ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

DCi
i dont think i got that far with railroad - it started during the quests with BOS when they were preparing to build the massive robot

i'd like to progress the minute men, but i keep getting 'settlement needs your help' so i think i need to progress somewhere else before i can help them

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just did tactical thinking - didn't realise as soon as i took the quest railroad would be my enemy

The next quest had a better idea where it said 'warning - when you get on the vertibird the institute will hate you for ever are you sure etc'

Oh well

Yeah, it's an inconsistency - because if you go the Institute route, when you do Mass Fusion, before you get in the relay to teleport it tells you the Brotherhood will be permanent enemies.

Does Tactical Thinking start when you see Desmonda and have to choose to side with the Minutemen or Railroad

I'm not quite sure - the Railroad, Brotherhood and Minutemen all have a very similar ending, the mission name is actually the same (The Nuclear Option) because all three want to end the Institute, if you go with the Institute you get a different final mission called Nuclear Family. However, the Brotherhood want to destroy all synths, whereas the Minutemen and Railroad both want to save anyone they can - so they're both very similar - I think you can ally the Minutemen with the Railroad.

i dont think i got that far with railroad - it started during the quests with BOS when they were preparing to build the massive robot

i'd like to progress the minute men, but i keep getting 'settlement needs your help' so i think i need to progress somewhere else before i can help them

You can't progress the Minutemen, they only have 5 story quests, once you get to the Settlement needs your help stage you've already done all you can with them, those quests go on forever.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Warning - this is properly a spoiler, only look at if you don't mind knowing what all the possible story quests are, how you can play them all and at what stage you'll become enemies with one faction or another.

Helpful Information
  • You can be in all factions at once if you want to.
  • I have marked the only times where a faction will turn permanently hostile.
  • You obviously don't want to go into a faction's base and start shooting them and this will make them hostile but not permanently.
  • There's only two saves you need to make i.e before "Mass Fusion" and before "End of the Line"
Quest Walkthrough
  • [Main Quest] War Never Changes
  • [Main Quest] Out of Time
  • [Minutemen Quest] When Freedom Calls
  • [Minutemen Quest] Sanctuary
  • [Minutemen Quest] Taking Independence
  • [Minutemen Quest] Old Guns
  • [Main Quest] Jewel of the Commonwealth
  • [Main Quest] Unlikely Valentine
  • [Main Quest] Getting a Clue
  • [Main Quest] Reunions
  • [Main Quest] Dangerous Minds
  • [Main Quest] Shattered
  • [Main Quest] The Glowing Sea
  • [Main Quest] Hunter/Hunted
  • [Main Quest] The Molecular Level
    • Halfway through this quest you need to go off and meet the Railroad
  • [Railroad Quest] Road to Freedom
  • [Railroad Quest] Tradecraft
    • This quest will allow you to join the Railroad faction.
Here's where things can get messy if you don't make saves. You will meet the Institute and advancing so far into this factions questline will make you an enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel. You want to start making manual saves when I say to. Be sure to remember which manual save is which.

Complete the following quests.
  • [Main Quest] Institutionalized
  • [Institute Quest] Synth Retention
  • [Institute Quest] The Battle of Bunker Hill
  • [Institute Quest] Mankind Redefined
  • [Institute Quest] [SAVE #1 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] Mass Fusion
    • Relaying to Mass Fusion will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel.
  • [Institute Quest] [IMPORTANT] Pinned
    Minutemen will be here during this quest if you have been following this Roadmap. Do NOT kill any of the Institute or help the Minutemen with their assault. You can either:
    • A) Go into the building you are supposed to go in. Just sit and wait for the Institute to kill all the Minutemen.
    • B) Persuade the Minutemen to stand down.
  • [Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 1
    • Complete up until the part "Continue Working with Father"
  • [Institute Quest] Powering Up
    • A Synth will come up to you after the meeting and allow you to continue "Underground Undercover". Make sure to speak to the Synth when he comes up to you.
  • [Institute Quest] [SAVE #2 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] End of the Line
    • You will have to kill Railroad members during this quest.
  • [Institute Quest] Airship Down
  • [Institute Quest] [Ending #1] Nuclear Family

Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #1.
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Reveille
    • Tune into Military Frequency AF95 and go to the Cambridge Police Station map marker. Alternatively, the BoS's Airship will arrive after completing the main story quest "Getting a Clue". You can go to the Airport and talk to the BoS there and they'll tell you to go to Cambridge Police Station to assist them.
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Fire Support
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Call to Arms
    • You will join the Brotherhood of Steel after returning to Paladin Dance at the end of this quest.
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Semper Invicta
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Shadow of Steel
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tour of Duty
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Show No Mercy
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] From Within
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Outside the Wire
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Liberty Reprimed
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Blind Betrayal
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tactical Thinking
    • Talking to Lancer-Captain Kells will cause the Railroad to turn hostile but this is ok because we made Save #2 earlier.
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Spoils of War
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Ad Victoriam
  • [Brotherhood of Steel Quest] [Ending #2] The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel)
Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #2.
  • [Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 2
  • [Railroad Quest] Precipice of War
  • [Railroad Quest] Rockets' Red Glare

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Nice one mate. I'll give that a try. How do I get them from there to say my email or my phone?

