ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

A shiny black one.
Only just realised you can make oil in the chemistry station. Acid/bone/water and metal. Gives cutting fluid which counts as 3 oil.

Listerine & Poledo
Only just realised you can make oil in the chemistry station. Acid/bone/water and metal. Gives cutting fluid which counts as 3 oil.
YES! SWEET!
Finally got to a quest point where they want me to wander into the Glowing Sea.... I think it's time for some side-questss

A shiny black one.
Love the glowing sea, I wondered in there before I was prompted through a quest as I as attracted by the lights.

No Spoilers, Just pics
2015-12-24_00002.jpg

2015-12-24_00003.jpg

2015-12-24_00004.jpg

2015-12-24_00005.jpg

Just incase I fancy a swim.
2015-12-24_00006.jpg

Not seen a live one of these, probably a good thing.
2015-12-24_00007.jpg

I look like a tit, but this is how I increased my settler limit to 26. I believe it's determined by charisma value +10 + any extras, e.g clothing and bobble heads.
2015-12-24_00008.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Found that this week as I've been working on discovering all the locations, think I'm about 10 short atm.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm playing this at the moment, my weapons now appear to be like pea shooters against everything, am I missing something obvious?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah you need to modify them. The snipers with a rate of fire around 30 are good. Railway gun is good aswell. There's a few sort of special guns that you'll find. They are the best of the lot

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Strength!!!

Guess I'll just crack on, finding it hard as so outgunned though!

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm about 60 hours into this now. Level 27, I have about 12 quests on the go ha. It's far too easy to get sidetracked going to a quest start point. 3 hours later and I still haven't started the quest!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That's the beauty of it mate. Eventually though, you'll be actively looking for quests. I've ran out

Cayman S Edition 1
Just shy of 200 hours now I think. Finished all the missions except for two that I can't complete due to glitches. Spending my time doing random side missions for the Minutemen and Railroad or defending settlements from attack. Most have large bases and defences as well now.

Roll on the new DLC.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm level 41 but no clue how many hours I've put in. Can't seem to find that info on the ps4. Must be around 100 hours though

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Started this the other night but it's been sat collecting dust since. I don't really know what I'm doing on it yet.

A shiny black one.
Started this the other night but it's been sat collecting dust since. I don't really know what I'm doing on it yet.
You're not the first person to feel like that when first starting, the game certainly isn't for everyone. Imo it's worth persisting with, maybe get your bearings and then re start a game.

I played my first fallout game over 15 years ago, each subsequent game was released with new features that took some getting used to, but certainly worth doing.

Do you spend a lot of time in the armour? I'm struggling to find fusion cores but feel like I need the armour to complete a few side missions.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Bought this on Wednesday, will probably have platinum'd by tomorrow - I need to get a life.

Great game though, really fun, made a build that really suited me and absolutely rinses. The Deliverer gun that you get when you join the Railroad, allows you to use more and more shots in VATS, combined with high perception and agility - then a few perks like Sneak and Action Boy and you can just annihilate everything.

Suzuki Jimny
I got this for christmas. Incredibly addictive, sit down just for 30 minutes and end up spending 3 hours on it.

I've lost my dog and the flying robot guy so pretty gutted :(

Cayman S Edition 1
I got this for christmas. Incredibly addictive, sit down just for 30 minutes and end up spending 3 hours on it.

I've lost my dog and the flying robot guy so pretty gutted 😧
Check around sanctuary hills. There's dog house behind one of the houses that he tends to hide in.

Golf R/Leon FR
I never use the power armor, I have around 40 fusion cores. I use the Silver Shroud outfit.
Level 29 now and 68 hours in.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've only used the power armour a couple of times. I prefer to have them on display!

Clio Trophy
for some reason i now have a 2 sec gfx freeze about every 40 secs, have tried removing all mods and setting gfx down, but still the same :S and i had not changed anything before :(

Listerine & Poledo
I hardly ever wear the power armour, I currently have 48 fusion cores.
Same. Unlike before where I'd wander about with laser and power armour 24/7
I'm playing this at the moment, my weapons now appear to be like pea shooters against everything, am I missing something obvious?
Find any double-barrel shotgun. Start piling perks into rifleman and watch as everything comes apart in front of you.
Pipe rifles are entirely gash, and you'll mostly loot those and 10mm pistols for your first dozen or so levels.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I dont even know where i left my only power armour lol. My gun of choice is the laser pistol thing or the shotgun. Only on level 11 i think but loving the game. Also havent built a base because i just couldnt be bothered.

Listerine & Poledo
havent built a base because i just couldnt be bothered.
And you don't have to either, well, other than for faction quests, but then you can get away with any old "that'll do" job.

A side-by-side shotgun and hunting rifle have been my default weapons since I picked them up. The gun nut and rifleman perks are really handy if you dont like automatic weapons, by rank 2 you can have a top-whack shotty and a very decent rifle.

Also, dont forget you can strip mods off of your existing guns and put them onto LEDGENDURREE!!! guns to make them even more boom-tastic

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've seen videos of base building and it does look impressive but i havent got the patience to fancy about doing that. With playing shooters since i can remember this game is amazingly made.

DCi
I have a selection of weapons
Shotgun with machete
silenced tommy gun
silenced 10mm pistol
Reba II (a powerful sniper)
a couple of laser guns

I keep running out of ammo though now.

did a quest the other day - it was my favourite so far "kid in a fridge" simply and short but made me laugh

Listerine & Poledo
I find the shotgun crap! All about the pipe rifles for me.
Unless it's got all the top parts on it, with some rifleman perks, and you're within 10ft of your target, yes, they're not great.

But a full-sized (full barrels) one dominates in situations that need close-range panic-fire. Seriously.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I stand by the Deliverer being the best weapon.

It increases the amount of AP you have in VATS, with some stat points in agility and perception you have lots of AP, plus the AP bonus from the gun, and you have good accuracy in VATS. Get the Sneak perk so you do 2.5x damage (then 3.0x, then 3.5x) while in sneak mode (crouching). Come up behind your enemy quietly or enemies and just take them out easy. I can take out Supermutant Behemoths or Queen Mirelluks in 5 shots doing this, and I can take 20+ shots in a single VATS session before using up all my AP.

It absolutely destroys everything, and it uses 10mm rounds which are cheap and common. Combine with other perks and legendary armour that increases VATS or AP refresh speed etc and you're king of the wasteland. I can just sneak into the middle of an area quietly, hit VATS and cycle through the targets, I'll take out most raiders, supermutants and synths with one bullet each, and because the Deliverer comes with a suppressor (so you don't have to upgrade Gunsmith perk) no one else in the area will hear you and you'll stay hidden.

For supporting weapons I have a kitted out .50 Sniper Rifle, and another Sniper Rifle that uses .38 rounds because .50 aren't so common. Then I also have Kellogs Pistol because it's incredibly powerful and good for close range stuff if I run out of 10mm rounds. And the Les Teribles legendary shotgun for when I need to go gung-ho.

Last edited: