ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External Hard Drives

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
As my laptop is only 100GB capacity, I am looking into getting an external hard drive. Doesnt have to be sleek or thin as I wont be carting it around with me everywhere. I'll just be using it at home.

I've been looking on Ebay, and found something like this...

Clicky

Is this something which is ideal, or are there other, better alternatives from other places?

RS Clio 200
get a Western Digital My Book World Edition

you stick it on your network and can access anywhere u can login!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Any links? Or do I have to log on to Ebay again ;)

EDIT : I checked it out. I forgot to add, I aint paying over £200 either! lol :D

£70 tops, although that looked very good.

172cup
ive got a 300GB maxtor drive that is external... and it is very unreliable. Random information i know, but it has massive connectivity problems with the majority of computers. My gf has got a seagate external... and it is always crashing.

Never heard of Apollo but im not a computer geek. That seems expensive though

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i had a maxtor 300 gb one and it was the dogs danglies :)
cost me £70 aswell off here!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
£70 seems about right for a 300GB one then.

That one in the link is 400GB and £70. But I've never heard of Apollo either :S

Octy VRS
Didn't you buy an external caddy a while back? That's what I did anyway, so you can have smaller size HD's of say 160GB and less chance of losing everything you have on one large one. They swap over quickly when you need to.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Didn't you buy an external caddy a while back? That's what I did anyway, so you can have smaller size HD's of say 160GB and less chance of losing everything you have on one large one. They swap over quickly when you need to.

I did yeah, that was to transfer info off my old laptop harddrive (which went tits up) onto my new laptop.
My mate at work has a 250gb external HD, and it seems spot on. Now I'm on the newsgroups and Giganews I need more storage, so 400gb should do the job and keep me content for a few months! :)
I did a search on here for Freecom and got some good results and reviews.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I got mine from PC world its a freecom one and cost me 80 quid for 400b it was on offer should have been 135.99

I've just added the Freecom 500GB to my collection. Cost was £100 delivered from ebuyer :)

I've had the 400GB version for a long time and I've had no issues. Current storage = 1.7TB :D