Inferno 225 cup
Guys how do I get the power Suit out of here
41a8fa22a483e9ca0842dc5245588c74.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
That will be connected to a terminal. Check for wires running away from the cage. Or post up a pic from slightly further back as I can't work out where that is.
It's on the train line near the aeroplane.

Edit: yeah I need to hack the computer inside s cabin.

My radiation bar is high, what do i need to reduce it?

A shiny black one.
Rad away.

Take rad-X before you go into a radiation zone or wear a hazmat suit or power armour to slow down the build up.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Hacking terminals. I know there's more to it than just randomly clicking things, but I'd be fucked if I know how to do it properly. Same with lockpicking - I'm hilariously woeful at it

Reactions: Ben

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Terminals are straight forward once you know how.

Find a word for instance

WOOD

It will then give you a likeness rating say 1. So the password has at least 1 of those letters in it in the same place. Next look for a word with any of those letters in the same place ie

BODE

so the second letter in BODE has a O in it and in the same position. It's difficult to explain but if you understand what I've just written it becomes fairly station forward

Find a word for instance

WOOD

It will then give you a likeness rating say 1. So the password has at least 1 of those letters in it in the same place. Next look for a word with any of those letters in the same place ie

BODE

so the second letter in BODE has a O in it and in the same position. It's difficult to explain but if you understand what I've just written it becomes fairly station forward

I only figured that out at around level 15! Just guessed up until then. Level 21 now and absolutely love it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Find a word for instance

WOOD

BODE

Didn't know it meant in the same place! Will help me no end that.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I too never realised that it meant that the letter was in the same position within the word. That makes it a lot more obvious to me now. All I need to do is actually play the bloody game! I might start over (again). Although this is my problem, I start about 1000 new games, get them to the same point, then stop playing for a long time. Once I return, I start a new game, rinse and repeat.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I really need to get back into this game. Just couldn't get into it really which is weird as I loved skyrim.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah thats how is sussed it. The password has something in common with the spread of letters. Lock picking is a piece of piss Marc, lol.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'll upload some images of my spectacle island settlement. Spent a ridiculous amount of time on it and I'm quite proud of it. Tried to show the missus and she almost slapped me hahah! It's official, my life is more interesting in fallout

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I have a perk where your Bobby pin never breaks.

I've got 19 settlers at spectacle island and it's fairly big. I wasn't that interested in building initially but once you reach a level where you have s**t loads of wood and steel etc it's good fun. I just look at some of the epic builds on Google. Some effort these guys go to

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm stuck right at the beginning, think I'm going to start again. I had to clear some people out of a power station or something but I died whilst attacking them and every time I re-spawn I'm surround by 4 of them and die instantly.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm stuck right at the beginning, think I'm going to start again. I had to clear some people out of a power station or something but I died whilst attacking them and every time I re-spawn I'm surround by 4 of them and die instantly.
Load the previous save. If you go into load you'll have a few there. Then you can save it somewhere safer. I made the same mistake. Is it the quarry?

Cayman S Edition 1
Try going in to your pip boy as soon as you respawn and pump yourself full of stimpacks. May or may not help;)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Getting the unbreakable pins is a waste of a perk - lock picking is quite simple as long as you've got a sensitive touch.

Put the pin in a position, I normally always leave it at 12 a clock and try it there first, then if it gets stuck and starts to rumble you need to move the pin to another position. The way in which it failed the last time is the indicator of what direction you need to move the pin and roughly how much.

Not long in to the game I ended up with maxed out (99+) pins because I broke so few. If you're careful and don't go any further when it starts to rumble, they don't break.

There is a bobblehead which increases the size of the "sweet spot".

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is the power armour meant to hand from those yellow racks? Mine never does.

Clio 1.2 16v
Nice one mate. I'll give that a try. How do I get them from there to say my email or my phone?
You can link your PSN to your Facebook then upload your screenshots straight to your Facebook wall then save them to your camera roll from your Facebook to your phone

Cayman S Edition 1
Piper, as you get extra XP for a limited time if you sleep with her.

Strong is hilarious.