstrip but hey, if its your thing! Would change all the dash bulbs to blue to match your footwell neons. Get some recaros about the situation, and either anthricite the existing wheels or get some KEI racing force 10 hyperblack wheels, quite a fan of them :cool:

then theres to boot, you can make a fake boot floor and put the amp and sub underneath it into the spare wheel space and it will look a hell of a lot more tidy.

M135i
Think the car looks nice as is in the main.

On a side note, can't believe how high it looks in the first picture!

If it was me, I'd save for a nice set of seats/buckets because I just can't get on with the driving position and seats in the 182.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
cheers mate, appritiate the comment, however 182s dont have a boot well due to the exhause, i need to get a good pic of the neons

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Think the car looks nice as is in the main.

On a side note, can't believe how high it looks in the first picture!

If it was me, I'd save for a nice set of seats/buckets because I just can't get on with the driving position and seats in the 182.

i think its the angle of the camera, that was before it was lowered

Yozza'd Titanium 182
im gonna go against the grain here and say i think it looks mint! maybe not the sunstrip but hey, if its your thing! Would change all the dash bulbs to blue to match your footwell neons. Get some recaros about the situation, and either anthricite the existing wheels or get some KEI racing force 10 hyperblack wheels, quite a fan of them :cool:

then theres to boot, you can make a fake boot floor and put the amp and sub underneath it into the spare wheel space and it will look a hell of a lot more tidy.

also, how would i go about the blue and is it legal?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Decat, exaust system, remap, remove acoustic valve, panel filter and then look into brake upgrades?